Best find a 1911 or Revolver and get up close for your kills.

The Enfield is either from ArmA2 or Operation Arrowhead.

Just because it's a British gun' date=' doesn't mean it's from BAF............. this isn't WWII.

[/quote']

Well I stand corrected. I will have a thorough look when I get the chance.

I haven't really noticed anything other than a slightly increased aggro range(Although the previous range seemed to be different from shot to shot, which makes it hard to judge the actual range it had). Still a trustworthy zed shooter.

people are focusing too much on technicalities. rocket said himself that the winchester was simply a placeholder, so don't say "it's not a shotgun and thus can't use buckshot." ideally the Winchester should be completely replaced with a low-capacity civilian shotgun.

I think it's funny how many people are saying things such as, "If the winny is this loud then they need to do THIS, or if the winny is going to be this powerful it needs to be THIS loud" and so forth and so on.

Have you ever considered, uh, using a different weapon when surrounded by A LOT of zomibes?

The question is whether the current noise/power level balance makes sense and whether it currently fills the intended role or not.

I don't think any sane person denies that it was too quiet and powerful in 1.5.7. Rather, we just find that with the decreased (and more sane, honestly) power level, the new sound level it generates is extremely disproportionate. After all, both the 1911 and Revolver fire considerably more powerful cartridges that make much more noise in the real world, yet the winchester is louder than either by a large margin in game.

I love that it has been changed, it was way too quiet and overpowered.

My dream however is for it to be the carbine that it is.

Pistol sized rounds, damage and noise on par with the mp5. 1 hit kill headshots, 2-3 torso. Decent ammo capacity, not to loud, short to mid range, but with the ammo a little more rare. Faster firing than the bolt actions, but slower than a semi automatic.

But changing it from the go to gun on the coast to something not exceptionally better than the enfield/cz is a step in the right direction.

Well the whinny has become a lot less useful. I was ok with the damage reduction.. i agree with it.. the sound that it now has is insane. Sure it needed a sound nerff.. but bringing in a entire city should only be given to sniper rifles for obvious reasons.

I guess the Enfield is just the superior weapon now? Better range, more power, and ammo is just as available.

All guns are loud, ESPECIALLY SHOTGUNS. Hell, even silenced guns are still pretty damn noticeable. I have noticed more zombies being aggro'd but I still can take them down in one shot. Using a winny to pk is just stupid, only effective at close range and you have to be pretty darn sneaky to get up on someone close enough to murder them without return fire.

The question I have for Rocket is how the zombie's aggro works. Is it every zombie within 50yards(example) is aggro'd because they hear it or every zombie within 50 is aggro'd and any zombie within 10 yards of the aggro'd zombie(another example) or in their path is aggro'd as well? With the latter you could technically have an infinite amount of zombies come at you if they re spawned fast enough.

You all miss the point: Yes, guns are loud, but zombies usually lost their hearing:

Hearing: zombies go deaf within a few weeks of transformation. Efforts to rehabilitate them through ASL training have thus far proved unsuccessful.

Source: http://www.fvza.org/zscience2.html

That is why zeds are not able to hear ANY gun beyond 50m (except they are "fresh"). This HAS to be fixed. Everything else is UNREALISTIC.

;-)

As a dedicated Winny user (love the gun even if it is just a place holder...) I got to run the weapon through the paces this past night. I started on some barn outskirts and tried my usual long distance shooting. Around 100-150 I can still center mass a Zomble and drop it, though there seems to be a bit more of a delay before it drops (I dunno if it's cause they need to bleed out or what...) Around the same range I didn't see it draw any more agro than before.

Tried it with larger clumps outside a small town and found that I could reasonably at shorter distances (75-99 roughly) could still pop a few before I could summon a horde. Anything closer and you will get tons on you. So now you have to choose your shots better.

To conclude overall I love it from a sense of immersion and balancing. With it having a good amount of rounds per stack, ease of use, availability, and stopping power it should have at least one drawback and the sound though it will take some getting used to is just about right. It is still the ultimate survivalist gun providing you with a good reliable weapon that doesn't take much space and you can thin hordes without fretting too much.

Indeed. See what I did there? Everyone is focused on the temperature system while not realizing their rifle has turned into a peashooting loudspeaker.

Seriously though' date=' some feedback would be good. Winchester was only ever placeholder.

[/quote']

After having used it a bit now, I've not noticed any decrease in performance against zeds. I usually only ever carried slugs, so the removal of pellets didn't really impact much.

The increased sound for it is definitely noticeable when taking on a couple zombies, but the low counts compared to 1.5.7 mean its not an issue.