Sign in to follow this  
ryan__mc__@hotmail.co.uk

Boss zombie

Add Boss/Tank zombies that require a team of people to take them down...They will have extra damage + have extra health + have a horde of zombies helping it. If you kill the tank it will contain a few rare items + unique items that can only be obtained by killing boss/tank zombies. Only players that where in a certain radius of where the tank died can loot it (should stop people just staying back and letting others do all the work then killing the players after they kill the tank). So if they dont help ..they dont get the loot.

These Tanks should spawn regulary where theres a high population of players but not always drop rare loot.

Edited by Massicor
  • Like 2

No please.

I hate specials on L4D...

Sweet...wellcome to my topic m8..nice to see you came to give my topic negative feedback because i gave you negative feedback on your silly "penalize pvp only if the victim is unarmed" topic but thats cool. And L4D special ? Sorry but L4D/valve wernt the ones to come up with the tank zombie idea.

Edited by Massicor

I dont know how I feel about boss zombies, but I do know I would like to see different types of zombies that could make the game different. I find myself getting annoyed with the zombies instead of actually taking them seriously. They pose almost no threat to me and there are limited strategies needed to kill them. I would like to see different types of zombies that make you play the game a different. Is a boss/tank zombie what I'm looking for? I'm not sure, but I do know I'm tired of the same old zombies who do the same old stuff.

This would be interesting. There should be like, "nightmare zombies," or a special enemy who randomly spawns somewhere in the game, and has increased health and damage. Something like Slenderman in the forests. That would scare the shit out of me.

Edited by Strogg

I think itll add alot ..it should promote teamplay ..even if only a little. Put yourself in the picture - Chern for example has 10-30 people in it ..so this tank + hored of zombies spawn..now everyone wants to kill it for the loot (also bandits but they have to help kill it to be able to loot the zombie just like everyone else..so the only bandits left are the ones not interested in the loot). So people need to teamup before or during the fight and be at a certain radius of where the tank died to stand a chance of getting the loot. Now as itll be too hard to kill it alone as you need the tank zombie to switch aggro between players to accually be able to shoot it properly without getting hit all the time players will need to preplan and gather supplies and make sure to watch out for bandits. Put there plan into action to kill the tank then cover each other as much as possible whilst you loot the tank from possible bandits that dont want the loot and only want more kills.

Edited by Massicor

I dont know how I feel about boss zombies, but I do know I would like to see different types of zombies that could make the game different. I find myself getting annoyed with the zombies instead of actually taking them seriously. They pose almost no threat to me and there are limited strategies needed to kill them. I would like to see different types of zombies that make you play the game a different. Is a boss/tank zombie what I'm looking for? I'm not sure, but I do know I'm tired of the same old zombies who do the same old stuff.

Maybe even zombies with more hearing but less sight, visa versa and ones that can somewhat doge/juke. Not zombies that are smart enough to juke as you shoot, but maybe ones that do it at random and make it hard to shoot/chop em'! There could be much more variety, or just wait till Arma III for hopefully a lot more zombies!

++ Sorta like the "Slenderman" idea, there could be a stalker type zombies that hides around building, or tree and is able to sneak up on a player. So last second you hear a twig snap 2 feet away and you turn then bam!

Edited by CerebralZombie

I don't understand why you would even suggest this.

Well you obv arent very smart if you cant figure out that its an idea and a great one if done properly.

Edited by Massicor

Maybe even zombies with more hearing but less sight, visa versa and ones that can somewhat doge/juke. Not zombies that are smart enough to juke as you shoot, but maybe ones that do it at random and make it hard to shoot/chop em'! There could be much more variety, or just wait till Arma III for hopefully a lot more zombies!

++ Sorta like the "Slenderman" idea, there could be a stalker type zombies that hides around building, or tree and is able to sneak up on a player. So last second you hear a twig snap 2 feet away and you turn then bam!

I agree that there should be a range of types of zombies ..the reason I suggested this one was because it should promote teamplay and it shouldnt be hard at all to implement.

Well you obv arent very smart of you cant figure out that its an idea and a great one if done properly.

