theruss0n

CPR and Defibrillation to Revive a Fallen Teammate

I understand what you mean, i didn't want to turn the thread into an argument about the logistics of it, i wanted some input on if it should be a good or a bad idea, sadly people like vek try to derail the thread.

As i said, there's many more improvements that need to be implemented to make DayZ more realistic than it already is. You can't "run around" like a happy mofo as you said, as you will pass out and you can't see jack, so your argument is invalid. Even with your system, i just have to take one extra shot with my gun and then boom.

0.16% of your blood left, ur past the point of vision impairment and the ocassional passing out, i'm not a doctor, but i'm pretty sure of this. So my point stands (which was: don't go looking for realism in the blood count if its allready unrealistic)

i'm a 84Kg/1m86 man and i can only donate 500 grammes of blood (lets say that's 0.5 liters), i'm pretty sure the dimensions of a grown man imply that u have above average amount of blood lets say 6.5 liters, 6.5-0.5 liters= 6 liters.

I can promise you that after donating blood i feel like utter shit and i have a realistic chance of passing out if i stand up without getting some food/drinks with sugar first.

So my assumption of < 4 liters of blood = dead is probably even optimistic.

All i'm saying is... if you say 0 blood= "DEAD COZ U HAVENT GOT A SINGLE DROP LEFT SO CANT REVIVE" then to me 20 blood is exactly the same thing. Hell, even 8K blood should be "unrevivable" then.

But.... it's a game, and there shouldn't be too much thinky thinky and more shooty shoot. So thats why i think my "system" would work, and, like theruss0n suggested, maybe with alternate values.

For the underlined part : Exactly! but thats how it is in real life right? A guy who allready needs defibs and bloodbags to pull trough probably won't benefit from another hole in his body.

thats the thing about my "system".

1) It promotes teamplay and real-life squad scenarios

2) Lone wolves and/or squads who can't real their teamie ( think vin diesel in saving pvt ryan) will still die from the same amount of damage

3) The team performing the rescue still takes a HUGE amount of risk saving their buddy, so you need to weigh the positives from the negatives.

4)The player who is at the < 8K mark will either die as usual or be out for at least 2 minutes anyway.

I think that adding some resuscitation system into the game would be a great idea, maybe disabling it for obviously mortal wounds like headshots, but other wounds like being shot several times in the foot would need a blood transfusion, CPR, and Defibrillation, i think it would be a nice addition to the game, or maybe not.

This reminds me of BF far too much. There would not be much thrill in that.

Teammate: "Hey I heard someone shoot"

you: "shit" - <prone> (you heartbeat in real life should have risen by now)

teammate: "I am down"

you: "fuck" (shitting your pants)

This is an everyday situation in DayZ and actually creates tension, so why removing it by adding some gadget made popular in BF and alike games? I mean, come on, you are getting hit by several bullets, in a cruel world as in Chernarus, this should mean your death. Just imagine some big ass sniper camping somewhere shooting at you. Finally you managed to find and shoot him, but seconds later, you are dead, shot by the same big ass sniper who was revived by some teammate.

PLEASE DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS FEATURE!!! Or if you do, please be reasonable enough to have the player who has been revived generate for at least a couple of hours or better days, but only if they are acompanied by other teammates (maybe with some sort of stretcher or with help of a vehicle)

I never intended on the feature to be instant, so that way you can't just revive your team mate instantly, it wouldn't be like BF's defib

All realism asside, this cannot be done. The mechanics currently in play for dying mean that you cannot be respawned unless you leave and re join the server (i sure hope they fix that soon, i want a much, much faster respawn) and it would be far too much effort for them to allow you to be revived. it would be nice, but it wont happen

All realism asside, this cannot be done. The mechanics currently in play for dying mean that you cannot be respawned unless you leave and re join the server (i sure hope they fix that soon, i want a much, much faster respawn) and it would be far too much effort for them to allow you to be revived. it would be nice, but it wont happen

Stay positive bro!

These guys have some good ideas running on this thread :)