Blakorr

good tent locations?

found four tents while looting yesterday and i'm not sure where i want to put them. i'm trying to find spots that have relatively low player traffic but are still close to a water source and decent loot areas. looking into a few areas: near black/willow lake, pobeda dam, three valleys, etc. just wondering where you guys put your tents and if you've had any trouble with looters. obviously don't post what server they're on.

also, i intend on using one of those tents as a bait tent so if you have any suggestions for where i should put it, please let me know. thinking it'd be great on an airfield, but i'm worried that going out to set it up will be risky.

Edited by Blakorr

good tent locations would be in forests, tucked away in bushes, but for bait I would set up 2-3 around a pile of logs at night

Try not to put them in obvious locations (that seem good at the time). I was with 6 other friends last night, (we are survivors not bandits) and we came across 7 bandit tents in the rocks by the Ural spawn. We ended up taking anything of value (tons of weapons/supplies/car parts/maps/etc.) and then blew them all up with grenades. So avoid spots that "look like they are stealthy" but actually aren't. They were just all up on some big hill lol. Survivors will have no mercy for a bandits tent, so be careful!

Try not to put them in obvious locations (that seem good at the time). I was with 6 other friends last night, (we are survivors not bandits) and we came across 7 bandit tents in the rocks by the Ural spawn. We ended up taking anything of value (tons of weapons/supplies/car parts/maps/etc.) and then blew them all up with grenades. So avoid spots that "look like they are stealthy" but actually aren't. They were just all up on some big hill lol. Survivors will have no mercy for a bandits tent, so be careful!

How did you know they were bandit tents?

I'll guard them for you, if you want. I require payment in the form of everything you have.

seems legit Edited by Blakorr

How did you know they were bandit tents?

i was wondering the same thing. doesn't seem like a very bandity thing to put them near a spawn area.

The best locations are the ones you don't post in a forum lol. There is no good location. Some are a little bit better than others, but not by as much as you think. One person with a helicopter could find every tent on a server in no time flat.

Lakes are a bad idea, found 20 or so next to the twin small lakes while going for water, lol bet they didnt last long.

All of the taller peaks have them. .

I have found a surprising amount tucked in the towns with no stores up N on the map, guess they are letting the zeds guard them .

I never take more than i can carry and i dont blow them up , but i do like the free stuff :}

• Like 2

If I told you, they wouldn't be good anymore.

OT, try to put them in places that can only really be seen if you're right next to them. In clumps of trees, in small valleys, etc.

• Like 1

I have had several, i won't say where but you want to put a campsite far from regular player traffic where it would be safe to log out. And when you place the tents don't put them all in one area put them so you can find the first one then from there you know where the next is etc, i also like to drop them half inside of trees so that they arn't visible from every direction.

And for God's sake, don't put them next to a lake. Have found so many tents full of useful weaponry and supplies this way.

-MONSTER

• Like 1

I find the coords 000000 excellent.

I got a tent in the middle of the airfield, noones ever looted it becouse its so obvious that its a trap, funny thing is that it isent so thats the best location, however by telling you this its now the worst location

• Like 3

I really want to tell you the best location but then more people would know about it and it might compromise our existing camps... :P

I actually found out about the most brilliant camping spot in this forum. Maybe if you search the bandit campfire long enough you'll find it too.

I never put my tents up in one location. I spread them out all over various places on the map so that if one is compromised I still have whatever assets I stashed away in another tent. I don't even keep all my tents on the same server.

Spread them out through several servers that you have quick access to and some low/med player count. One of the best places is placing them at a none loot building thats all by itself. There are several buildings that are all alone deep inland where zombies spawn that people tend to pass by because there's really nothing to loot from there. Putting them on high mountains are common so tent hunters tend to look around there or any large land mark like rocks. Best spots are the usually the areas where people pass by without looking. There's a small red house with a stone fence around it only one way in to that small area but there's nothing to loot from it so people don't bother with it. It's surrounded with other houses with LOW loot rates so it's rarely looked at. I've hid 2 tents there and it was never found for about a month till a dumb driver with a ural smashed the stone wall and saw it.....other nice spots are OUT there you just got to think about it. When you place a tent look at the map and see what near by towns are there and what path you would take to travel from one town to another. You have to draft out a map of routes people will take to get from one area to another and from there you can find out hidden places that aren't used as paths to travel on. Took me a while to make a nice map like that but it helped. So far I have 40 tents in 10 servers and none of it has been found by anyone. Another way to help is hope around servers to find where people place tents GO TENT hunting and get a general idea of where people place tents to give you a better idea of where to place yours.

Find a low pop server for a gear up server. Nuff said

When I did this (seems logical) those servers had such low population THEY CLOSED.

best way to UNRECOVERABLY lose all your gear is to have the admin decide it's not worth having a server anymore because nobody's playing on it.

You're better off on a moderately populated server, or one you help support $$$ - than a random empty one.

I'm just pissed because it's happened to 4 servers I've placed tents on so far.

I even wrote a limerick.

Highspiral is getting quite bent

regarding the stuff in his tent

He fills it with loot

and what soon follows suit...

THAT admin stops paying his rent >:(

In the limericks trhread: http://dayzmod.com/f..._80#entry865670

Yep that has happened to me aswel dude, 4 servers have gone when we have had cars and camps stored.

Just keep plugging away mate and find a server which u can donate too which is kinda emptyish.

When I did this (seems logical) those servers had such low population THEY CLOSED.

best way to UNRECOVERABLY lose all your gear is to have the admin decide it's not worth having a server anymore because nobody's playing on it.

You're better off on a moderately populated server, or one you help support $$$ - than a random empty one.

I'm just pissed because it's happened to 4 servers I've placed tents on so far.

I even wrote a limerick.

Highspiral is getting quite bent

regarding the stuff in his tent

He fills it with loot

and what soon follows suit...

THAT admin stops paying his rent >:(

In the limericks trhread: http://dayzmod.com/f..._80#entry865670

The following is a Copy/Paste of a post I made about base locations back in August, I don't want to type this all out again.

About those tents in the middle of the woods, those are never safe, being a career camp raider I usually know exactly where the good tents are. Armed to the teeth thanks to some extremely well stocked "clan clusters" I will wait at night outside a camp and while eating beans and sipping on some mountain dew waiting for engine noise. Survivor(s) drive up on an atv or bike, or a car if I am lucky, park by the tent headlights on, get off, go to tent, get wiped out. Otherwise I just loot. I would go into more detail but that is not the point I am trying to make.

1. Isalnds are more or less secure if you control most of the easy to get "small boats" especially that rock 12 km out, but holy shit and one bad chopper landing will wipe out your tents in a heartbeat. Never use choppers for islands though because people will see it land and take off from the high pop coast and that is never good. Land by boat and from the side facing away from the coast.

2. Seperate you vehicles from your main camp by at least 2km, and use a bike to travel between them. No engine noise that the wary looter may hear.

3. This may seem crazy but never put your tents at the top of mountains or even in wooden areas that are mostly flat all around. I never spend more than a few hours without high tier gear from easy places like these. Put them in odd locations, not just on the map but in the terrain, (Edit: Yes tents do need flat terrain but look for surrounding terrain that can help conceal tents, I do not recommend rocks for that because they are contrasted to the surrounding terrain and are eye catchers) but seriously, EVERYBODY will find that tent city in the north east corner of the map. Use centeral north and north west if you have absolutely no better place to put them. Use the NW pass for vehicles and keep them in a motor pool away from your camp.

City bases last little longer than beans in a backpack so I would only use one if I wanted to start over and go out in a guns blazing atop the battlements fashion. Think alamo.