evilsandwich2 (DayZ)

too many hackers. need FF=OFF servers

in the past 30 minutes i've been killed by 2 separate hackers.. I was on day 3 and wanted to stay alive as long as i possibly could..some suggested pve servers... how about we just temporarily get some Friendly Fire = OFF servers?

kids are always gonna "hack", but wouldnt ff=off give us a little breathing room?

That'd ruin the game more then hackers do, nope.avi.

i wouldnt generalize it like that.

i think there are quite a lot of people who like the simple "survive amidst a horde of zombies aspect".

imo it would be a nice twist to have servers with FF off but increased zombie presence

Id be in favour of FF off servers (but not all of them)

Then if i fancy a bit of PvE i can just login and get on with it

Well if there was ff servers, you would have to have separate hives. Can't use a ff character on a non ff server considering how easy it would be to loot stuff.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

On servers like this hackers would just change their approach and lift everyone in the air...you would still die from the fall damage. Happened to me once and I think it's quite a popular trick among the griefers.

just wait until they start spawning in 2000 helicopters on a server just to take the server down. good old arma 1 days...

EDIT: and no, leave it as is. people would exploit this to the end of the game. 1 thing many people should learn about this game is, you either live, or you fucking die.

Edited by thedog

i think it wud ruin the game the whole point is its realism , if someone wants to shoot you its down to there own "humanity" ...

if our sick of gettin killed team up with some ppl might stand a better chance

i wouldnt generalize it like that.

i think there are quite a lot of people who like the simple "survive amidst a horde of zombies aspect".

imo it would be a nice twist to have servers with FF off but increased zombie presence

exactly.

right now, my goal is just trying to stay alive and hopefully make a friend or 2 to group up with.. basically I want cool stuff like choppers, jeeps, etc.. then build a base camp and rescue noobs :D lol I just like zombie movies. this game immediately turns into Call of duty when i get killed by a hacker.. I bought this because it was different than call of duty.. i dont want this to be call of duty...

thing is ...get uber gear on a pve server.. logout.. login to a pvp server .. slaughter.

but guess what.. everyone will do that. it will make the game easier (acquiring gear) and harder (fighting against well-geared players), so whats the problem?

die to a hacker on a pvp server? luckily you can get all your stuff back quickly on a pve server.

the hardcore pve people will never risk pvp - if this is you, then you want ff=off servers

the hardcore pvp people will dominate pvp - if you are not the above, this is you

most people cant even get the game running properly to be hardcore at anything - this could be you now, or in the past - no threat to anyone.

a small percentage of noobs will figure out how to get the game running>get frustrated> create a character> die> get frustrated> hack> get banned from servers>get frustrated>quit and play COD

hackers are a flashing cross over your blood icon. if you do not apply a bandage, this game will bleed to death.

hackers get banned from servers (eventually). The game is rapidly, rapidly growing. new servers come online every day. hackers will never die of hunger..

or a vote-ban option to use on hackers, which includes a server "rollback" to people that voted "YES".. which you know would be exploited by parties and never be in existence in any-game-ever.

oh and there's also the people that only know how to kill unarmed noobs..mad, because the noobs are playing a ff=off server.. to get a gun. no one with a nutsack should be this person. worse than a hacker, at least they're obvious

i think it wud ruin the game the whole point is its realism , if someone wants to shoot you its down to there own "humanity" ...

if our sick of gettin killed team up with some ppl might stand a better chance

that's not realism.

realism would be a real "perma death".. if you die, you can never play the game again-ever. no respawning, done, game over, account locked. you wouldnt see people hunting eachother down and ignoring zombies.. you would see people trying to stay alive as if it was real-life. run away, never be seen, never shoot at another player unless your life is in immediate danger and there's no way to bargain or trade..

not to mention, there is nothing to base this game off of. the real world has never had a world-wide modern-day post apocalyptic zombie invasion pvp-tournament with Cylon technology that allows you to respawn with nothing but your memories and knowledge

1. OP is trying to get PvE servers and is using known hacker issue as a springboard.

2. PvE servers will NOT be a part of this mod.

3. Hackers will still kill you, and your entire post is rendered moot due to this. Friendly Fire measn nothing when they can change teams, spawn God Mode Zombies on you, or drop a Huey on your head. Or just nuke the server or drop you from the sky. They could even just turn everyone into goats. PvE servers will do nothing to stop this. Infact, it would probably herd the majority of hackers into that server just to say, grief you through your weak defenses.

Infact, it would probably herd the majority of hackers into that server just to say, grief you through your weak defenses.

So definitely make a couple of PvE servers then? :D

that's not realism.

realism would be a real "perma death".. if you die, you can never play the game again-ever. no respawning, done, game over, account locked. you wouldnt see people hunting eachother down and ignoring zombies.. you would see people trying to stay alive as if it was real-life. run away, never be seen, never shoot at another player unless your life is in immediate danger and there's no way to bargain or trade..

not to mention, there is nothing to base this game off of. the real world has never had a world-wide modern-day post apocalyptic zombie invasion pvp-tournament with Cylon technology that allows you to respawn with nothing but your memories and knowledge

Try "Simulated Realism"

Taking realism to the extreme, while taking into account that it still remains a playable game. Since you take bathroom breaks in real life, there isn't a reason for forcing people to Pee behind a bush ingame. Since it is a game, and perma-banning people because they died would cause everyone to either not be able to play, or stop playing due to this, you'd lose followers. You'd lose business. You'd look like an idiot.

Your argument is flawed. Try again.

I have never seen a hacker in all the time I have played this game. Honestly, you got killed by a hacker, boo hoo. You are going to die in this game, and you are going to die alot. I just can't take people who want to drastically change the game because of hacking seriously. If you make this happen, it will just turn into a loot farming game and it would be stupid because the happiness of finding a good military weapon would be gone because everyone would have one.

There are alot more important things to work on than hackers, the game needs to be finished first, then they can work on cracking down on hackers.

I have never seen a hacker in all the time I have played this game. Honestly, you got killed by a hacker, boo hoo. You are going to die in this game, and you are going to die alot. I just can't take people who want to drastically change the game because of hacking seriously. If you make this happen, it will just turn into a loot farming game and it would be stupid because the happiness of finding a good military weapon would be gone because everyone would have one.

The issue is everyolne really does have one. If your a 2 week vet. you know the spawn very well and can find basic gear in 30mins by the hour you could be fully geared with high grade ars and enough ammo to spare. Not to mention at 2 hiurs you have a tent and enough backup supplies to last you the day if not more.

Even with FF off there are still plenty of ways to kill you.

This maybe so, but still you would be a lot safer when you just want to explore the world with a group instead of fearing all the time that another group will kill you.

I do not want to shoot another person but I do not want to get killed either. So what now? Should I stop playing this game? I don´t think so.

Being able to host a PVE Server would give a bunch of players what they want. The players who want the kick of PvP anyway will stay on FF On servers. I do not see any problem there.

If you're gonna add friendly fire off, you might aswell allow locked servers. FF=OFF will enable anyone to just run around and loot whatever without a worry in the world. So no.

The irony in this thread is people thinking FF being off will stop hackers from killing them.