Sign in to follow this  
Kaffarov37

What do youy do if you see a player

In stary,cherno,electro or any of the airfields I will open fire if they spot me. But most of the time I just ignore them. I have no intention to kill people and certainly not to team up with people to get shot in the back afterwards.

If i'm with my friends though whe open fire. unless he has no weapon.

I try to approach the person, keeping distance until identified as friend or foe. If friendly I'll gladly try to work with the person to reach a goal, even if it means I get nothing at that moment. I know karma will come back around one time or another so I don't mind trying to help others as I've been helped.

Actually bandit skins were removed because it isn't realistic to be able to identify a complete stranger as friend/foe when you know absolutely nothing about them.

Seems to me it's not realistic for a person to bounce across several hundred servers with a million other players on them. Seems like its also not realistic that most of the population of this territory pops into being out of the sea and then are dead within an hour or two. But it's a game, so things work like that. The point is it's not like it's feasible for people to develop reputations in any organic fashion because it's a game that has game mechanics to facilitate vast numbers of people playing over the same territory. Most players you encounter in a given session, you will probably never encounter again. Adding a reputation system is not about tacking on something that doesn't exist in real life -- it's trying to replace something that DOES exist in real life but is otherwise prevented from existing in the game due to the mechanics of the game.

• Like 1

I don't like killing for no reason.. but I was in Prig, in the barn looting some supplies and I heard zombies sprinting. Since I wasn't moving and crouching at the top level, I figured something had to be up. I looked down and a survivor came bolting in, and luckily he ran up the opposite ladders to the top. I'm not sure why he didn't turn after climbing the first level to shoot the chasers, but he went all the way up and was looking in a pile of loot. I had a moment, with his head in my crosshairs, where I thought about calling out on my mic. Then I saw his lee enfield and an alice pack. If I called out and protected him, he could just turn and shoot me. Since those guns are one shot kills, I couldn't take that risk. So I shot him, killed him and then killed the remaining zombies that he brought in. I took his gun, his pack, ammo and food, and stashed it back in my tent. I didn't want to do it, but I did it. I still feel bad about it, because he could have been friendly, but this game forces you to play out of my comfort zone if I wish to survive a bit longer. So, I did what I had to.

I will approach them.

I currently have only had game for 2 days but only died once and now I camp out as a lone survivor in electro and having approached 20 people, I have only been shot once saying I won't shoot to someone who sees me and even then he didn't manage to kill me and I took his head off with my revolvers.

I really wanted to shoot this one guy. He ended up disappearing after a few seconds.

To be honest, I don't have any fixed plan. Depending on where I am, who I am with and what impression I have of the other player I'll either shoot immediately or try to make contact from cover. Sometimes I get shot at, sometimes I die, sometimes players just walk past without ever noticing me watching them.

In the beginnings of the mod, when unexpectedly encountering other players in the wild In general I used to get lots of "Deer looking in headlights" situations where no one makes a move and both decide to part ways, now unfortunately this awkward situation with the tingly feeling is gone and its either shoot or be shot.

Its too bad there is no better way to communicate or show your intentions than through the somewhat unreliable and limited directional voice chat.

For me it's like this.

Unarmed - Unarmed: Try to befriend, and team up, then get a hatchet ASAP and axe him 10+ times.

Armed - Unarmed: Either try to take hostage, if that doesn't work, break his leg and let him bleed to death. Or, drop a gun for him, as soon as he equips, shoot him while yelling HOSTILE!

Unarmed - Armed: Try to say friendly, steal something from his bag, shoot him.

Armed - Armed: Run at saying "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY!" While shooting at him, unless I am sniping obviously.

For me it's like this.

Unarmed - Unarmed: Try to befriend, and team up, then get a hatchet ASAP and axe him 10+ times.

Armed - Unarmed: Either try to take hostage, if that doesn't work, break his leg and let him bleed to death. Or, drop a gun for him, as soon as he equips, shoot him while yelling HOSTILE!

Unarmed - Armed: Try to say friendly, steal something from his bag, shoot him.

Armed - Armed: Run at saying "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY!" While shooting at him, unless I am sniping obviously.

And you are a major problem for this game, you do realize that correct? No, of course not.

Avoid others 99% of the time.

If I haven't heard many shots, seen player death notices and stumble across someone I usually lower my weapon and say hi.

Yesterday I even gave two unarmed players my primary weapon as a bit of an experiment. One called me an idiot for trusting him but didn't shoot and the other just ran away.

Generally, if I get PK'd its thanks to snipers.

• Like 1

a lot of things to do, so few seconds..just observe and adapt to the situation trying to not kill like an animal.

Last night i was playing with a new found friend on a Russian server (was the only servers with daylight at the time lol). Spawned in Cherno and made my way west to the airfield (donno the name of it) and hid in the hangers until my buddy arrived. Killed like 6 zombies and hid while 2 different people at separate times were running and gunning around the base. Eventually caught up with my buddy at the same airfield and made out way to a tree line to make a break for the woods across the field. Right when we were about to book, i saw 1 guy come down the hill and raise his rifle (there were 3 zombies in the field too) and then a saw a buddy of his run down in front of him and raise the same kind of rifle, all of a sudden BANG BANG and i booked, never heard any shots fly past me or my friend and neither one of us was hit but i booked back to the hanger so fast xD. I was so scared, before we could do anything and figure out what to do next me and him were disconnected and im assuming others as well.

