sh1f

~{SoH}~ Takes Cherno (1.5hr VIDEO)

This past Saturday, twelve to fifteen members of Shadow of Humanity spontaneously decided to take over Chernogorsk, clear it of all zombie and PVP threats, and set up a safe haven for friendlies. This is what happened. The following video includes acts of humanitarian aid, successful groupings with randoms, a mini-tent city in the heart of Cherno, lots of inappropriate conversation, some friendly fire, copious amounts of loading screens, and several bandit murders... and, though not really a professional operation this time, is a decently good example of what ~{SoH}~ is about.

PLEASE click on the video to head to our YouTube channel and watch in glorious fullscreen 720p. Like, favorite, and subscribe! Expect more in the future.

~{SoH}~ Shifley

Edited by sh1f
  • Like 2

what server you guys play on? :)

Our server is Seattle 123.

Just looks like a group of 15 bandits are tearing Cherno apart. Did you even see if they wanted to surrender before you guys opened fire?

Which group are you talking about? The guys in the fire station at the end? If you watch enough of the video you will see that they killed one of us. There's no surrender after that. We don't KOS.

Edited by sh1f

I am a friendly and I kill bandits... if I was there I would assume you were all bandits honestly xD

Though I do love the idea of making DayZ a safer place :D

By the way, can I join your group? I decided to go on Seattle 123 and three of your members are here. In my current clan they are in canadian time :c

Double post, my bad >.<

Edited by Etmer

I am a friendly and I kill bandits... if I was there I would assume you were all bandits honestly xD

Though I do love the idea of making DayZ a safer place :D

Well, our server MOTD when you join says that we are a friendly group, and if you look at 34:31, you can see we put map makers on Cherno that say "New Players, lots of free loot in Cherno", "~{SoH}~ Do not fire on the living!", and "Friendly in Cherno". We're trying to build a reputation on our server so that regulars will know who we are. But if you assume we're bandits and engage us without provocation, that's your problem and we won't hesitate to return fire.

What is the text in the left upper corner about ?

That is Teamspeak3 overlay. The name that lights up shows who's talking. Unforunately, I haven't figured out how to make the box bigger yet so you only see half the list. :P

Very nice. Its cool to see things like this happening in servers. Too many times when I first started I died. Just got that first rifle and pistol and some food and wanted to leave. Only to come across someone with a nice weapon and just blow me away. I might just come over to that server and see what you guys are all about

Very nice. Its cool to see things like this happening in servers. Too many times when I first started I died. Just got that first rifle and pistol and some food and wanted to leave. Only to come across someone with a nice weapon and just blow me away. I might just come over to that server and see what you guys are all about

Come on, but you still gotta be careful. We only do this once in a while. Lots of PKers on our sever and we're not big enough yet to have a constant presence. We're getting there though.

i had some great fights with SOH on nl4 :D actually they are cool guys talked to 2 of them :D

I do like the concept of taking back towns and cities in DayZ. I personally would love to see this kind of hold-out situation where survivors take over a city, turn it into a haven and thereafter have to hold it for as long as possible from hordes attracted to the noise from neighbouring towns.

Nice job!

NL4

i had some great fights with SOH on nl4 :D actually they are cool guys talked to 2 of them :D

Actually, both of you are talking about a different SoH. That is the server of [soH]. We are ~{SoH}~, Shadow of Humanity. :P

Gonna bump this one final time.

You guys got a centre of operations on your server? (Seattle 123)

Not a public one. :P