ninjaholic

Meat From Dead Players

So, I'm gonna keep it short.

I shoot someone, I should be able to take the meat off their body like if I shot a cow, sheep, goat or chicken.

Moral issues aside I'd eat every single one of you to survive if this was real. If it's good enough for the shufflers it's good enough for me.

Discuss.

• Like 6

I think there is another thread with roughly the same idea in it. Creepy...you may have issues that need to be addressed. I am going to go for a no on this just because of the creep factor...that and I am pretty sure putting cannibalizm into the game would get a lot of negative press and cause some issues with a few laws out there.

• Like 2

I admit it would be more realistic, however I think we would see a huge spike in banditry. Why risk looting a town crawling with zombies when you could just cap that noob and eat him? Not worth the players grief.

Edited by drseptapus

Rocket has already commented on cannibalism in DayZ. It will never be implemented because it would force Australia and New Zealand to ban the game and Rocket will never alienate entire regions of players from the game because of one little feature.

• Like 3

+1 for cannibalism. I want it. And add Germany on your ban list!

Edited by RedFiction12

Would be cool.. add respective side effects from eating too much human meat - but shouldn't because of the evil internet controlling politicians.

Oz censorship would ban the game based on the usage of the word cannibalism alone. Fair point Bonesoe.

Edited by ninjaholic

In addition I'd like to add that technically cannibalism exists, since the zombies will snack on my corpse if I'm stupid or unlucky enough to end up on a grass/tarmac dinner table. So I don't see why it's not possible.

Maybe because it is a player's decision to indulge, but the zombies aren't able to know any better?

Edited by ninjaholic

Maybe because it is a player's decision to indulge, but the zombies aren't able to know any better?

Nope. It's all in the wording really. If it was changed to DayC & the zombies in the game were replaced with living human cannibals then it would be banned in all the over-censored countries. The fact is that zombies don't exist, the concept cannot alarm or offend anyone because nobody has died from a zombie attack & nobody has a family or cultural history of zombie-ism. But cannibalism...

• Like 1

Seems a tad creepy and unnecessary, there is plenty of food and meat out there as it is.

So, I'm gonna keep it short.

I shoot someone, I should be able to take the meat off their body like if I shot a cow, sheep, goat or chicken.

Moral issues aside I'd eat every single one of you to survive if this was real. If it's good enough for the shufflers it's good enough for me.

Discuss.

I dig this. Never choose Cannibal Perk in Fallout, but it's excellent. Just make it have an even more severe effect on humanity.

Could you at least elaborate what for? What is the benefit? What is the disadvantage to it? We could also eat tree bark or flowers, up till now there is no difference to your suggestion.

Daisies are hardly a high kcal meal.

If I was hungry after a firefight where I survivied in this situation in real life, I wouldn't go looking for a cow to shoot or risk death looking for a can of beans.

You don't HAVE to do it. The point is choice, options, realism.

I'm probably one of few people that doesn't care about cannibalism in day to day life, however in a survival situation I don't have any issues in eating what would otherwise be left for maggots so I don't have to waste precious kcals looking for some morally-correct dinner. That and I like thinking outside the (sand)box.

I see what's not there and wonder "Why not?".

Anyway, you can only eat certain kinds of bark. I know what they are, do you?

Edited by ninjaholic

I would agree, as the aim of Day Z is realism and uninhibited behavior, but this is probably the one thing that would make the game unplayable.

Killing new players is MUCH easier than scavenging food. They'll be worse off than the dodo bird.

Idea: you can cut off small parts of people and throw them toward zombies to lure them away, but it WOULD attract them toward you when closer, since it's in your pockets/backpack.

When my thirst is flashing I would even drink the blood bags in my backpack.

I'll say this loud and clear for rocket.

18+ for AU comes Jan 1, 2013.

I think depending on how its done, should be no problem.

I actually mentioned DayZ to a friend and he asked if you could canibalize players. He feels the game isn't a realistic zombie survival sim without cannibalism .

I don't blame him. Put some debuffs with it considering it gives players another reason to kill noobs.

• Like 1

I'll say this loud and clear for rocket.

18+ for AU comes Jan 1, 2013.

I think depending on how its done, should be no problem.

Cool!

Would be awesome if they could add it :). Think The Road... Would add another element to the game, and won't just be a silly thing but a viable element of the story and the world, as said see The Road... :)

Great with the AU and NZ adding an 18+ rating now :)