Rogan (DayZ)

Remove 'regular' difficulty server option or; "Regular" really means "Bandits"

I propose that the regular server setting (those that give away player locations on mouseover) be renamed in server description. Rather than having regular in the server name have "PvP" or "Bandits". Something to give the first day newbies a fighting chance of not being sniped in their first two hours.

New players are joining the game thinking that 'Regular' means easy. This is so far from the truth it's not funny. This needs to be fixed somehow, and sooner rather than later.

I edited my post to clarify the suggestion, apologies if some of the posts below now seem incoherent.

Edited by Rogan
  • Like 2

I gotta question about the difficulty actually~

Does it actually matter for the zombies? Such as make them tougher and such, or is it just for PvP?

Veteran servers can acvtually also still have that enabled, it's in server settings and can be changed by the admin.

• Like 1

I removed the option for tree-line scanning. Servers can edit their difficulties options.

It won't be removed, i can tell you that right now. If you dont like tags then dont play on any server that has them enabled. I dont like tags myself either but its a server pref thing. Calling for removal isnt really worth it and it wont happen anyway.

completly agreed, regular servers should be ripped off the game, it's totally nonsense those green names, and it sucks that there are like 300000000 regular servers and a few veteran.

I'm pretty sure the name tags and the white dots are to stay. The only way to avoid them is to play on a server which has them disabled. Simple as that.

I adhere, but some people like the regular servers, I think name tags ruins this game, and while so many people attempt to make more realism by adding other things, but why not add realism by removing what's here. Name tags aren't realistic and should be removed. Also, your location on a map should not be visible on regular servers to, only if you have a GPS should that be available.

Well if people like regular severs let them play on regular servers, but if they're gonna complain about the name tags, it's their own fault for putting themselves in that "situation". And it's an option for the server owner/hoster to have it enabled or not. Just filter for servers without name tags and the problem is solved.

Edited by Fredaaay

Veteran servers can acvtually also still have that enabled, it's in server settings and can be changed by the admin.

This.

Don't want tags? Don't play on servers with them enabled. I don't like them, and many of friends my REFUSE to play on servers with them. So much so, to the point that we do a 'tag check' when we spawn in.

It won't be removed, i can tell you that right now. If you dont like tags then dont play on any server that has them enabled. I dont like tags myself either but its a server pref thing. Calling for removal isnt really worth it and it wont happen anyway.

I'm pretty sure the name tags and the white dots are to stay. The only way to avoid them is to play on a server which has them disabled. Simple as that.

You're completely ignoring my point. My point is not removing mouseover. My point is that Mouseover is on regular. The way servers are reporting themselves is putting complete newbies into servers filled with people using mouseover for PvP. The setting is not the issue.

The issue - NEW PLAYERS GETTING FUCKED - is the issue.

How does that work then? Mouseover??

You click middlemouse and scan. I avoid mouseover, so I couldn't really say.

Edited by Rogan

I noticed that there is a lot of American servers which are regular, a much higher percentage of US servers are regular compared to European ones.

heh...

I either have 'vet' in my filter or the number of a particular server. I avoid reg servers like the plague. I really dislike people having instant range finders and see me through mountain hacks.

New players beware is all

Edited by Rogan

I adhere, but some people like the regular servers, I think name tags ruins this game, and while so many people attempt to make more realism by adding other things, but why not add realism by removing what's here. Name tags aren't realistic and should be removed. Also, your location on a map should not be visible on regular servers to, only if you have a GPS should that be available.

It's a goddamn zombie apocalypse. It is inherently unrealistic. A few liberties should be allowed for gameplay, and nametags can be good for reducing accidental killing of friends. Either the tags, or maybe add a way to put on a purple ribbon or something to ID urself to ur group

Quaby have you tried accessories? Sunglasses are pretty easy to see, or camo faces whatever.

Quaby have you tried accessories? Sunglasses are pretty easy to see, or camo faces whatever.

I never heard about those. Are those on the profile screen? I saw them but I thought they didn't do anything