theruss0n

CPR and Defibrillation to Revive a Fallen Teammate

I think that adding some resuscitation system into the game would be a great idea, maybe disabling it for obviously mortal wounds like headshots, but other wounds like being shot several times in the foot would need a blood transfusion, CPR, and Defibrillation, i think it would be a nice addition to the game, or maybe not.

• Like 3

Yay! someone likes the idea! i would assume it wouldn't have a 100% revive rate, but still a nice addition!

Our blood exists in our bodies to transport oxygen and other nessecary support to our limbs and organs.

If the blood stops for a mere moment, or extreme losses of blood occur, you're dead and nothing can be done about it.

Without oxygen flowing to your brain, you'd be dead in a minute. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_death)

We already have Epi-Pens that fulfill the real defibrillator-action, not the hollywood one.

Our blood exists in our bodies to transport oxygen and other nessecary support to our limbs and organs.

If the blood stops for a mere moment, or extreme losses of blood occur, you're dead and nothing can be done about it.

Without oxygen flowing to your brain, you'd be dead in a minute. (See: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Brain_death)

We already have Epi-Pens that fulfill the real defibrillator-action, not the hollywood one.

All of the cells in our body besides our brain can last a very long time without oxygen, IE fingers have been re-attached after 6 hours, however the brain cannot last very long without oxygen, three minutes of no circulation and its almost guaranteed brain damage, five or so minutes of no circulation and your probably going to be brain dead.

Epinephrine is used in people with no heart activity, while a defibrillator is used to stop fibrillation in the heart and hopefully restore it back to a normal beating pattern

If you are severely hypovolemic then your best bet to be brought back to life (assuming your heart has stopped) is blood tranfusions, CPR, and defibrillation. So i think it would kinda work out

Edited by theruss0n

Without oxygen flowing to your brain, you'd be dead in a minute. (See: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Brain_death)

The "blood value" in this game doesn't represent actual blood in your body...how would you magically lose blood by getting hit by a zombie if you don't even get a bleeding wound?

The idea could work for very non-lethal damage, and I mean going at max to -1000 blood. Then again I'm not really in favor of the idea, if it isn't executed properly it might just mean that people in groups are extremely hard to kill permanently.

All of the cells in our body besides our brain can last a very long time without oxygen, IE fingers have been re-attached after 6 hours, however the brain cannot last very long without oxygen, three minutes of no circulation and its almost guaranteed brain damage, five or so minutes of no circulation and your probably going to be brain dead.

Epinephrine is used in people with no heart activity, while a defibrillator is used to stop fibrillation in the heart and hopefully restore it back to a normal beating pattern

If you are severely hypovolemic then your best bet to be brought back to life (assuming your heart has stopped) is blood tranfusions, CPR, and defibrillation. So i think it would kinda work out

Alright, I want you to take a really deep breath.

Done it?

It's easy for a while, but soon it will become hard for you to keep that air in, due to the loss of oxygen in it.

Alright, breathe out.

Now, breathe out as much as you can, until there's no tomorrow.

Done that?

Now, as you might be able to understand, it is much harder for you to be without fresh air the same amount of time as when you actually had oxygen in your lunges.

This is what happens when you loose enough blood.

There is no oxygen in your brain, at all.

If it were to be added it would probably have to be executed in a way so it takes some time to revive someone, so its not just like BF3 reviving, shock and BAM your back to life, so that way you can't revive your friend in the middle of combat. a sniper with a good view of you would kill you and your group, while if the sniper had a bad view you could drag your partner behind a wall and revive him

There is no oxygen in your brain, at all.

Incorrect, there is almost always oxygen in your blood, sitting around you should be at 100% Oxygen Saturation, people in cardiac arrest who are getting CPR have oxygen saturation of around 80%, they still have oxygen in their blood, but their heart and lungs have stopped functioning so they need some outside assistance to keep them alive, also the breathing in heavy and out heavy would knock me out and my brain would take over breathing

Edited by theruss0n

I hate referring to battlefield, but there you have limited time for a "revive".

In dayz lets make that limited time around 1 minute? You got 1 minute to return ur fallen buddy to an unconcious state with 200 blood. after wich you can drag him to safety and/or give him blood and maybe an epi-pen.

It sounds realistic to me, afterall its what they do in hospitals no? (the defib+ giving blood part, not the dragging to safety part)

That sounds like a good idea, a revival after 3 minutes seems rather stupid to do. One minute would be like you are working against the clock to kill whom ever is shooting at you AND revive your fallen friend.

Cell death in the brain occurs after 4-6 minutes without oxygen

Lungs, liver, etc. 45-60 minutes

Muscletissue bones etc. 4-6 hours.

Incorrect, there is almost always oxygen in your blood, sitting around you should be at 100% Oxygen Saturation, people in cardiac arrest who are getting CPR have oxygen saturation of around 80%, they still have oxygen in their blood, but their heart and lungs have stopped functioning so they need some outside assistance to keep them alive, also the breathing in heavy and out heavy would knock me out and my brain would take over breathing

"almost always oxygen in your blood" - Yaay.

