Jimmy McNulty

Give zombies more HP

I think its too easy to kill the zombies. I'd buff their HP for like 100% or more. Then they would survive 4 bullets instead of 2 from AK's, M4's..and 2 bullets from AKM's etc. Thats still not enough in my opinion. And headshots? Zombies should survive more than one headshot.

Why should they?

I do like the idea of randomizing their hit points between an upper and lower parameter - so you never know if you've got a 'tough' one.

nonsense, its okay as it is right now, otherwise the makarov would need 8 hits to kill a zombie

.The game focus - or the dangerous part- in this game relies on the other players. If you're fool enough to shoot in a well visited town, u'll get punished for that by other players.

Remember its not a singleplayer game

Give them more Dell.

I think they're ok as is, since they are infected humans on some kind of adrenal rush or whatever... I'd just prefer them to be less glitchy, when the real game rolls around.

Once they are abit easier to shoot down, unless you're in a house, those zig zagging zombies are a pain to shoot, especially if you have to shoot them 4 times.

Why should they?

I do like the idea of randomizing their hit points between an upper and lower parameter - so you never know if you've got a 'tough' one.

I like this idea more.

I'm in favor of decreasing the amount of damage body shots inflict upon the zombies. Damage to limbs should be even less. Enough leg shots should slow their movement speed since I don't believe the engine supports dismemberment. This way the guy with the makarov could shoot a leg three times then head for the hills having exchanged his ammo for a sure escape if he can't manage a headshot.

Edited by MisterNine

Zombies should only die by Headshot, and not being shot into body. PERIOD!!!

But that's just stupid. These aren't magical voodoo zombies; they're infected people.

Muscles and nerve signals require chemical reactions partly produced by oxygen in a working blood stream.

Shoot a human in the chest, and you've got a good chance of destroying their lungs, heart, or spine, and all of these are pretty vital to making a zombie able to eat people.

I propose a more reasonable system:

Headshots: One shot kill for rifles. Occasional chance that it takes two shots from a pistol, since a zombie doesn't require much brain matter for 'lurch', 'moan', and 'eat'.

Chest shots: Full damage, based on current stats.

Abdomen: Half damage.

Arms: Shooting the arms doesn't kill a zed, only reduces the ability for it to hurt you. Putting, say, a 7.62mm round or two 5.56mm rounds into each arm will make it unable to attack other than biting.

Legs: Shooting the legs does half damage, since there's some large blood vessels there, and also cripples the zombie.

This would make hitting for center mass and the head important. I would say that hitting the torso should make the zombie stagger and slow down for a moment from the pain, but I don't know if they feel pain or not.

But that's just stupid. These aren't magical voodoo zombies; they're infected people.

Not sure which ones these are... in 28days/weeks later, those were infected ppl with rage, capable of thinking, in Resident Evil, those were just dead people, with no blood flowing, therefore hitting them in chest would not stop them, hitting them in leg would not do anything either - well aimed shot might broke the bone, but thats it. In Walking dead, everyone is infected and LIVES, once dead, infection will wake em up, TILL they get shot in head or spine(to break comms between brain and rest of body)

EDIT: There is many more movies/games we might take how it actually worked, but I am too lazy to write down all the possibilities and trying to remember all the movies I have seen.

Let Rocket decied whose are the ones we meet...

Edited by Zheiko

Zombies are not a threat. Unless they happen to be...people wont cooperate.

How are they not a threat?

Not sure which ones these are... in 28days/weeks later, those were infected ppl with rage, capable of thinking, in Resident Evil, those were just dead people, with no blood flowing, therefore hitting them in chest would not stop them, hitting them in leg would not do anything either - well aimed shot might broke the bone, but thats it. In Walking dead, everyone is infected and LIVES, once dead, infection will wake em up, TILL they get shot in head or spine(to break comms between brain and rest of body)

EDIT: There is many more movies/games we might take how it actually worked, but I am too lazy to write down all the possibilities and trying to remember all the movies I have seen.

Let Rocket decied whose are the ones we meet...

I'm talking chemically; it's literally impossible for a person infected with a disease that makes them stupid and cannibalistic to function when their blood isn't pumping and they aren't taking in oxygen.

Unless the 'infection' is some sort of amazing bacteria that somehow collects energy from food and the air and transfers it through the infected person's body, or somehow changes the way the human body works so that it runs off different chemicals, then realistically speaking it just doesn't work.

Oxygen is vital to make muscles move. It's vital to make nerves send signals. Without it, and without a circulatory system, an infected person will just keel over and die.

These days, the term 'Zombie' covers a broad spectrum, ranging from the voodoo magic, to the chemically drugged, to the infected, to the resurrected dead.

If Rocket wants to make this mod as realistic as possible (and I suspect he does), then the Max Brooks, Walking Dead, and Resident Evil zombies have no place in DayZ. The kind from 28 days later, which will die if you put a bullet in their heart or brain, or bleed to death from being shot and stabbed, are the ones I assume are in DayZ.

Once the zombie run speed/teleporting gets fixed I dont mind them increasing the health. What would be cool is if there were these slow moving zombies which had more if not alot more health than the "regular" fast running zombies.

!!!!!WE-WANT-IT-HARDCORE!!!!!

wigger_17.jpg

I'm talking chemically; it's literally impossible for a person infected with a disease that makes them stupid and cannibalistic to function when their blood isn't pumping and they aren't taking in oxygen.

Unless the 'infection' is some sort of amazing bacteria that somehow collects energy from food and the air and transfers it through the infected person's body, or somehow changes the way the human body works so that it runs off different chemicals, then realistically speaking it just doesn't work.

Oxygen is vital to make muscles move. It's vital to make nerves send signals. Without it, and without a circulatory system, an infected person will just keel over and die.

These days, the term 'Zombie' covers a broad spectrum, ranging from the voodoo magic, to the chemically drugged, to the infected, to the resurrected dead.

If Rocket wants to make this mod as realistic as possible (and I suspect he does), then the Max Brooks, Walking Dead, and Resident Evil zombies have no place in DayZ. The kind from 28 days later, which will die if you put a bullet in their heart or brain, or bleed to death from being shot and stabbed, are the ones I assume are in DayZ.

Ok, have it your way - if 'Infected' can bleed out, they have their body working just like then they just simply should not have 4200 blood, like they have now, but about 12000 - coz those are normal humans after all, just infected - right? But then, one shot into leg would make zombie bleed out in few moments - as I dont think its brain is capable of using bandages on itself, right?

Zombies should only die by Headshot, and not being shot into body.

with such buggy controls that arma offers? fuck no.

!!!!!WE-WANT-IT-HARDCORE!!!!!

Silly silly they are not zombies they are infected :rolleyes: Rocket says so....