gobacktogo

when you kill a presumable hacker, do you take any items?

hey guys,

so im at cherno supermarket and a guy starts shooting grenades at me. i do not see the explosions but i can hear them close to me. i start running, he fires shots, misses alot, more grenades more running. after a while i take cover behind a house and when he comes running around i shoot him. i didnt know he was a hacker until i open his gear and find a weapon with a HOLO (whatever that is, i think it was a M4A1 Holo). i get suspicious look up the dayz wiki and find no 'holo' weapon on the list. so i drop that weapon somewhere, run back and take my AKS-74 Kobra back.

not using that weapon seem obvious. but heres my question: do you upgrade your alice pack to a coyote? do you take his toolbelt-stuff, NVGs, rangefinder?

cliffs:

- got attacked

- ran a while, killed the guy

- dude has weapon that is not legid

-> obv taking the gun is wrong, but do you take other stuff?

If the items are legit take them. the kills is yours.

thats basically the question: are the items on a guy with a hacked weapon legid? most likely not?

I feel like they're kind of a reward for killing someone who hacks.

I don't think I've been in a situation where that's happened, I've never found a blatant hacker body.

I can say I think I'd take the items.

not sure if i deserve a reward for killing a hacker that obv can not hit the broad side of a barn with all his hacked items.

spoiler: i took the coyote and his toolbelt stuff, though

Edited by gobacktogo

I don't think I've been in a situation where that's happened, I've never found a blatant hacker body.

I can say I think I'd take the items.

And I can say you will get banned as its been said before if the devs find out you are using hacked weapons you will be presumed as a hacker none the less and perma banned.

Rocket has already said in the past that he is only banning the people that spawn in the items. They are safe to take. On that note I usually only take the legit items they spawn though for fear of admin banning thinking I spawned in the hacked guns etc.

And I can say you will get banned as its been said before if the devs find out you are using hacked weapons you will be presumed as a hacker none the less and perma banned.

this discussion is NOT about the hacked weapon. its about the items that legitly spawn in dayz but prolly have been scripted in by the ahcker along with his weapon.

Only ever had a run in with a hacker once, and that was on my third day of play. So of course I took his stuff, I didn't know any better!

I seen a guy running around with a gold revolver then later found his dead body outside the cherno supermarket. I took the revolver even though i can't find it on the wiki so it might not be legit but as far as i know it's only a cosmetic difference anyways.

FYI the gun you found is not a hacked in weapon. I think your talking about the M4A1 HWS M203 which is the normal M4 with a holo sight and grenade launcher. It is barracks spawn only i believe but definately not a hacked weapon.

But replying to your question no i don't take hacked loot we found a camo sniper (not SVD) in someones tent and dropped it on the ground so it would despawn.

FYI the gun you found is not a hacked in weapon. I think your talking about the M4A1 HWS M203 which is the normal M4 with a holo sight and grenade launcher. It is barracks spawn only i believe but definately not a hacked weapon.

oh snap, i think your right. ingame the weapon is called M4A1 Holo i think and the dayz wiki lists it under M4A1 HWS M203. dang, i destroyed it and took my AK47 Kobra back. stupid.

And that's fair to the average player how?

For example when I play games like this I don't study weapons, or spawn points of anything like that. If I find a gun on someones corpse then I'm going to take it. I shouldn't have to google search DAYZ LEGIT WEAPON LIST to find out if I'm allowed to use the gun.

Edit: The fact that there is confusion over a gun in this very topic is proof enough that someone just having a hacked gun on them shouldn't be grounds for a ban. Remove their inventory, kill them, whatever, but banning a player because they picked up a gun off a dead body and aren't experts on dayz weapons is beyond stupid.

Edited by Swineflew

If the items are real items in game, you can take them. Why wouldn't you? They aren't illegal by any means. Now, as for gold AKs and 50s with thermal scopes? Yeah, hide that shit!

You cant be banned for using hacked weapons if you did not spawn them, if you took them from the hacker they are yours. Fair game. Its not cheating.

M4A1 HOLO is a legit weapon, very very rare, but legit:

>>http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M4A1_HWS_M203<<

Assuming that this is actually what you found,

a complete list of LEGIT weapons can be found here:

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons

Anything not on that list, is hacked in from Arma II