The idea of Day Z is about the realism of an outbreak of some sort of disease which infects the majority of the world's population. Now with that being said, the idea of "Boss Zombies" is completely unrealistic and wouldn't make much sense in the game world. Why would it be a good idea to start making the game have similar enemy types such as those in games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

• Like 1

The idea of Day Z is about the realism of an outbreak of some sort of disease which infects the majority of the world's population. Now with that being said, the idea of "Boss Zombies" is completely unrealistic and wouldn't make much sense in the game world. Why would it be a good idea to start making the game have similar enemy types such as those in games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

You do know viruses can mutate causing all types of things to happen. In this case ..Increased strength + size + health and mabie making it smarter ?

Edited by Massicor

You do know viruses can mutate ?

I was assuming you would respond with an answer like that. Yes viruses can mutate, and possibly cause growths which can manipulate the appearance of the infected, but your idea is trying to add a feature that would make the game feel less realistic and more of an extreme survival arcade game. In lore, they could say that it is just a new strain of the virus which manipulates the appearance and drastically changes the genetic makeup of the infected, but even then, we don't need to start having this game be more like Left 4 Dead.

I was assuming you would respond with an answer like that. Yes viruses can mutate, and possibly cause growths which can manipulate the appearance of the infected, but your idea is trying to add a feature that would make the game feel less realistic and more of an extreme survival arcade game. In lore, they could say that it is just a new strain of the virus which manipulates the appearance and drastically changes the genetic makeup of the infected, but even then, we don't need to start having this game be more like Left 4 Dead.

Well i say we do need this in the game ...so we will just have to agree to disagree wth each other. And btw ..it wont make it feel less realistic ..if they were to implement mutations into the game it would make it more realistic .. As viruses do mutate = realism.

Edited by Massicor

Its not all bad... they should just spawn wherever and be a rare encounter for most players. Perhaps they could even drop some rare gear, giving groups of players an incentive to hunt them down if there is a sighting.

Its not all bad... they should just spawn wherever and be a rare encounter for most players. Perhaps they could even drop some rare gear, giving groups of players an incentive to hunt them down if there is a sighting.

But you need to understand that this mod isn't supposed to be like an MMORPG with world bosses that you group up with others to kill and gain loot. The mod is merely a test of what you would do in a post-apocalyptic setting, using a realistic take on how you would survive. And just for future reference, there are no zombies in this game, there are just infected humans.

• Like 1

But you need to understand that this mod isn't supposed to be like an MMORPG with world bosses that you group up with others to kill and gain loot. The mod is merely a test of what you would do in a post-apocalyptic setting, using a realistic take on how you would survive. And just for future reference, there are no zombies in this game, there are just infected humans.

Omfg realistic this realistic that ...you want to talk realism ? is the fact that houses spawn magic loot out of nowhere realistic ? I could go on all day about the unrealistic stuff in this mod but i also know alot of them are there for gameplay reasons. And where the hell did you get the idea that teaming up to kill bosses is a mmorpg only thing ? You say "The mod is merely a test of what you would do in a post-apocalyptic setting, using a realistic take on how you would survive" ..Viruses mutate ...if it muted into what we call a tank zombie ..then decide to kill it as its a threat ....id call that realistic survival in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Edited by Massicor

No please.

I hate specials on L4D...

L4D? How would it be L4D a-lot of games have "Zombie Bosses" It's a suggestion forum for a reason.

I like this idea, it would entertain a-lot of people, and also throw out some mags.

The best part of this is seeing people shooting each other while shooting the boss.

Specifiacally the "Zombie Boss" doesn't really have to be called a "Boss" but called an mutated advanced human that is infected.

And I heard Rocket was planning on adding K9's as infected, I'm sure K9s(Dogs) can't recive the virus which is unrealistic and destroys the purpose of some of you saying it's suppose to be a fully real zombie outbreak.

Omfg realistic this realistic that ...you want to talk realism ? is the fact that houses spawn magic loot out of nowhere realistic ? I could go on all day about the unrealistic stuff in this mod but i also know alot of them are there for gameplay reasons. And where the hell did you get the idea that teaming up to kill bosses is a mmorpg only thing ? You say "The mod is merely a test of what you would do in a post-apocalyptic setting, using a realistic take on how you would survive" ..Viruses mutate ...if it muted into what we call a tank zombie ..then decide to kill it as its a threat ....id call that realistic survival in a post-apocalyptic setting.

The part of the MMORPG I fully support you. This "Boss" thing can happen at any time and any crowded area, you will have to decide wether to help the other survivors to take down that infected creature or run away with you and your group to survivor the apocalypse.

Edited by ChinWooMan

I've considered calling them infected, but the title "Day Z," compels me to call them zombies (unless the Z stands for something else entirely).