Sadly, 5 hours later when we reached Stary and the military tents, after a good few minutes of BSing around and finding an ak 74 something, some guy in the treeline opened up on us striking me twice but i managed to run away while getting shot a few more times... It then began to get really laggy, holed up in a barn, accidentally used all my bandages because it wasn't working when i clicked on it, and found out he had broke my legs when he shot at me (yet i managed to run all the way to a barn?). Well he got my buddy soon after and when i crawled out of my hidey hole to see if i could get him with my ak he must have relocated because he unloaded on me from a place where he wouldn't have been able to get me from his original position.

Great night though, my god. had a shit ton of fun :D

Oh and if anyone is wondering what i'm doing running around in the open, there were like 30 players in the server but the only place we ever heard gunshots were in Elektro and Cherno, and somewhere north once or twice so we thought everyone was down south as there was always somebody dying like every 2-5 minutes. Not to mention the ridiculous aggro i was getting even when laying down so 99% of the time i was just crouch sprinting and saying f it all lol. Still a great night though.

So yesterday I had an interesting experience with another player when I wasn't paying attention...

I was in Stary, up on the cat walks inside the huge red industrial building overlooking the military tents. I was waiting for a friend who mistakenly fell off the catwalk (from being prone and moving the wrong way). While I was just sitting up there out of site, I was chatting to my friends in Steam voice chat, so I didn't hear this other lone player climb up the catwalk. So all of a sudden I hear a set of footsteps near me. I immediately perked up and saw that the guy hadn't yet seen me. My instinct initially said "Shoot him, he has a rifle!" But instead, I decided to test my luck and I announced myself... I said, "Hey, I can see you, I'm friendly, I'm not going to shoot you!"

To my surprise, he responded in kind. He said he was actually completely surprised that I didn't just shoot him right off the bat, as that is all it seems anyone else does. So we sat there for a few minutes chatting (this may have been a bad idea, though, and Ill get to why). After sitting there for a moment, he started walking around and checking out the surrounding area from our vantage point... when all of a sudden my character got frozen; which made me have to abort out and reconnect. When I reconnected, I explained what happened as I made my way towards him... as he wanted to know if I saw anything.

This is where things got ugly, and quick! The moment I stepped out into a slightly open area where there wasn't sheetmetal blocking me from view... BAM! Dead! I couldn't tell if he had just fired upon me and killed me (which I don't THINK is what happened, because he had a loud Lee Enfield on him, and I didn't hear it go off)... OR, if someone else was in the area and possibly heard us chit chatting and waited to get a good sniping shot on us! Needless to say, that was the end of that situation... and I never saw the guy again!

What I learned from this experience...

1. NEVER be too vocal in possibly heavily traveled areas, as who knows who is listening!

2. Don't test your luck with announcing you're friendly if the other person is heavily armed., I got lucky that an all of firefight didn't ensue right then and there, when I could have just secured my safety by taking him out!

HOWEVER... the grand part about dying, though, was that when my buddy and I finally met back up again... we found a boat that we used to head up the coast... then later we found a bus that we used to travel all over the map, until my buddy got taken out while he was driving it! Haha... I had already logged off, and he want to go park it somewhere safe... that didn't work out to our advantage! LOL

Lessons learned!

Edited by Chameleon

What I have been doing is going prone when I see someone coming my way or inside a building I want to go inside. I tell them that I'm a friendly and that I dont want trouble.

But on 3 out of the 4 occasions where I have done this I have been shot as soon as my back was turned.

If he's unarmed I'm willing to help/team up. I would NEVER give a gun to a stranger. If he's armed or that I can see he got good loot, I kill. I have been helping many people, but I never trust anyone.

I made a mistake only once to trust somebody yelling into mic that he is friendly. After 2 minutes of walking around he shot me in the head.

I've been shot on so many times without weapons on me, that i decided to stick with: shoot first, ask later routine..

Its been working fine till now, I just got sniped while taking some meds from hospital. Didnt see it from where it came..

I was rolling with my decked out group, 7 of us, all ghillies, l85s, mks, as50s, gps, nvgs, etc.. in a bus and we came across someone on the coast bleeding out. We stopped the bus, one of us bandaged him another blood bagged him. He then said 'Thanks' and got on our bus without even asking lol. We then drive to some barn west of Solnichniy and we drop him off. He says thanks again.

End of story.

My first and only act of kindness so far of playing DayZ for a month. Every other player I just shot cause they would of shot me if I didn't take them out..

Avoid or kill, currently in the game those are your best bets as most people shoot on sight anyways. Good luck.

I am friendly. I always ask if you are the same.

If I receive no reply, I will carefully come closer, out of weapon range, and wiggle. If no move is made against me, I assume I was out of Comm. range and move a bit closer and try again, lowering my weapon. If the weapon is pointed at me, I back away and leave.

Last time I played, I found two guys who were friendly, but couldn't hear me until I was very close. They had really good gear, but they hadn't played for ages and were dying of hunger. I ran to town and got them some beans. When I got back, a third player was killing Zeds with a gun. I thought he was with them, since they weren't panicking, and called out that I'd got them the beans. I joined them, and was about to transfer the beans when the new guy opened fire. I ducked behind a woodshed and watched as my new friends were ruthlessly mowed down. The guy didn't even loot them - just killed them and moved on to the airfield. I guess he didn't see me, because I have no doubt he would have hunted me down.

Sad, I looted my poor, dead friends and moved on. Their gear kept me going for a very long time, until a bandit in a ghillie took me down in the woods north of Electro.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Brian and that other guy.