Sign in to follow this  
CD1337

The glitches of Dayz

i was sitting at the NWA with a friend and suddenly my character fell backwards out of the firehouse and broken his legs and now has 3.5k blood, had 10k before but i went unconcious. This pisses me off because my character is 6 days old and i cant do anything because i ran out of blood bags.....I understand its in beta but seriously...Come on...

I understand its in beta

I was going to give a serious reply, until I read that..

It's alpha. Bugs are expected and they'll be fixed eventually.

Edited by TheFired3mon

You're lucky to be alive. Yesterday i logged into a server. The first thing i see is my character hitting the ground... Dead. I had 12000 Blood and no zombie spawn or player were even near me. My friend logged in too and had no such problems. So i lost a lot of gear and my beloved DMR with a shitload of mags -_-

But it's alpha and you shouldn't get attached to your gear. In 2 Hours I got a pretty decent gear again and even found a SVD Cammo. Anyone knows where you get ammo for that thing? never seen mags for it.

Edited by Yusho
  • Like 1

Yes, in every single game there are bugs, there will always be bugs, Always. And yes at times they are annoying.

You're lucky to be alive. Yesterday i logged into a server. The first thing i see is my character hitting the ground... Dead. I had 12000 Blood and no zombie spawn or player were even near me. My friend logged in too and had no such problems. So i lost a lot of gear and my beloved DMR with a shitload of mags -_-

But it's alpha and you shouldn't get attached to your gear. In 2 Hours I got a pretty decent gear again and even found a SVD Cammo. Anyone knows where you get ammo for that thing? never seen mags for it.

I found 2 at Berenzio i think, but i didn't need them so i left them

• Like 1

Beta

Beta

Beta

... nope

You should try playing Russian roulette with large gates and see how many times u can open it while standing in the its path without it crushing the shit out of it you.

My best is 14

Had the same experience with the NW Airfield fire station. I was prone on the top floor and next thing I know it teleports me outside of the tower where I fell to my immediate death. Lost all of my juicy gear. I got crushed in a door once while trying to leave a small wooden cottage.

Then there was the time I put on some camo clothes and it deleted all my items. I've been teleported out of multiple buildings, sometimes dying because of it. I logged in today and was teleported from a field near Stary back to the coast. At least I still had all my gear though :P

I should also include all of the times zombies have hit me through walls and walked through walls. I've deleted much of my gear in the past by accidentally putting it in my bag when I don't have enough room. I've also randomly broken my legs from walking over some objects.

DayZ is easily one of the most fun, immersive games I have ever played in my life. I love this game and I will continue to play, alpha or not. However, this game is extremely glitchy and I fear for my life all the time. You never know when the game will decide to fuck you over, it happens to the best of is. Maybe one day I will play without being constantly paranoid.

Getting attacked/followed by a zombies and going into apartment buildings can be dangerous. If you walk up and stand at the top of the first set of stairs it sometimes bugs and you get attack by what seems like invisible zombies (even when you can see them still outside or just walking in the door).

I've been knocked unconscious instantly at least twice in this situation, you can even hear the punches. It's kinda weird and inconsistant. Best way to avoid it is just go up to the second/third floor.

To me "Alpha" (in its normal use) means internal testing, beta is public testing. So to call a game that thousands of people play alpha is still a bit beyond my comprehension. Maybe they refer to it as Alpha to indicate the amount of things to change and account for the glitches. You might also call it Alpha, if a lot of content (e.g. player model, map, etc.are going to be replaced).

Yet, there is nothing wrong with people who call this a beta, since it's publicly tested and played.

To me "Alpha" (in its normal use) means internal testing, beta is public testing. So to call a game that thousands of people play alpha is still a bit beyond my comprehension. Maybe they refer to it as Alpha to indicate the amount of things to change and account for the glitches. You might also call it Alpha, if a lot of content (e.g. player model, map, etc.are going to be replaced).

Yet, there is nothing wrong with people who call this a beta, since it's publicly tested and played.

What you mean is a closed alpha or closed beta phase.

Alpha just indicates the status of developement, and alpha means quite early.

Minecraft had a lot of players too in its alpha.

@all:

But it's sensless to dick around about the mistake of calling it beta.

back to topic?

Edited by Yusho