Sign in to follow this  
zymeth786@yahoo.com

Players with BLANK namestags

I am currently the 2nd admin for a singapore server and I have encountered quite a few players who do not have names and their tags are blank.

I have tried warning them to change their names but to no avail and was wondering if I as an admin could do anything about it bar kicking/banning.

Would like to hear some responses

Battleye is supposed to be catching this.

They are using non ASCII standard characters. They should be getting invalid name and auto kicked, I thought.

No I can confirm that they can connect to the servers. I personaly kick them from the server asit is impossable to "find" a player with no name in the RPT file. Similarly I remove people who connect with single number names like 4.

I am currently the 2nd admin for a singapore server and I have encountered quite a few players who do not have names and their tags are blank.

I have tried warning them to change their names but to no avail and was wondering if I as an admin could do anything about it bar kicking/banning.

Would like to hear some responses

as an admin blank name tags are not a bannable offense(you should know this), some cyrilic and special charachters casue the anme plate to show as blank ...... theres a post around here asking for clarrification(damned if i can find it) of what can be done wuith blank names/hackers/combat loggers etc etc in terms of banning

best you can do without putting your server at risk of blacklisting for it is ask them to change thier name, quick explenation how and then kick to help them get to the profile page a bit faster

• Like 1

as an admin blank name tags are not a bannable offense(you should know this), some cyrilic and special charachters casue the anme plate to show as blank ...... theres a post around here asking for clarrification(damned if i can find it) of what can be done wuith blank names/hackers/combat loggers etc etc in terms of banning

best you can do without putting your server at risk of blacklisting for it is ask them to change thier name, quick explenation how and then kick to help them get to the profile page a bit faster

Thanks, I'm abit new to the admin of arma thats why I asked.

Cyrillic characters are fully supported by Arma engine. It will never show blank or distorted. 100% sure, I use cyrillic squad url prefix and name in Russian for many years without problems. But I guess some other special characters can be treated by engine as legit though are not visible in the interface. This problem must be addressed by devs somehow.

Blank names are delibirate, that's for sure.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

ahhh found the post i was looking for http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32223-staff-need-clarification-on-ban-able-offenses/page__hl__rules

Can we kick/ban players using invalid character names (extended non-text ascii) which show up in game as blank/anonymous?

and Ander says

3. Yes. But remember that some cyrillic characters dont show up but is valid playernames on systems that dont support cyrillic so dont kick "too often" with this reason. Be careful

not always malicious, you are using cyrillic yourself so its setup on your box, blackgoofguy may not have it setup, make sure you got cyrillic set up and the chacnes they have blank names not for dodgy purposes goes down drastically so you dont have to worry so much about kicking some innocent guy just for having a fancy letter in his name