Cooky1809

Very Disapointed

Hello people!

I have played this mod roughly a week after it was released. It got updated every 4 to 5 days and Rocket and all the others would keep in touch with the small community. Now, it takes weeks for new updates and hardly any responses. I thought this was something different (not just the game itself but the people behind making it) and while the game is still fun and great it just seems to be going like most big companies. I know its hard work Rocket but you have got to stick with why the mod was so different and enjoyable.

True , but small things are easier to fix and big things are harder , and they have had the small things by now I think.

Do you have any idea of the sort of hours you have to put in when creating a game? Any communication at all is a bonus here, Rocket doesn't have a marketing department to put all the info out for him and in the last week I have seen him do more than 1 interview which as been fairly lengthy and in depth. This must be consuming his entire life right now.

I am very disapointed in your spelling.

Explain to me what is wrong? I missed a few 'comma's' and spelling some words short becasue its 'computer language'. If I wanted to spell correctly It would only be on paper. Your the type of people that ruin the community.

I know its hard work

Actually it's pretty obvious you haven't the slightest fucking idea how much work is involved.

Nor do you care.

You're just another entitled little gimme-gimme who wants it all for free and yesterday.

• Like 8

All of the above and them also having no budget.

Edited by Sticker704

Do you have any idea of the sort of hours you have to put in when creating a game? Any communication at all is a bonus here, Rocket doesn't have a marketing department to put all the info out for him and in the last week I have seen him do more than 1 interview which as been fairly lengthy and in depth. This must be consuming his entire life right now.

I think the point is kinda that people do know that... And that this seemed different in the beginning.

Now it's just like the forums anywhere else where there is no official response. This might as well be a release by blizzard or ea or something based on the intimacy between the devs and the community.

Don't get me wrong, in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.... But when the creator of the mod talks about how much it matters and then seemingly stops... People notice.

I think that reality has set in. Rocket will keep doing his thing, but part of what was special about this mod seems to have drained out in the last couple of weeks... And maybe people understand why big developers do it as they do.

I am more concerned that lee harvey oswald and Dallas are reading this thread at the same time. :|

• Like 3

Explain to me what is wrong? I missed a few 'comma's' and spelling some words short becasue its 'computer language'. If I wanted to spell correctly It would only be on paper. Your the type of people that ruin the community.

You're

• Like 3

It's possible he just has a life. I'd look in to that yourself.

This is just wrong! the community has just gone to shit now. I do have a life, considering ive only posted 17 times!

DiSsapointed. Now GTFO.

• Like 1

I think the point is kinda that people do know that... And that this seemed different in the beginning.

Now it's just like the forums anywhere else where there is no official response. This might as well be a release by blizzard or ea or something based on the intimacy between the devs and the community.

Don't get me wrong, in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.... But when the creator of the mod talks about how much it matters and then seemingly stops... People notice.

I think that reality has set in. Rocket will keep doing his thing, but part of what was special about this mod seems to have drained out in the last couple of weeks... And maybe people understand why big developers do it as they do.

Thank you so much!! Im not saying I do not care about how much work rocket puts in, because its huge. But what this person has just said is exactly what I mean. thanks

DiSsapointed. Now GTFO.

Dont you mean 'Disappointed' with TWO p's not TWO s's?

• Like 1

It may have seemed different at the start and I think if you come in now it would still seem different, there is a lot more communication here than on other games. Things have changed massively in the last couple of months though, with the game apparently getting it's own release and the number of players getting closer and closer to 1 million there is much more media interest and we can't expect Rocket to knock that back in favour of posting here.

Everything changes, if people think that this game has already gone the same way as a big budget faceless AAA game then fair enough, there are plenty kickstarter projects that want support.

I thought this was something different (not just the game itself but the people behind making it) and while the game is still fun and great it just seems to be going like most big companies.

Yeah. Damn you and your corporate agenda, Rocket! Oh wait... upon using more than one neuron, I've seen why this is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

OP comments are idiotic. There is no big company as such. I don't think Bohemia have decided what to do - kinda stuck in the headlights like the rabbits we see in the fields. A bit like a lottery winner.

I don't think anyone can 'expect' anything at all. Its a free mod. If they update then fine if they don't well then wait or play something else till there is something new to do. I hope the next update involves a big wipe of everything and maybe some pre-testing to ensure its playable rather than a a day of frustration trying to get in. Even if it was I wouldn't come here complaining.

So you think the game should be updated all the time? And no one cares what you think please just go burn your computer and never come back. Just because you got killed by someone when you had alot of good stuff you go to the forums and cry.

• Like 1

This is just wrong! the community has just gone to shit now. I do have a life, considering ive only posted 17 times!

Sorry for al lthe grief but the community hasnt gone to shit. Just some trolls and some people who have faith and a strong like for someone. The adamint responses are because people think your bashing on rocket. Hes done great work for both the game and the community. But there is only 24 hours in a day. support is more important than pointing out the fact that something is not as it was. Give it time like all things this will pass and rocket will be able to devide his attention once more.

Edited by XMorTus
  • Like 1

So you think the game should be updated all the time? And no one cares what you think please just go burn your computer and never come back. Just because you got killed by someone when you had alot of good stuff you go to the forums and cry.

I just cant believe all of this. I'm just speaking my disappointment about the way this mod has gone, and I'm gettin abused by little kids telling me to destroy my computer and telling me my spelling is wrong (when I know it is because people can type fast on computers). Rocket is very busy I know! But it took me about one minute and 20 seconds to type all of this, dont you think he has one minute to communicate with us telling everyone what he is working on. Trust me, I'm not a trolling, young, no life kid and I do respect him, just venting my annoyance.

Sorry for al lthe grief but the community hasnt gone to shit. Just some trolls and some people who have faith and a strong like for someone. The adamint responses are because people think your bashing on rocket. Hes done great work for both the game and the community. But there is only 24 hours in a day. support is more important than pointing out the fact that something is not as it was. Give it time like all things this will pass and rocket will be able to devide his attention once more.

Thanks. I dont mean to be attacking Rocket so I do appologise.

ROCKET. DROP WHATEVER THE H3LL IT IS YOU'RE DOING THIS SECOND AND UPDATE MY FREE MOD THAT I PLAY FOR FREE FREELY.

HOW DARE YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO.

Come on man, it's time you went outside and hit the local park or open air pub with a book for a couple of hours. Even I can tell that.

I'm sure Rocket is busy with something and compared to most mods at least him and any other code monkeys there are involved. There are many mods that don't get anywhere the number of updates that Dayz does, not anywhere the kind of involvement that Dayz gets from it's creator.

I think we should be thanking him for creating something f****** amazing, enjoyable, fun, random and buggy as this, not complaining because you're not being babysat updates.

• Like 1

Hello people!

I have played this mod roughly a week after it was released. It got updated every 4 to 5 days and Rocket and all the others would keep in touch with the small community. Now, it takes weeks for new updates and hardly any responses. I thought this was something different (not just the game itself but the people behind making it) and while the game is still fun and great it just seems to be going like most big companies. I know its hard work Rocket but you have got to stick with why the mod was so different and enjoyable.

Poor thing being a free alpha tester lets send a care bear for you.

• Like 2

Cooky1809 if you don't understand why you are getting abuse there is little hope for you.

• Like 2