Sign in to follow this  
rinaun

Spawning at coast

Please fix this. Please. Fix. This. Fifth time now I've logged off and logged back in completely different places. This is getting pretty annoying. This wasn't happening before so what is going on?

Thanks.

I assume like with the previous patch, there was a data corruption causing everyone to lose their positioning data.

It's an alpha. Deal.

Can you please shut the fuck up with the "deal with it" attitude?

That being said, it seems like more shit gets broken every patch. I think I'll be playing something else until they speed up fixes. I'm still lost why he released such a developmental build.

These aren't just patches, they're builds. Basically new versions of the game. Hence why you have to replace the entire file.

The reason for these 'developmental builds' is because it's still in development! That's why it's called an alpha. It's an unfinished modification, I don't know what you expected?

Swearing isn't going to get your way, you just seem like an uneducated child now.

Edit: to strengthen my point after being ninja posted.

These aren't just patches' date=' they're builds. Basically new versions of the game. Hence why you have to replace the entire file.

So sometimes there is some data corruption as Macenzie said.

[/quote']

I understand the build part; I was simply stating I'm still not convinced releasing the game this soon was such a smart idea, but time will tell.

On the data corruption: It didn't happen much at all before (late april/early may) but now its almost bi-nightly. It's really affecting my ability to play (or was).

These aren't just patches' date=' they're builds. Basically new versions of the game. Hence why you have to replace the entire file.

[/quote']

I understand the build part; I was simply stating I'm still not convinced releasing the game this soon was such a smart idea, but time will tell.

On the data corruption: It didn't happen much at all before (late april/early may) but now its almost bi-nightly. It's really affecting my ability to play (or was).

If you think it's so unready, don't play it.

I'm sure the Rocket n'devs are trying to fix this. Understand it's in ALPHA, like people keep stressing. Things like this'll happen quite frequently, and we'll just have to deal with it. Plus, I find it fun to hike all the way back up north from the dangerous southern coasts of Chernarus.

[/quote']

If you think it's so unready, don't play it.

I won't be.

Also whats with the captcha? Lol

I didn't realise you had responded when I originally edited it to reiterate my point.

Yeah whats up with this "Alpha" (whatever that means) not having everything working well?

I mean seriously why did Rocket (if that is indeed his real name) release this junk so we could test it out instead of never sleeping and testing everything himself ahead of time?

Now we have to play this garbage and not have a perfect game?

Nonsense!

OP This is an Alpha version of the game that has bugs that will need to be found and fixed. If you can't deal with that just give up already and wait for the final release.

I've been spawned all over the place my fav so far is the debug forest do you here me screaming at the dev's? no I realise it's not a final build and will have issues that should be reported to the devs so they can fix them. Not to mention that the servers have been getting hammered due to the massive popularity of the mod.

Take a chill pill dude and go kill some bandits and Z's :)

To everyone bickering about this mod being released.

This is a FREE mod, you made the decission to play it. Keep in mind, that the mod is not actually a part of the original Arma game, so you dident pay anything for it. If you don't like it, then stop playing it, simple as that. Nobody here on the forum cares if you play or not. To me it seems that fewer people would only be better (Atleast for now), because of the overloaded database.

Afterall its still in alpha, so please do "get over it". And don't tell us not to tell you to get over it, because you should.

Yeah whats up with this "Alpha" (whatever that means) not having everything working well?

I mean seriously why did Rocket (if that is indeed his real name) release this junk so we could test it out instead of never sleeping and testing everything himself ahead of time?

Now we have to play this garbage and not have a perfect game?

Nonsense!

1st Everybody knows were not going 2 have a perfect game, thats the joy of getting the chance 2 play...

2nd If u read up about this mod U'd know thats his nickname (Rocket)

3rd Is some1 putting a gun 2 ur head 2 play dis garbage????? :huh:

Or mabye just roll wit the hrs of fun u can have in the ghost-forest.......:P

Well, I suppose it's good at least then that you didn't have to pay for the mod, eh? :P

Oh wait, I'm guessing you're one of the ones who heard about it, paid £25+ on a game with known bugs anyway, to play an Alpha build of a mod? Either way, no sympathy...

