Ruthl3ss86

Framerate issues

Au revoir' date=' it was fine while it lasted.

[/quote']

One alpha build which introduces some problems, and you're gone?

Au revoir' date=' it was fine while it lasted.

[/quote']

Why gone? "Au revoir" means see you again...

I suggest reading in bug reports section:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5010

more people are reporting it, and see page 4:

Will look at a hotfix for tomorrow.

Pretty sure you're wrong here. There are plenty of people with far worse video cards than you or I who are getting perfectly fine FPS. Something else is the culprit.

No. It says in the patch release notes:

"* [FIXED] Fog is way too thick"

I assume this means visibility distance' date=' because there is no other way to make fog in this engine that I know of. You'll also notice that you can see way farther now. The people with low-end video cards who are getting "perfectly fine" FPS were probably at the edge of the map looking at the sea where FPS is always high (I was able to get 125+ there with vsync off). Try the congested Chernogorsk center and the difference will be massive.

Read please:

I'm done with DayZ UNLESS they fix this.

Why gone? "Au revoir" means see you again...

Actually I did not know that :D.

But yes, I fully intend to return once this is sorted.

Same here.

Core 2 quad q6600

ati 5870

seven 8 go Ram

It worked fine yesterday before the update.

Thank you for this game.. it s a bliss.

Mike

Time to share my experience with this one.

First post so obligatory " omfg this mod is awesome even in alpha form "

Held a steady Fps around 40-50 since joining the alpha a few weeks back.

after last nights first patch and hotfix all was as before. Infact the game felt smoother overall despite the same FPS readings (fraps) gotta love that turbo climb up the ladders !.

logged in this morning and continued where I left and got a couple of hours of good gaming in.

After finally getting snipered in the face i respawned and my Fps had plummeted to 10-15 fps, regardless of where on the map I was.

figured it was my pc having a mew so restarted, same story, shitty fps.

hit these forums and read thru this thread, saw mention of someone saying it's an Arma thing releated to server performance, I'l be honest, I rubished it and tried everything else. drivers update kiling other running progs etc. problem persisted so I decided to try some other servers as a last resort...

dude was right (sorry who ever posted it should have quoted you properly)

after a couple of other servers also gave the same low fps gameplay

I landed on a chicago server which resulted in a whopping steady 50-60 Fps

I have experiemented a little and can confirm some servers I get 10 fps others I get 50 upwards, I can see no obvious reasoning as to why some work and others don't , all had similar ping etc.

can only conclude it's a problem with the hotfix or patch server side.

give it a go. go hit up some random servers untill either Rocket fixes it or you find one that isn't borked.

(snip: on the servers I had low Fps no one else in game had the same issue, if that is relevant)

Hi, love your game but I'm having major frame rate issues after the patch yesterday!!!

I am having the same issue. Extremely low framerate even at low settings since the latest patch. Previously I was able to run Day Z at very high settings without framerate issues.

well I was on NY8 and was lagging like hell. FPS to 1-2 ... Admin rebooted server. Solved.

But I asume it was because items simply dont despawn maybe ... as I logged out of server before and came back after 30 minutes the same loot was still there ... and the city was empty of players ...

\O

yup, I'm having the same issue now. Previously 40ish fps using 1.5.8.2, then fps dropped around 75% on FL1 server. Ping was fine, around 30ms. Switched server, same deal.

I used PlayClaw3 to monitor fps, and it reported constant 99% GPU use - way above my normal for ARMA 2, which is usually fluctuates between 40 -90%.

--edit reposted to the bug report forum

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5010

i5 2500k 8gig ram gtx 580 running good at very high mixed in with high nothing noticeable. I am now getting a constant 20-24 fps.

My guess is that maybe the Fog getting lessened has caused some people to receive a lower FPS

i5 2500k 8gig ram gtx 580 running good at very high mixed in with high nothing noticeable. I am now getting a constant 20-24 fps.

I have the same setup and I get a slight drop not really visible but I can still see it.

I also cannot eat and drink, when i have food and water in my inventory D:

Actually, i cannot see my gun, i have massive fps drop and cannot do anything apart from switch weapons

I'm experiencing massive FPS drop's too. My FPS won't rise above 10, It's like a slideshow when I try to play, so the game is pretty much unplayable as it is for me.

Started noticing this today.. I noticed my FPS had dropped from 50ish to 30 but I didn't notice much on the game so I just kept playing.. Then I noticed my FPS was getting worse and worse, dropping to 20. I logged on EU4 and my FPS was around 25 all the time. I blamed the rain but even when rain stopped my FPS suddenly went down to 19 and wouldn't go much higher than that.

No idea what's causing this but it took a while of playing. Got Radeon 6850 power edition, 2500k i5 and 8gb kingston hyper X.

Yeah the FPS in this game sucks, before the patch it was a bit better but still horrid. I am now up to the point I'm just gonna stick my middlefinger up and say fuck this piece of fucktard engine. Thanks for having me waste 25 euro on this crap. Great concept but I won't be back.

Rocket - leave BI and join a company that knows how to build a fucking engine, because you have a great idea here, but I'm losing all hope that this turd will run any better in the future.