macbuk

Low FPS only on DayZ

Hi everyone.

I recently bought ArmA II : CO, and i instantly installed DayZ. But when i went into a server, it was unplayable. In Singleplayer everything runs smoothly, even on high settings. I tried everything in every FPS thread, even the RAMDisK one, .cfg ones, and settings in game. I assume it is becouse of my rather shitty CPU, and a high ammount of zombie NPC's in DayZ.

So anyway, i hope you can help me in this one, I'd really like to play DayZ. I am thinking about upgrading my rig, but that won't happen fater than New Year. Here are me specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2Ghz, overclocked to ~3.0Ghz

GPU:ATI Radeon HD 5570 Gigabyte, overclocked to maximum in CCC

4GB RAM DDR2

Thanks in advande, guys.

You shouldn't be having many problems with that set up.

*edit* Actually, maybe it is your CPU.

Edited by Fraggle

I know. I am playing on everything Low, Antyaliasing off, Anisotropic Filtering off, Shadows off. It doesn't really matter what i do, on every settings it's the same.

It's weird that you can run Single player ok though. If it was your CPU struggling I'd have thought it would struggle with that too.

Well, usually in Singleplayer you don't fight with 300 of enemies. xD

Having struggled with performance my self, I can say that setting video memory to default, settings to normal/high except aa and draw distance ~1.5km as well as ramdisk gives great performance. However, arma is cpu and hdd limited as well as the odd fact that servers not running well will kill your fps regardless of your settings/setup. Try a different server that is well populated and restarts every 4 hours.

• Like 1

You do in some missions!

Oh, I just remembered (not sure if it will help). Turning down your settings can actually have a negative effect on performance because it takes the load off of your graphics card and dumps it onto your CPU. Have another mess around and try some higher settings (weird I know). Aslo disable post process effects.

But in single player your computer has to keep track of everything. In multiplayer the server does it.

Having struggled with performance my self, I can say that setting video memory to default, settings to normal/high except aa and draw distance ~1.5km as well as ramdisk gives great performance. However, arma is cpu and hdd limited as well as the odd fact that servers not running well will kill your fps regardless of your settings/setup. Try a different server that is well populated and restarts every 4 hours.

I already did all of that, didn't help. I'll try another server, thanks. :D

Oh, I just remembered (not sure if it will help). Turning down your settings can actually have a negative effect on performance because it takes the load off of your graphics card and dumps it onto your CPU. Have another mess around and try some higher settings (weird I know). Aslo disable post process effects.

I have Post Processing disabled, I'll try tuning the settings. Thanks also. ^^

In ccc turn all the 3d settings to performance

I ran the game on a dual core 6400 2.1ghz , with a hd 5450 & 2 gig ram ddr2 333mhz (lol), on a 23" monitor @ 1024 x 768

I bet you its your settings in ccc, good luck

btw the best i could get out of that rig was 18 - 20 fps( if you can even call it a rig )

p.s

i had all settings on normal ( texture etc )

no aa or any of that stuff

hope this helps

Edited by reggie1324
  • Like 1

in task manager, set arma2oa.exe priority to high,

in steam arma2 arrowhead launch options set -cpucount=2 to enable the use of the 2 cores

*edited* also, some servers tend to lag, while others tend to remain stable. Play this game on a variety of servers, see if the lag is persistent everywhere.

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 1

Thanks for responses, I'll make sure to try those. Altough i think i have everything set to Performance in CCC. Also i changed server to a french one. It finally made it playable, but aiming is still hard and it has poor performance.

@Edit: Tried it all and changed resolution to 1024x768. It's finally starting to be enjoyable, and mouse movements are much more smoother. Thank you all guys for helping. If you have anything else, tell me. :D

Also for me the game is looking almost like a grayscale, and it's extremely bright when i look down. Anyone know a fix for this? I saw youtubers that have normal look in-game.

Edited by macbuk

I know. I am playing on everything Low, Antyaliasing off, Anisotropic Filtering off, Shadows off. It doesn't really matter what i do, on every settings it's the same.

Where are you playing? The cities kill my fps pretty quickly but the wilderness runs smooth like butter.

I assume you updated your driver? Did you do it manually or let Windows do an automatic search?

Where are you playing? The cities kill my fps pretty quickly but the wilderness runs smooth like butter.

I assume you updated your driver? Did you do it manually or let Windows do an automatic search?

Well, i am playing pretty much everywhere, scavenging towns and going to another. I didn't notice much diffirence, but after the resolution change I didn't happen to be in city.

I assume you mean graphic drivers. They update automatically through CCC. As for other drivers - i use Windows Update.

I have core i7 720qm @ 2ghz, 6gb ram, ati 5870m and play at 1600x900 res. On all settings i get fps below 20, usually around 15. I have tried different servers but its the same. I don't have problems on any other games..

I have core i7 720qm @ 2ghz, 6gb ram, ati 5870m and play at 1600x900 res. On all settings i get fps below 20, usually around 15. I have tried different servers but its the same. I don't have problems on any other games..

I'd be thankfull if you don't hijack my thread. Anyway, try these: http://pastebin.com/BiSnmAj7

really guys, set high priority to arma2oa.exe in task manager. it gave me 10 extra fps (to a total of 40)

Edited by h3retic

man, i have the same problem. ok so since my computer sucks, i have to put everything on lowest possible, 1280x720 resolution, 50% graphic models. and on single player, i get about 70+ FPS. but when i play dayz i get about 20. wtf!

man, i have the same problem. ok so since my computer sucks, i have to put everything on lowest possible, 1280x720 resolution, 50% graphic models. and on single player, i get about 70+ FPS. but when i play dayz i get about 20. wtf!

Same thing, man. Try the things people told above, it really helped me. Make sure you play on 1024x768.

theres your problem!!!! run everything on high so it uses your gpu not your cpu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing, man. Try the things people told above, it really helped me. Make sure you play on 1024x768.

but i don't like those black bars on the side :C

But in single player your computer has to keep track of everything. In multiplayer the server does it.

you still have to recieve the servers information, but yeah, if the server is bad, your pc will seem bad, i have heard nl36 is a great server without lag ;)

GTX 560ti SLI (Got a GTX 580 as backup)

i5 2500k @ 3.5Ghz (Might upgrade to a i7 3770k)

8 Gigs of RAM

Sabertooth P67 B3 TUF Edition

Rest does not really matter.

Even I got FPS issues, I run 120 Fps in the wild, and the moment I get in town, it drops to 20 Fps, so please someone explane to me the loss of 100 Fucking Fps !!!

Edited by P5ykoOHD