Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

What is it with American kids hacking?

Every country has hackers, and the US is no exception, but neither is the UK.

What people fail to understand is the size of the populations of compared nations, and infact the whole of Europe is only slightly higher in the population than the US, and has about an equal in amount of 'hackers' of their population.

Another thing people tend to ignore is that most of these hackers we encounter are just immature people (generally children between the ages of 13-17) and are hacking for the precieved points they gain by hacking a game. It is an ego boost, and nothing more. Those hackers that give everyone a high powered rifle and give random strangers cars, tanks or jets are just messing around. Those that kill everyone on a server, or turn everyone into cows and then nuke them, are nothing but wasted space both on the internet and in real life. They destroy because they can't create, and they use other peoples' work to make themselves feel better (using bought scripts).

Due to the ego-stroking nature of this majority of hackers, commonly named, "Script Kiddies", they hit servers with the highest populated servers. These tend to be US Servers, due to the vast amount of US servers on DayZ. They usually don't target specific crowds (one country over another) or groups unless they are offended by them (certain groups of script kiddies hate everything Reddit, for example).

Just be happy knowing that these losers will never get laid by normal means.

Oh, and Russia does have a large number of hackers, which is probably where Europes larger sized hacking groups come from.

EDIT: 2 months of playing, 3 or 4 hackers encountered total. Stop playing on servers with 48/50 people, as they are the larger targets for hackers, a good 30/40 or 25/50 still gives you plenty of people to play with, and is a smaller target for hackers. Remember, the majority of hackers are trying to get attention, and more people means more potential.

Edited by Zeromentor

Shut the fuck up all of you!!!

Every country does it and If (Big IF) I was gonna hack a server I would do it elsewhere not in my home country.

Grow the fuck up and thank you for pointing out a lot of you are racist, what next KKK clan tryouts?

Hide behind your moronic insults when you grow up you'll realise what dicks your being.

Hacker are stupid, immature and attention seekers (Mommy and daddy never paid much attention) and Unfortunatly part of life,

Go play a game of DayZ, see how easy to forget it is?

Funny how some people seem to run into hackers every day. While others, like me, have never seen a hacker in action. The only thing I've seen was a burning airplane outside cherno. I guess that must've been the work of a hacker, but other than that, nothing.

Oh and I play on EU, mostly swedish or norwegian.

Wow, so many wild assumptions being made and I have to say, I do agree that hacking seems more prevalent in the USA. It would be interesting if rocket could come up with some real statistics on this to put everyones mind at rest. Everyone else has been giving their opinions, so i'll chuck mine in. Generally the USA has a shit load of computers, lots of kids with access to them and parents who work insanely long hours with little holiday time. Effectively this means the parents are happy because their kid is being kept entertained while they earn a living. Hell, I'm sure there are a billion other factors in play, but hacking in American servers seems a lot more prevalent.

I can't answer all the stupidity that's been mentioned in the thread - but people (including cheaters) will use whatever server is damn well fastest for them - so the hackers will most likely be on your continent. All that being said *touch wood* I have never seen a hacker so far in the EU servers I play.

Edited by Maktyr

Shut the fuck up all of you!!!

Every country does it and If (Big IF) I was gonna hack a server I would do it elsewhere not in my home country.

Grow the fuck up and thank you for pointing out a lot of you are racist, what next KKK clan tryouts?

Hide behind your moronic insults when you grow up you'll realise what dicks your being.

Hacker are stupid, immature and attention seekers (Mommy and daddy never paid much attention) and Unfortunatly part of life,

Go play a game of DayZ, see how easy to forget it is?

What a silly little comment.

My experience of hackers, cheaters or whatever you want to call them, is greed. Many hacking sites give away taster hack which whet the pallet of people looking to dominate a game (yes it's a bit sad that people don't want a challenge, they just want to 'own' everybody) they then charge for member hack, VIP hacks - whatever terminology they choose to use.

These hacks are normally paid for. The people creating these services couldn't give two hoots whether the person gets banned by any anti-cheat software as they've already taken the money. The hacker gets an income, creates more hacks and the cycle continues.

If gamers didn't want to cheat then there would be no market for the cheat developers, sadly we're all human and fallible.

Some time ago, a chap who used to contribute to the PunksBusted website, who also happened to be a lawyer, started researching new methods of shutting down cheat writers websites. Hacks contravene virtual property rights and accepting money for them is a federal offence, in the States at least. The problem being is the FBI can't shut down peaodphile sites effectively, so the chance of anyone grabbing the mantle of this problem, of which outside of gaming, no one could give a toss about, is slim to none.

He attempted, the lawyer that is, to get the buy in from the game developers and publishers with their weight and monetary backing. He encountered closed doors every step of the way.

Over the years I 've come to the conclusion that game developers and publishers make the right noises about cheats to make it sound like they care, but in reality have little compunction to do anything about it.

In fact 90% of all hackers are underage script kiddies indeed because they don't get any attention by their parents or generally irl. And I mean thoose hackers who mass teleports, bombs, teleports to players and kills and dc after it. So, there is no real point of sense for a rational thinking adult to hack like this except destroying business to let competitors grow their reputation and interest.

Aren't you being an asshole by saying it's the Russians?

well i guess thats an US tradition. =)

We all know those Americans love a hack/glitch or 2, for some reason they think its cool and funny. Im British and would never join a non european server due to the huge ping, and as of yet Im yet to see any hacking going on in EU servers, but as soon as I do I be gone and into another. Touch wood I dont see any today after ive posted this. Ive got a few good servers now on my favs so shouldnt be an issue hopefully.

I've been following the hacking threads that pop up on the forums and I can honestly say there's 3x the amount of US side hacking threads than there are anything else.

Everyone move to Newfoundland! We don't have any hackers.

I always play on US servers and in all the time I have played I have never encountered a single hacker. Not even a hacked box.

Edited by Quaby

Yes yes, we can all make ignorant, stereotyping comments, generalizing and villainizing a whole age group. Fixed my comment for your post.

Thanks for reading my post so attentively. No irony. Thank you sir for exposing some of my wrong thinking.

Ignorant? Yes, may be. I don't consider myself too educated. I express my opinion based on what I happened to learn someday. Correct me, I'll be grateful.

Sterotypic? Hmmm... About American chidren. Yeah, good point. Was just a guess. May be a lame one. I won't deny. About everything else... See below.

I wasn't generalizing an age group. I spoke of people, who suffer from self-esteem problems and are infantile, childish by nature, not by age. Psychologically a cheater who ruins other's gaming experience online is just childishly sadistic and egoistic. It's personal trait and is a result of bad parental guidance. Such people can grow up to 20 and 30 years old and still remian the same, envy driven, chaotic, morally ill or just ignoring any responsibility in their life. Their motto? "If something can be done - I'll do it! It's a challenge! You must ignore rules and try everything in your life!"

My usual reply to such maximalistic view: "So why don't you eat your own *hit for breakfast? It's a challenge! Why haven't you tried it?!" #YouKnowWhatIMean

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 1

14 year old American kids in Monster hoodies always spring to my mind when I see a hacker.

When I think hacker I think of citys inside my computer along with a bunch of skateboarding punks..... on 28.8k modems ... haha what a great movie...

Don't say it's americans only asshole. I've seen plenty of Russian (The BIGGEST hacking population) using hacks for DayZ.

have to agree with him, most of them are us, atleast those who jump on our EU server, and the most hackers ive seen, is it the flouride? im just wondering.

Lot of people want to express their frustration with hacking, fine. But singling out individuals by playing the race/xenophobia card is not okay.

Closed.

• Like 1