Killer21334

Are millitairy tents supposed to have good gear?

I keep hearing how millitairy tents have "great loot" in them, today I stumbled upon a millitairy camp, I searched the entire area repeatadly and haven't found even an empty can.

then I found a rack of AKs but they are all props(can't pick them up)

Did I just stumble upon some kind of glitch or are the people lying about how tents are supposed to have good gear?

Might have been already looted or it could have been a medical tent.

That was the balota base. Those tents are not lootable, just the watchtowers around them.

Edited by Ex Cinis Cineris

you are at balota airfield

no loot in there apart from the dear stands (all 4 corners)

go to stary and in those tents or airfields north for gear

but still i always find shit there standard AKM's m16a4 etc crap tbh

look for heli crash sites these hold the best gear

I keep hearing how millitairy tents have "great loot" in them, today I stumbled upon a millitairy camp, I searched the entire area repeatadly and haven't found even an empty can.

Did I just stumble upon some kind of glitch or are the people lying about how tents are supposed to have good gear?

I think you've been at the Balota airfield camp. No loot in those tents, check the deer stands around them.

EDIT: Damn I'm slow. You are all total ninjas.

Edited by Max Planck

Sounds like you're at Balota Airfield.

The tents there do not actually have spawn points inside, but each deer stand at the corners have two military piles each.

http://dayzdb.com/map is a great way to know if you're at the right spots.

The "true" military tents are in Chernogorsk, Berezino and especially Stary Sobor.

Go to the actual Balota airstrip and check the bunkers and ATC tower.

I remember the first time I played this game. I ended up at balota and I'm all excited to see a rack of AK's. Then I find out they are just painted on :(

The tent camp at the coast, near Balotta airfield, West of Cherno? Don't bother with the tents, all the loot is in the guard towers.

Edited by Jaime