Sign in to follow this  
bahhh

HONESTLY, does everyone kos?

maybe i've been lucky, maybe not.

But i've always wondered why people say everyone is kos bringing chaos.

Honestly most survivors were friendly.

I had a mic and i've always relaxed the other survivor that imfriendly.

I've even persuaded a person shooting at me not to.

I would say 60%of players were friendly.

This is based on us servers in the coastal cities such as cherno and elek.

I agree that inland is a much different story but i can definitely say that coast isn't that heliish place.

What's your honest experience about the kos?

• Like 1

They dont shoot you, because they dont have a weapon yet. Give them a hatchet and they run at you like a mad man.

exactly, in town, you can find many 'friendly' players, who wont shoot you for as long as 1) they dont have weapon 2) they have better equipment than you 3) see that you dont have a weapon, therefore you are no threat to them...

Confirmed. It's a matter of luck I guess, but I was hacked to death once in a shop and shot once in the barrack on the airfield (why the hell did I go there). That's TWO times for almost three months of playing DayZ. In all other cases I either ran away silently if felt danger, or made good friends with strangers. You say lucky... hmmm. I don't KoS, and may be it's karma, not luck. ;) Think about it.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

my experience with the KOS players, has been oddly more 90/10 in favor of KOS players. now that is based on players, I've interacted with and not those whom could have killed me but didn't and I never knew they were there.

Mostly i had weapons atleast ak class.

I deliberately ran around looking for survivors and that is the result i came up with. I saw a lot of winc,leeroys, even a ghillie group but they were mostly friendly. Maybe because i was always the first to find them and announce that im friendly.

PS:Groups are mostly heartless killers. Avoid them if they werent using direct chat.

Edited by bahhh

They dont shoot you, because they dont have a weapon yet. Give them a hatchet and they run at you like a mad man.

You don't know horror until you're stuck in a one way hallway with a man running at you wielding a hatchet.

• Like 1

Unarmed or just passing by and don't notice you; leave them alone.

They act in any way interested in you, they're armed, and/or you need food/water badly; free game. When you raise your gun, they raise their gun... the fact that everyone shoots eachother really perpetuates the cycle.

You don't know horror until you're stuck in a one way hallway with a man running at you wielding a hatchet.

And yelling in russian gibberish.
  • Like 2

of all the players i encountered only 2 didn't shoot on sight and that was a few weeks a go it seems that only thing players can do to survive is kill on sight as well. You have to kill on sight now or else someone is going to kill you on sight

Depends on my situation. If I just spawned and I'm in need of better gear, hell, I'll shoot you if I see you carrying a better gun and an alice pack. When I'm fully geared, it's different. I spend my time mostly in north so it's basically a habit there to shoot everyone you see.

And yelling in russian gibberish.

"до свидания!" - Runs at you with hatchet.

"That means goodbye!" - Shoots him.

-MONSTER

Edited by M O N S T E R
  • Like 1

It's a mixed bag for me. It really just depends on luck, sometimes I come across survivors who end up being friendly even when armed. Other times I log on to a server and it's like everyone is out to get everyone who so much as twitches. Both scenarios are a lot of fun, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, a guy who snuck up on me the other night didn't KoS me.. he tried to catch his breath first before shooting.. from 5 feet away. I turned around, saw him, he panic fired. He missed, I tagged him in the head. When I started, I would leave people alone unless they came after me, or knew I was there and out numbered and were obviously trying to flank me. By the time I started playing, everyone was already trying to be a bandit.. or, a sociopath.... I have yet to run into a friendly player. that wasn't in my friends vent channel.. I don't even trust some of them.....

im always shooting on sight now, because every time i trust people it backfires. so im going to make sure im never in danger if i can help it.

hahahahaha the hatchet kicks ass :D

fun as all hell