Sign in to follow this  
jmido8

Easy way to switch between hatchet and rifle?

I have a hatchet on my toolbelt and a rifle in my main hand but I can't figure out how you switch to the hatchet without dropping the rifle on the ground. Is it possible to switch without doing that?

I think you can only switch between a main weapon (hatchet, rifle) and a secondary weapon (pistol) quickly, using mouse wheel. Just started though so may be wrong.

Edited by smasht_AU

You have to move your gun into your backpack first and make sure you have enough room. Most primary weapons take up 10 slots.

Great idea would be if we could put our main weapon on back (on shoulder) and take other main weapon to hands. It's quite real, right?

Edited by Clasius

Usually I do this:

- Open inventory

- Klick primaryweapon

- klick button "drop" in the bottom right corner of the inventory screen

- rightklick hatchet -> remove from toolbelt

- depending on serverlag, wait until you see it in the actual slot

- use contextmenu to switch to your primary weapon (mouswheel)

- reload

- kill things

To do it all back:

- rightklick on the hatchet icon in the inventory which should be in the primary slot now

- choose "add to toolbelt"

- wait until your primary slot is free

- look at your weapon and take it back into the inventory.

Things that might be a problem:

- Remember where you drop your weapon, if you're stupid, you won't find it again.

- You can also add the weapon into your backback but usually you won't have 10+ free slots there so if you're in a hurry it's easier to drop it instead of reorganizing your whole inventory first.

- if you drop your gun, kill things with the axe and for any reason the server restarts or crashes, you lost your primary weapon with all the amunition for it. May be rare but happened to me once.

The same works for the flashlight. Think of it as an item which is stored in the toolbelt but can be moved to an active slot anytime, given that there's enough room in the according slot.