horrgakx

Making videos

Plenty of people have posted something like "Wow, look what happened to me last night" followed up with a video.

Do people record constantly or is there a way to record the last 10 minutes of play in-game or something?

Can I suggest if people are going to use Fraps, they buy it.

I've used Fraps for years and the guy will give you a perpetual licence if you buy it, it is complete value for money. He can't make much money from the program and he continually develops it and keeps it up to date.

Plenty of people have posted something like "Wow, look what happened to me last night" followed up with a video.

Do people record constantly or is there a way to record the last 10 minutes of play in-game or something?

I've been using Bandicam which I got for $30 and it works great. It was easy to set up and I've had very few issues with it. You can capture in full 1080p. Bandi cam has a free trial that lets you do everything but you can only record in 10 minute segments and then you have to hit record again. There is also a "bandicam.com" everlay at the top of the video in the free version.

Also check out Playclaw3. I have only messed around with the free version but it seems to work great and it has a lot of interesting extra options. It has a great in game option menu that you can bring up with a hotkey that allows you to adjust just about every setting you can think of. The free version of PlayClaw3 also has text overlay that says "playclaw.com" in the free version.

Download either of these, go through the quick set up and start recording. When you find that you prefer one over the other buy it and record your exploits so we can watch you die. :)

Dxtory is Much better.

How is Dxtory better exactly?

I'm hesitant to download it because the website looks pretty sketchy. How much does it cost? It doesn't say on the website.

Which one takes less processing time? I've used FRAPS before and I take a frame rate hit.

Which one takes less processing time? I've used FRAPS before and I take a frame rate hit.

I should say "playclaw takes less" (guess why :D) but I say "try it" :) Every tool has trial version.