I would really like to see Headlamps added to DayZ.

I personally think playing in the nighttime is way funner than playing in the daylight, as it adds to the thrill.

http://www.proguidedirect.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/LMSPrincetonTecCoronaHeadlamp.jpg

http://ledstuff.co.nz/images/LED-HLCQ3210a.jpg

These are headlamps. ^

Why are headlamps better than regular flashlights? Because they simply don't move around like crazy while you're running, allowing you to see your enviroment easily, even during the night.

Where would headlamps be found? Just like military flaslights, in Barracks, Hangers and Military tents.

Hoping to see it in game!

• Like 31

i was thinking the same, but u fresh spawn with normal flash light and the headlamp can be found in stores...

• Like 1

Excellent idea.

Not only would they leave your hands free to wield a weapon, tying the direction you shine your torch to the direction you are looking as opposed to facing just makes more sense.

Where would headlamps be found? Just like military flashlights, in Barracks, Hangers and Military tents.

I think they should be semi-rare drops in industrial areas.

Excellent idea.

Not only would they leave your hands free to wield a weapon, tying the direction you shine your torch to the direction you are looking as opposed to facing just makes more sense.

I think they should be semi-rare drops in industrial areas.

I don't really mind where they'd drop at the moment actually, but yeah industrial areas can be great spots for them!

+1, simple suggestion and something i know i would get a little excited about finding as a drop and in no way overpowered.

Yeah, I'm all for this idea, but the spawns would have to be fairly rare. I don't want to run across a barn full of headlamps.

I don't really mind where they'd drop at the moment actually, but yeah industrial areas can be great spots for them!

They could really be anywhere, hell, I own my own headlight! The damn things are cheap as dirt. They should be rare however, like, more so than the military flashlight, or even exactly as rare.

not only that it has an awesome downside of pinpointing exactly where a gunman should shoot, love this game its all risk v reward

not only that it has an awesome downside of pinpointing exactly where a gunman should shoot, love this game its all risk v reward

Yep that is a downside but like you said, it's risk versus reward! And the reward can be big.

Love the idea! In my opinion they shouldnt even be too rare since maybe then there would be a real night play happening

Edited by GoTo2k
  • Like 1

Have heard about this before, it seems like an obvious solution, its kinda retarded that you cant wield a weapon with a flashlight, usually players avoid the really dark nights, but even if you do chose to play at night you're going to need a flashlight ( Or nvg ofc) , this leaves you vulnerable and chances of you luring zombies at night is probably alot higher since you probably wont see them coming.

In my opinion this needs a solution, so i'm all for headlamps.

Cool head beacons.