tpenn

Crossbow too ineffectual

Yeah, but with the last updates, you have a high probability of losing your full magazine even if you just fired one shot.

I think the crossbow is clever as is.....its an aquired taste....I dont think it should sta ck at all...if you think about it most people that walked around with bows back in the day didnt have a ton of arrows....and they took a lot more space than a box of shells or an AK clip so it makes sense...if people could walk around with a ton of arrows and the crossbow made more accurate it would turn into a crossbow hunting fest in towns were people would just line up and clean towns before the zombies even knew what hit em...granted they should be a little more effective from close range but still I like it the way it is o yea the losing your bolt to a torso shot is lame though

I was playing with crossbow and IMO that is the hardest weapon to use in-game. It must be improved in some way:

- Bolts, they are extremely buggy, most of times you lose your bolt, how about making like 3 bolts per slot?

- Scope, IMO must be added to aim easier and on long distance, since it kill only with headshots.

There are way to many variables when it comes to crossbows to really comment with any real world experience on how the one in game handles but I will say that I agree with the ammo comments. What I'll suggest is that rather than universally changing the way the ammo works in game is that a quiver item should be added to function like another back pack if possible in a regular inventory slot. For players who like the crossbow this adds another prize to find and will allow them to specialize their characters more. Your average crossbow bolt is probably around 400-500 grains which is only about .05 lbs so if were talking about being able to carry them by weight the current system is really very flawed.

The top goal for me is to master the crossbow and I for one love its nuances.

The only things that I can maybe think as good additions:

-Some description as to how the sights work, it seems to arc up a bit before falling down.

-The stacking of bolts via any means.

-Perhaps the weapon takes the pistol slot. I don't know how I feel about this entirely... but I'm fine with people having the cross bow and any other rifle they want as the cross bow is so situational.

-The Quiver could be a bit brighter or something to stick out a little better.

I want to add that I NEVER lose my bolts as long as I can find them. Its a bit fidgety to pick them up but I've gotten to the point where is easy.

The best tip that can be given is if you're on a server that allows your crosshairs' date=' the right side of your crosshairs is where your bolt will always hit. There is a little arch on the right side that you will use for your hit zone indicator.

[/quote']

I find it interesting that this is a mechanic and not a bug. Could you give your reasons (Or the dev teams, not saying it was specifically you) for having the sight deliberately offset?

It seems odd to have it offset to a specific point, if that point is always the same, as surely that would be the purpose of having a sight in the first place. IRL if your weapon was firing off from the sights, you would just adjust the sights.

The best tip that can be given is if you're on a server that allows your crosshairs' date=' the right side of your crosshairs is where your bolt will always hit. There is a little arch on the right side that you will use for your hit zone indicator.

[/quote']

I find it interesting that this is a mechanic and not a bug. Could you give your reasons (Or the dev teams, not saying it was specifically you) for having the sight deliberately offset?

It seems odd to have it offset to a specific point, if that point is always the same, as surely that would be the purpose of having a sight in the first place. IRL if your weapon was firing off from the sights, you would just adjust the sights.

He's talking about hip-firing. ArmA II actually takes into account the gun's 'muzzle' when firing from the hip unlike most games where it comes from the 'center of the player screen'.

I find the sight to be accurate but that the bolt travels up at close to medium ranges.

The only thing I want for the cross bow is more ammo some how or a more reliable way to recover bolts (more easily seen quill/not glitching and lost).

Having it take the 'secondary' slot is interesting but I can see why thats not a great idea.