Dome-Nukem

M16A4 ACOG Reticle

Hi, i use often the M16A4 with ACOG optics. I love the way you adapted the balistics and weapons in DayZ, nice work! Respect to all on DayZ stuff !

------

The M16A4 ACOG has the Wrong Reticle.

The correct ACOG for the M16A4 is the AN/PVQ-31A (A4) which is calibrated and designed for the M16A4

The correct reticle is this

http://www.tacticalg...cog ta31f-4.jpg

http://imageshack.us...cture1rco2.jpg/

and

http://imageshack.us...icture1rco.jpg/

See this link to confirm the official Information.

and btw

You see the ACOG still has no zeroing, it is not needed with the correct reticle cause its fixed.

To see the correct reticle view please click the link to this site.( i didnt wanted to steal the pictures from other forums)

It is a Small modification ONLY in the reticle and a lot of DayZ Bandits/Survivors would be happy to aim on the target at all distances the correct way, we would be very thankfull.

The Searchresults gave no hits with these keywords " M16A4 ACOG RETICLE "

Thank you all for reading and i hope with the next update we all can use a more to the reality optimized M16A4 ACOG ingame.

Dome-Nukem

Edited by Dome-Nukem
  • Like 1

there is actually many different versions of the ACOG with all different kinds of sight pictures

TRTA01_Reticle.jpg

The one in game does exsists

also if you go to the Trijicon website different ACOG models have different sight pictures for example the 6x48 sight has this picture

TA648MGO-M2.jpg

the same sight has this version

TA648.jpg

in 3 different colours.

So leave it alone it's fine. and i love the range finding features on the current sight picture

Oh my god, WHO CARES. It's from Arma 2 and close enough, you don't think the devs are busy enough with developing the parts of the game which are actually broken/adding in new features? Not modifying the functioning scopes of weapons to please a few gun-nuts.

I care, i would be happy if the reticle Duke...Dome-Nukem posted would be implemented ingame.

Cause the 4x maginication is useless with the actuall blank markings, you dont know thich is for what distance.

The links Lukeye posted are useless, the complete idea with the Original reticles is good, me and my clan would be happy.

I compared the reticle from my ar-15 with that one he posted and it fits perfect.

BTW i found this link http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/marines-pleased-so-usmc-orders-660m-more-acog-rifle-scopes-01021/ look which ACOG they are using has the original reticle.

If you use DayZ M16A4 ACOG you should has exact that original reticle.

Low skill = low claim some are moderate with the acutal bad scopeview of it, and others are painting a dot in the middle of the screen and are happy with it.

A lot of players would be very happy to see a original ACOG view.

Yes Make the Original ACOG reticle i would like it, better than now.

bb

• Like 1

I care, i would be happy if the reticle Duke...Dome-Nukem posted would be implemented ingame.

Cause the 4x maginication is useless with the actuall blank markings, you dont know thich is for what distance

I've used the ACOG on the M16 before, both in DayZ and ARMA 2, and it works just fine.

Go google the range markings, there's plenty of guides out there to using the different scopes in ARMA.

I have no trouble estimating range based on the shoulder width of people, which is pretty damn useful considering how rare rangefinders are.

Also, as Lukeyu posted, the reticle used in the current ACOG scope does exist. Just learn to use it! Rocket has much more important things to worry about than tailoring to the needs of someone who hasn't learned to use a certain type of scope.

Edited by Duckman404

Very easy

the ingame acog has no distance marking NUMBERS, and no iluminated middle marking.

the original ACOG has numbers and a kind of middle marking.

Thats the difference between both.

The ingame looks nearly as it, but it isnt the same because there are differences that the human eye can detect and the brain can distinguish.

An ACOG with complete markings would be nice, or not ? Then you has it how it should be.

---Go google the range markings, there's plenty of guides out there to using the different scopes in ARMAi do

I dont need any scope at all if i follow this funny idea, i can paint a DOT in the middle of the screen but that is not the idea of aiming with a ACOG rifle.

Please make it a REAL reticle, equal what those " im fine with bad sights " dudes try to tell.