If you remove the blood, doesn't the oxygen kinda.. follow the blood, you know; leave the body?

That's what we're discussing.

Edited by Tiaitchsi
  • Like 1

I like the fact that forcing air inhaling slash electroshocking a corpse REGENERATES BLOOD.

Get this. You're dead in DayZ, right? 12000 blood is what you start with. If you get shot, you start bleeding out, same goes when you're being bit by a zombie. What happens when you have 0 blood? You're dead. No blood left for you to live. No oxygen in your blood.

Now please explain to me, how the hell do you perform cpr/aed revival on someone that has NO BLOOD? This isn't battlefield, this isn't CoD. You don't revive someone that has been shot in the head with a defib pad. Your suggestion would basically grant everyone that plays with their little butt buddies invincibility. Never die, never lose your stuff. That idea would make the game even more unrealistic than it already is, and what we're actually aiming for is REALISM here. We still need to make fixing broken bones more realistic, etc. You already have epipens in the game, and that's all you need, no stupid aeds or things like that.

tl;dr not gonna work

• Like 1

I like the fact that forcing air inhaling slash electroshocking a corpse REGENERATES BLOOD.

Get this. You're dead in DayZ, right? 12000 blood is what you start with. If you get shot, you start bleeding out, same goes when you're being bit by a zombie. What happens when you have 0 blood? You're dead. No blood left for you to live. No oxygen in your blood.

Now please explain to me, how the hell do you perform cpr/aed revival on someone that has NO BLOOD? This isn't battlefield, this isn't CoD. You don't revive someone that has been shot in the head with a defib pad. Your suggestion would basically grant everyone that plays with their little butt buddies invincibility. Never die, never lose your stuff. That idea would make the game even more unrealistic than it already is, and what we're actually aiming for is REALISM here. We still need to make fixing broken bones more realistic, etc. You already have epipens in the game, and that's all you need, no stupid aeds or things like that.

tl;dr not gonna work

This is what I attempted to point out.

Beans for you.

• Like 1

"almost always oxygen in your blood" - Yaay.

If you remove the blood, doesn't the oxygen kinda.. follow the blood, you know; leave the body?

That's what we're discussing.

I've always assumed that because after your killed your body still squirts blood, so you still have blood in your body, just not enough to live, that would make this plausible

I've always assumed that because after your killed your body still squirts blood, so you still have blood in your body, just not enough to live, that would make this plausible

So even though the game says you have 0 blood, you see a 3d animation in game and assume that you still have blood after you die? Smart.

by the way i like how you're double posting lol

Edited by Vekiorus

Make it the easy way, when a teammate is reanimated in the first 2 minutes he only has headache which is removable by using painkillers.

When a teammates is reanimated behind 2 minutes till 6 minutes he has a permanent braindamage so he has permanend headache and other effects like lowsound shaking etc.

if you reanimate a teammate after more than 6 minutes he will be a braindead zombie.

How about this idea, and btw its easier to implement ingame than the other ideas.

Dome-Nukem

So even though the game says you have 0 blood, you see a 3d animation in game and assume that you still have blood after you die? Smart.

No offense, but if u wanna be full of little details like that then explain to me why 0 blood= no blood, yet 20 (thats 0.16% blood left in body) blood still allows you to run around like a happy mofo

Afaik people got 6L blood, drop down to 4L and ur pretty much dead.

But sure since u people wanna be so nitpicky about the system, and i like this idea which promotes teamplay, i suggest change the system:

-Start at 20K blood

-Drop down to below 10K= start passing out (like the 3K barrier now)

-Drop down to below 8K= u "die", however, if someone defibs you, you go back to unconcious for 2 mins, if not above 8K after those 2 mins=> 0 blood= permadead. If you did get healed: turn back to normal after those 2 mins unconcious.

-Drop down to 0 blood, permadead ( as a result of a headshot/peopel shooting you after u were "dead"(the blow 8K one)/not getting defib'd+ healed)

Don't forget that this solution also takes care of unrecovverable wounds like headshots or getting shot by .50BMG, because they do way more than 20K dmg

Edited by AluCaRdBe
  • Like 1

Thanks for helping me AluCaRdBe! i really don't think having 0.16% blood would allow you to run around happy as a mofo as you said, and i do quite like the system you gave, but i feel the blood for death should be somewhat lower, because maybe at around 6k? because thats about where your heart would stop in real life (% wise)

-snip-

As i said, there's many more improvements that need to be implemented to make DayZ more realistic than it already is. You can't "run around" like a happy mofo as you said, as you will pass out and you can't see jack, so your argument is invalid. Even with your system, i just have to take one extra shot with my gun and then boom.

You can still run around, maybe passing out a lot, but still running around. Assuming a zombie doesn't come and nom your face off

I like how you all instead of discussing the benefits and disadvantages of implementing a "revive" feature, you all get into details about oxygen, blood loss, etc like this is a medical simulator.

It's a game and stop trying to interpetate the character's blood stats, etc, like they mean anything or have any realism significance.

• Like 1