skurcey

stuck at "waiting for server response"

I'm surprised that no one has come to this thread to explain.

I am just a player, but I have gathered this from the forums, articles and chatter on the servers. The issue with waiting for server response is because the characters are coordinated on a central server. When you decide to connect to, say, Dallas 3, then Dallas 3 needs to get your information from the central database server.

In this article: http://games.on.net/article/15603/I_didnt_want_any_sense_of_balance_at_all._I_wanted_it_to_be_an_anti-game_Dean_Rocket_Hall_on_Day_Z_Part_1

The dev who made the mod (it's an interesting article, well worth reading), points out that he expected maybe 150 players on 3 servers. They had, at the time of the writing, 4,000 players and 90 servers. Imagine how that would be. Im certain that it's gone up since then. I know that I bought this game last Friday, and my fianceé on saturday. Then by our recommends, two friends this week.

The game is on fire. We all need to remember that it is free, and being worked on for free.. Yes, some of us did pay for arma just to play this, but that's not rocket's fault.

It can be frustrating. We keep trying to play it and having to deal with this. Night before last, we spent two hours finding a server. Could both play on. After finally getting in, a bandit shot my fianceé at spawn. She was frustrated. We were very new to the game on the weekend and couldn't even find each other. We've since learned how to find one another on the map, but it can be a challenge.

Last night, it was the dark. We got close to Pavlovo. A zombie spotted her and we shot it. I immediately said to run away from the village,mbecause I knew what was coming. It was a great, tense moment. But we got lost. Now, we are .... Somewhere... Called Wilderness...

To me, these are parts of the game... But yeah, the server response... Hopefully they can come up with a solution. I counsel patience and not demanding.

L

same, unable to join today . Waiting for server response.

strange thing is i can join servers on the previous version ^^

I'm getting the error now too. After playing for a good 4 hours two nights again I couldn't even log on to any servers last night. It's pretty frustrating. I guess I'll just have to try and play night...or Friday...hopefully be able to play this weekend.