Sign in to follow this  
xwhitemousex

Servers with frequent hackers

If I'm going to be remotely interested in playing DayZ I would prefer to avoid hackers.

So far people have really just said "oh there are cheaters on this server I was on earlier" and not really what server they were actually on.

Figure you can use this thread and drop names of servers with frequent hackers, then we know what to avoid at least and possibly be able to play the game at least some before we get a hummvee dropped on our heads in the middle of nowhere.

And yeah, cheaters will read this too but most won't, so at least we can avoid the cheater "hotspots" for future reference.

Thus far I see Norway 13 listed at least, and I've seen UK5 in another thread, so for my part at least I will never join those server until either BattleEye is severely upgraded or the server admins do an active job keeping cheaters banned.

So which servers have you frequently run across cheaters and hackers?

Hackers, or more accurately 'players' using simple scripts (aka script kiddies) basically follow simple instructions to inject a UI into the game; it's simple stuff and these players are almost always children who do it. Either they are having a laugh or simply need a leg up over the adult players.

Just live with it and don't get upset. After all - who hates children?

xwhitemousex - a rolling list of servers that hackers are on would be self defeating. It would run out of steam and turn into yet another grr-thread. You'd be just as upset as before.

Things will improve.

Yeah things will improve, but in how many weeks/months?

Meanwhile I'd really like to be able to avoid places where hacking seem to happen frequently. I constantly see threads about people being victims of various hacks.

As for who hates children; I don't hate them initially, I dislike them by default, and from there their own behavior usually pushes my attitude towards them down a negative slope. We're 7 billion people on the planet. We don't need more children. Time to put on the brakes and stabilize the population. But that's an entirely different topic altogether.

• Like 1

Been playing this game for 11 weeks now and still have never had to deal with a hacker...

Dont play on US or RU servers and you should be fine.

I, as an admin on Norway 13, can confirm we have been hack-free the last three days :) And seeing how there's only 2 admins atm (LEP and Feffe), we have had some difficulties keeping it clean 24/7! And sometimes we can't be sure of exactly WHO the hackers are, so sometimes it might take a little longer before we ban just to be sure we ban the right person. So if anyone reading this has got any tips on who is hacking or who you think might hack, please let me know, and i'll keep my eye out! Thank you :)

Cheers!

DayZ.no