Sign in to follow this  
Pruvmerong

Any chance I'll be global banned?

I was playing my most successful character yet. I had several cans of food and drink. Some basic weapons. A map/compass/watch/matches/hatchet. Also found an Alice backpack.

Then a hacker rewrote my whole inventory. Gave me (and I presume everyone on the server) a sniper rifle and all the rare tools (NVG, etc). I immediately disconnected, as I suspected a mass teleport was about to occur. I ditched the sniper rifle and some of the other stuff on a different server, but kept a few of the items. All my food/water is gone, so I'll probably die of hunger/thirst soon anyways.

Is there any chance Battleye will flag me as a hacker?

• Like 1

no, Rocket said at some point that any loot FOUND legitimately regardless of the item itself being legit, is fair game.

So any choppers you find from old servers, any loot in it, duped, hacked or otherwise, is fair to find and use.

Just don't hack yourself. HUNT HACKERS FOR THEIR LOOT!

----

This is hearsay, sorry if it's wrong. But it's the logic I've been going by since I heard it.

FIGHT THE HACKERS!

Edited by Caviano

If you didn't run any scripts, I suppose your ok. Battle Eye olny bans the ones that use the scripts, not the one that get affected by that.

Doubt it.

Since it wasn't YOU that scripted it in i doubt you'd take the fall for it.

I have no idea but i would assume that they can see what ID hacked the weapons, and what he did to hack. If he gave everyone on the server hacked weapons then no one should be banned since they were actually the victims of a hacker.

Even if the hacker did some good for you =)

As long as you didn't hack the items in, then you cannot get banned for using them. But it does seem that if you happen to "come across" hacked items quite frequently, they will suspect you of having a mule account and just ban you outright. So as long as you don't happen to find hacked weapons often, you're fine.

Although I've heard stories of people saying they were banned for just using the items, I feel that is mostly hearsay and script kiddies trying to feel good about themselves.

no, Rocket said at some point that any loot FOUND legitimately regardless of the item itself being legit, is fair game.

So any choppers you find from old servers, any loot in it, duped, hacked or otherwise, is fair to find and use.

Just don't hack yourself. HUNT HACKERS FOR THEIR LOOT!

----

This is hearsay, sorry if it's wrong. But it's the logic I've been going by since I heard it.

FIGHT THE HACKERS!

BattleEye will still ban you for using spawned items. Legit in DayZ or not.