Audio Rejectz

The reason why we need Hackers

You are correct. People will always try to cheat because humans are assholes. Its in our nature. The more holes that are plugged the better.

Boilerplate argument.

I disagree. Yes, these kinds of actions provide some churn in the development cycle, but it's like saying we need criminals to improve the police force, or holes in our tires to get better patches.

Also, no offense to you in particular, but it's RIDICULOUS. I'm so tired of seeing it spelled rediculas, the your and you're constant mix up, loose for lose and rouge for rogue.

What doesn't spell check these days?

A million times this.

@disgraced

Why would I need to use spell check? Are spelling mistakes illegal or something?

Then again, this isn't a site dedicated to grammar and to be honest I don't give a fuck what you think of incorrectly spelt words.

It's not illegal to be an absolute imbecile last I checked.

You know the scary part?

If dayz stays on the arma platform it will never be fixed.

Arma 2 is bloody old, and they rely on garbage like battle eye to stop this kind of thing. Yet its happening.

For all the.games I've played, I've NEVER seen hacking as blatant or as much as I've seen on dayz in the past 2 weeks.

Bohemia are a joke for something like this to even occur with a game this old.

Most of the top games are using punkbuster and I don't know about you but you don't see nearly as much hacking going on like this with games that use it.

Edited by moofactory

What the hell are you people on about

First of all, this isn't hacking, it's cheating. There is a huge difference and you're giving them too much credit right out of the gate. Second of all, having 800,000 legitimate players is going to give way better feedback than a handful of CHEATERS that run everyone out of a server. Surely bugs and exploits found are null and void when they're found by people playing illegitimately in the first place, and that's if these morons even report the bugs to begin with

Furthermore, there's nothing anyone can do to stop people from cheating and exploiting. The best thing you can hope for is active admins that will police the servers. These are the ONLY cheat deterrents that even work, and sometimes even that doesn't work

Some of the replies in this thread make me think they're cheaters, and posting here is somehow their way of justifying being an asshole in their own mind

Edited by saborw

Also, no offense to you in particular, but it's RIDICULOUS. I'm so tired of seeing it spelled rediculas, the your and you're constant mix up, loose for lose and rouge for rogue.

What doesn't spell check these days?

Do you realised not everyone has english has their native language? In fact, do you know that english is only the 4th most talked native language in the world?

Spelling errors are bound to happen... I prolly even made a few myself just now. Who are you to criticize?

Edited by Trajado

Altering / Changing code =/= Exploiting, Glitching

When the game is finished they'll be able to hack all the same. BF3 is completely finished and it still has hackers. Every battlefield game I can think of, this has been the case. Counter-Strike is %100 done, there are still hackers, etc.

Get your facts straight.

Edited by Slazors92

You obviously haven't read the other posts, this is aimed mostly at the scripts that are currently been abused. These scripts can and will be patched.

Everyone is aware that hacks are ever present in games, but how can you provide security for a game without knowing what to secure?

@ Cyric - your comment is irrelevant. I earn probably 5 times what you do and have sex on a daily basis. Don't need to try and impress people with grammar corrections. Especially in an age where orite m8 hws it goin is ever present

The main point behind this post is to say that it's better these PATCHABLE scripts that are getting abused now in alpha so the devs are aware of what they need to patch.

These script hacks are exploiting codes that are available to everyone, they won't remain that way.