I can imagine that Rocket has enough work to do, but this forum subtitle exists under the Topic "SUGGESTIONS", so i think the poster try to use it for what its made, if somebody does not like that some are using this for what its made for suggestion ideas to increase the reality/ funfactor on the game, then that reader has please not to reply to the post.

Nobody is forced to answer in this way "STOP telling suggesting i dont like your idea" those comments are nonproductive and disturbing.

If there is no good idea to the topic then i dont answer. Everything else is trolling.

Thank for reading this SUGGESTION in the SUGGESTION -area of this Forum.

iltisfahrer

Very easy

the ingame acog has no distance marking NUMBERS, and no iluminated middle marking.

the original ACOG has numbers and a kind of middle marking.

The in-game ACOG sight uses this sight picture:

there is actually many different versions of the ACOG with all different kinds of sight pictures

TRTA01_Reticle.jpg

The one in game does exsists

Rocket is using the M16 from the ARMA 2 resources, which means he would need to get BI to modify ARMA 2 to use the kind of sight picture you prefer. Your 'suggestion' is very, very low on the list of priorities, especially considering that no one else has trouble figuring out how to use the current ACOG sight, and especially since the current ACOG sight exists and is realistically implemented.

I don't honestly see what you're complaining about. The current sight is not a bad sight just because you don't understand how it works, and having a couple of numbers and a 'glowing bit' won't make using it any easier if you don't know how to use the bars to estimate range. It's very easy to remember what the range increment of each bar is, but if you feel you need it changed to something easier... I guess that's your prerogative.

Its not the same.

I show the differences i put circles for you and all others who dont see the difference on the main differences, there are 5. circles

Original

1. the 100m marking is below middle line is with space

2. there are distance numbers, ask a sniper why they are in the direct reticle and not on google.

3. there are distance numbers, ask a sniper why they are in the direct reticle and not somewhere else

4. there are 2white dots marking 800m in the FAT vertikal line

5. it is not iluminated day/night wich is a significant characteristics for an Trijicon ACOG

q3aflrycvtgp.jpg

FACT is the ingame reticle has none of the above listed and that is the difference.

Visible for everybody now.

Keep telling its the EXACT SAME reticle.

2.I can use it i did not wrote i cant handle it or do not know how it works, i said it would be nicer, cause then the ACOG is an Original ACOG like.

At the moment it not an ACOG its only Crosshair. On which position the reticle is is equal mainthing for me is, rocket has read it.

So i think it would be NICER to have an ACOG view on a rifle thatis called M16A4 ACOG.

You are happy with how it is at the moment, good for you.

OK then be happy with how it is, then stop telling me you dont like it.

I accept your happyness about the reticle.

I just suggest an ACOG rifle should have an ACOG reticle which is an ACOG reticle and not something near similar, it would be NICER.

Which problems with BI or third partners behind the scenes are running is on exact this point in this forum not my problem. I only used this forum to bring 2 ideas into the evolution of the mod not to talk to strange dudes,or to talk about how to "not liking it".

This is the SUGGESTIONS AREA and accept it or not i SUGGESTED it.

Thanks for you Respect and Acceptance, of my point of view. It would be nice.

BB a Random Player which gives a suggestion and gets attacked for it.

Edited by iltisfahrer

After deep consideration, I have come to the conclusion that this may be an elaborate attempt to troll us all.

If you have nothing to say to the technical idea of the topic then you have nothing to tell.

Dont talk if you can not supoprt the idea.

Humans always must tell sentimental useless posts. That is disturbing an technical-line of the thread.

Stop posting stuff like this Chickenfeed if it is useless.

Please post if you have any ideas how the reticle can be changed.

rite down some ideas tips, to stay on a technical discussion. (Why i have to tell that extra??omg <_< )

Sentimentalism is wrong in this thread, its is destroying and disturbing those posts do not include any usable technical solutions to the topic, just some sentimental stuff and should be removed cause on that unlogical level is no solution possible.

The lines coming down from the centre indicates the width of your target when your target is that wide you aim using that line.

I reckon the current sight picture is better because you don't need to know the distance to target.

i couldnt think of something less important right now

• Like 1