Sign in to follow this  
KField86

Vilayer

Long story short: Trying to order a server from Vilayer. I've already paid and received my invoice number, etc. They have my money. What they don't have is any customer support. No live chat. No nothing. For people who have went with vilayer, since they are auto whitelisted, how long did it usually take before the server was up and ready for use? And then at that point, does Vilayer provide you with admin tools? This is my first time purchasing a DayZ server, and I went with vilayer because they offered a NY based server and were auto whitelisted. I mean, the idea is not rocket science. Pay for their server, they set it up for the game you wish to run, and you are in charge of it for as long as you pay for it.

Except now, I have two servers pending(I think I got a little too far and realized I selected a london server, and then x'd it out and chose NY so this may be why).. even though I only wanted one 40 slot server. No idea what that's about. My main question is how long should I expect to wait before it's available to play on. How do I go about naming the server or do they do that? How do I maintain it since I imagine they don't do everything. Just a lot of questions I didn't really get answers for in the sticky. I've emailed them once now asking for some information regarding how long it usually takes to get the game running on their box, and how long before I can take control of it, and nothing.

Basically, anyone who has purchased from Vilayer, can you give me the run-down on what you had to do starting from paypal payment to playing DayZ? I apologize if I'm not the smartest guy in the shed when it comes to getting a dedicated server. It's been about 9 years now since I had one.

Edited by KField86

When I ordered mine it took about 24h. I payed, then about 24 hours later I got a mail saying my server was ready. I could go on the control panel minutes after I payed. About there support, when I ordered my server the forum was full of posts saying their customer support is amazing, I however haven't experienced that. Any time I message them on skype, or join their TS3, they NEVER respond. It seems they only respond to tickets, and that tends to take them over 24 hours as well.

In short, about the support, I feel your pain. But their service itself isn't too bad.

I have a DayZ server with Vilayer and haven't had any issues as of yet. It took about 10-12 hours from Paypal payment to being able to play in the server. Like you mentioned, it was automatically whitelisted and the Arma 2 beta patches are very quickly installed once released. I have no complaints, other than the control panel is limited but that's mostly due to DayZ server requirements.

When I ordered mine it took about 24h. I payed, then about 24 hours later I got a mail saying my server was ready. I could go on the control panel minutes after I payed. About there support, when I ordered my server the forum was full of posts saying their customer support is amazing, I however haven't experienced that. Any time I message them on skype, or join their TS3, they NEVER respond. It seems they only respond to tickets, and that tends to take them over 24 hours as well.

In short, about the support, I feel your pain. But their service itself isn't too bad.

What do you mean the control panel immediately after you paid? If I go on there site and click control panel, it just shows what tools will be available to me once the server goes live. I can't change anything or anything like that. I'm stuck in a waiting game until the server is ready. I'm just sitting at pending. I've gotten email confirmation that I've paid. I have both an invoice number and order/transaction #. But that's all I have right now. So looks like I'm waiting for them to email me saying the server is ready and where to get the admin tools to maintain the server. I don't mind a 12-24 hour wait. I was going to go with host altitude and most likely would of but there NY servers keep getting pushed further and further back, and since I have squad members in london, as well as mostly everyone else being on the east coast. At first I thought HFB as well, but then I had several people even taking the time to PM me saying their customer support is non existent, so I forked over the extra $10-15 and went with Vilayer for the auto whitelisting and auto time changer.However so far I've gotten zero support from Vilayer. Not even an email. Someone said they had a teamspeak?

I'm almost unsure if I should of picked up a dedicated box and just hosted DayZ on it.

Edited by KField86

What do you mean the control panel immediately after you paid? If I go on there site and click control panel, it just shows what tools will be available to me once the server goes live. I can't change anything or anything like that. I'm stuck in a waiting game until the server is ready. I'm just sitting at pending. I've gotten email confirmation that I've paid. I have both an invoice number and order/transaction #. But that's all I have right now. So looks like I'm waiting for them to email me saying the server is ready and where to get the admin tools to maintain the server. I don't mind a 12-24 hour wait. I was going to go with host altitude and most likely would of but there NY servers keep getting pushed further and further back, and since I have squad members in london, as well as mostly everyone else being on the east coast. At first I thought HFB as well, but then I had several people even taking the time to PM me saying their customer support is non existent, so I forked over the extra $10-15 and went with Vilayer for the auto whitelisting and auto time changer.However so far I've gotten zero support from Vilayer. Not even an email. Someone said they had a teamspeak?

I'm almost unsure if I should of picked up a dedicated box and just hosted DayZ on it.

KField86, please email support@vilayer.com if you have any questions, it will open a ticket in the support portal.

I've found that getting help on TS3 is far faster and easier than making a ticket and waiting.

The sad part about Arma2 servers in general, and with the additional DayZ restrictions, is that even a lot of very basic things require the server host to be involved. I suspect a full dedicated server would be far easier to maintain.

Hello there..As their ts server is down,i have a question that cant find any solution so far

Are your dayz servers private hives or they are the global-official hives?

I can place the names from the whitelisted by my self or you will do it?

Thank you in advance

Any help with this?