Well' date=' I suppose it's good at least then that you didn't have to pay for the mod, eh? :P

Oh wait, I'm guessing you're one of the ones who heard about it, paid £25+ on a game with known bugs anyway, to play an Alpha build of a mod? Either way, no sympathy...

[/quote']

I don't mind bashing the OP for being ungrateful (free alpha etc), but the "ohhhh I played arma 2 before day z" elitism has got to stop. You're not better people, and the only reason arma 2 devs are helping to support the mod is BECAUSE of the thousands of people buying arma 2 for Day Z.

There's appreciating someones work and then there's being a disgusting little fanboy brown-nose. The amount of fanboys on this forum is sickening, please tell me guys... how brown are your noses?

Lol, it's funny how DayZ has created both crybabies and "be a real man!" people on both extremes. Don't pretend that you don't get at least a little annoyed when the game breaks and dooms you. The game is awesome and frustrating at the same time, and yes, everyone knows it's in Alpha, but you gotta cut people some slack, the thing does some shitty stuff sometimes. I got spawned back at the beach after previously being far north and I was definitely like "WTF!" and even had to unload my last sks mag into some random wannabe bandit noob that thought I was a chump, but I bandaged myself up and headed north for the woods and all was well. I just thanked the Dayz survivor god I was still alive and went on with my life (still alive and well thank you), but I feel people's pain when things bug out and get all glitchy. It definitely almost got me earlier when the game ate a bunch of my ammo and left me dry. Luckily I've got good zed horde juking skills unlike my buddy who lagged out and thus got chewed on allowing me a few more seconds of zed dodging.

As an alpha it is the community's job to try to help the devs out to their best ability to get the alpha stage done. The alpha stage is tons of bug fixing and main features implemented/experimented(rocket you evil person). And yes you are helping by notifying about this problem as everyone seems to have. Whining and cussing about isn't going to help. If you know a way to fix it then let the devs know, if not don't cry like a baby, it doesn't help everyone. Just play diablo 3 till the beta of Dayz if you're not having fun with what it is right now.

It's ok to be mad when you lose your stuff to silliness. It's not Ok to then go on the forums, and type out a 5 paragraph stream of consciousness ragepost about why this sucks, and what are devs thinking, "lol learn 2 code".

You're testing, now kindly sack up or get out.

Well' date=' I suppose it's good at least then that you didn't have to pay for the mod, eh? :P

[/quote']

I don't mind bashing the OP for being ungrateful (free alpha etc), but the "ohhhh I played arma 2 before day z" elitism has got to stop. You're not better people, and the only reason arma 2 devs are helping to support the mod is BECAUSE of the thousands of people buying arma 2 for Day Z.

The fact that I played before hand is nothing to do with it. The mod actually made me reinstall the game after a 2 year break (clan problems left me with a sour taste about it overall)...

What I am against is people who think that...or seem to think that...the mod IS the game, and so slate, complain or wish to try and push changes to either the mod or the game due to bugs and features that are either, already a part of the game, or introduced with the mod.

Lets take the OP in this thread...complaining that the Mod was even released in Alpha. No one forced him to download the mod, and no money 'should' have been lost by playing it, 'unless' they only bought the game to play the mod, and so has no reason what so ever for the butthurt attitude. By releasing it in Alpha, it allows the mod to be developed with a much wider range of feedback and easier bug testing. Just look at Minecraft for a VERY successful example of a game that followed this method.

I understand the build part; I was simply stating I'm still not convinced releasing the game this soon was such a smart idea' date=' but time will tell.

[/quote']

Releasing the game is both a way to get massive amounts of data and experience, making it both possible to do better bug fixing and balancing (since balancing requires many players to give feedback at different compositions of players). Furthermore, by releasing the Alpha and making it playable, the game got much fame and created a community of players (or should we say testers), which I think also pushes the devs to spend more time building the game (since they know it is played massively). This furthermore caused Bohemia to look at ways to help the mod as well.

And yeah, there are maybe some players put off by the odd quirks that occur. However, intelligent players consider it an Alpha and are grateful for being able to play it already, even with the bugs. If it ruins your fun so much, just don't play it until everything is more stable.

Like others say, it is OK to be a little bit pissed of if your progress is wiped, but complaining about it won't change the fact that it is Alpha and it will probably occur many times in the future.