Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

whats is your ideal gun setup/gameplay style

currently i dont have dayz but i have watched about 12hours of gameplay video and read everything on the wiki and from what i have seen i think this would be my main setup

lone sneaky survivor/bandit

this would probabley be my play style

you avoid the cities you mainly stay north you play on servers with few people and you play at night time you shoot players on sight as they would likely do the same to you and you need more gear your allways very cautious scoping a area out looking for zombie bodies to tell if anyone has been there recently you allso set up 3 camps each surounded by booby traps and each with a couple of Vehicles

secondary weapon

M9 SD

its the the only silenced pistol in the game

as with all guns it one hit kills zombies with a headshot and that would be its main use a anti zombie weapon

primary weapon

L85A2 AWS

its the only weapon in the game that has thermal vision wich allows you to spot any zombie or player even if they are wearing a guille suit instantly when seen through the scope unlike night vision the scope works just as well during the day as it does at night though offcourse if you play at night then most other players wount see you and zombies will detect you less easyly

its allso likely the most acurate full auto assault rifle in game

it uses a fairly comman ammo type 5.56x45mm wich you would find on many other veteran players you kill

this would mainly be a player/bandit killing/defence weapon

what about you what is your current gun setup or your dream setup

I'll just show you mine...

3s3o5.jpg

It used to be the Bizon and the M24...

But I switch to a silenced weapon with more standard ammunition...

And the .50 is just cooler...

Come on...

You know I'm right...

Id pick colt 1911 for second weapon, much more powerfull or G17 because of the mag size and the flashlight :) i dont really see the point of a silenced weapon

Id pick colt 1911 for second weapon, much more powerfull or G17 because of the mag size and the flashlight :) i dont really see the point of a silenced weapon

You must not raid towns very often...

I regret giving up my Bizon now. Raiding crash sites and the airfield was so much easier with it. I got all excited and dropped the Bizon for an M4A1 HWS M203. Have a PDW side arm, it's nice because it has 30 round mag and will accept MP5, M9 and G17 mags too. PDW has Semi and full auto fire select too.

So Bizon and PDW was my favourite weapon load out. I'll pick up another Bizon if I can or maybe a M9SD, I really like the silent approach.

I'd quite like a go with that L85A2AWS, I've used it many times playing Arma2 but never found one at the barracks in DayZ yet.

Edited by ProdigyMD

I actually care more about having a compass, map, canteen, matches, hatchet and a hunting knife. I'll make do with just about any weapon except the double barrel shotgun. I hate that weapon with a passion.

• Like 1

I would pick the M24 over the 50.cal "Anti Human" SR's ...

So here is my Setups:

Pure PVP:

- Lee Enfield

- M1911

- Map

Squad PVP:

- M24

- Spotter (my spotter is my secondary "weapon")

- M1911

- Map

- Compas (so my spotter can give the exact ° (degree) of the opponent)

Survival:

- M24

- M4A1 CCO SD

- M1911

- Map

Raiding:

Anything I am not afraid to lose, usually:

AKM // Winchester 1866

Along with that, I always carry:

- 4x Bandages

- 2x Blood Bags

- 2x Morphine

- 2x Pain killers

- 1x Epipen

- 4x M1911 Ammo

- 3x Primary Weapon ammo

- 3x Canteen

- 3x Cooked Meat

That is my usual Loadout.

Atm I am just doing pvp thought.

Map is the only Tool (well, along with Box of Matches / Hatchet & Combat Knife) that you really need.

EDIT:

Cause colourz are so kewl (/sarcasme)

Edited by P5ykoOHD

most of the time i use anything that shoots straight ;)

and my beloved M1911 ;)

edit: and don't forget the hatchet, must underrated weapon IMO

Edited by midiambient

I regret giving up my Bizon now. Raiding crash sites and the airfield was so much easier with it. I got all excited and dropped the Bizon for an M4A1 HWS M203. Have a PDW side arm, it's nice because it has 30 round mag and will accept MP5, M9 and G17 mags too. PDW has Semi and full auto fire select too.

So Bizon and PDW was my favourite weapon load out. I'll pick up another Bizon if I can or maybe a M9SD, I really like the silent approach.

I'd quite like a go with that L85A2AWS, I've used it many times playing Arma2 but never found one at the barracks in DayZ yet.

I also like the PDW, but only because if you use M9SD or MP5SD rounds zombies won't aggro when you shoot, even though a shot can be heard...

i fogot to mention a close range weapon what do you think is the best close range weapon to use in the game

The best setup for a solo player IMO:

M4 CCO SD

DMR for night sniping

AS50 for day sniping

Ghillie suit

M9SD for a quick and easy zombie takeout without needing to switch your primaries.

NVG

GPS

Rangefinder

all the needed tools

And at all times have atleast:

2 mags for each weapon (except for the m9sd, I can have more)

2 canteens of water

2 meat steaks

2 morphines

2 painkillers

M4A3 CCO

G17

basic tools

On person:

3 mags for each weapon

2 canteens of water

2 meat steaks

2 morphine

2 painkillers

4 bandages

1 Flare/Chemlight

In-bag(Assault Pack):

2 morphine

2 bandages

4 bloodbags

2 spare mags for each weapon

Edited by Orthus

I actually care more about having a compass, map, canteen, matches, hatchet and a hunting knife. I'll make do with just about any weapon except the double barrel shotgun. I hate that weapon with a passion.

Same, I feel naked without the basics. I guess people have different priorities.

"Goooota get my snipurs rifle so i canz shoot me some scubz on da beach hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!"

M9SD for a quick and easy zombie takeout without needing to switch your primaries.

^ If only this was the case ^ Worst pistol in the game for me, the only thing good about it is the fact it's quiet because of the silencer. Otherwise it's insanely inaccurate making headshots difficult unless they're RIGHT infront of you so you go for the body instead, which does next to no damage (says 3 shots to the body but i've emptied a mag into a zombie to drop (with pauses between shots too)). Plus the ammo isn't all that great.

My best setup i've had:

M107

L85 (only fired it twice, once to save a mate being hit by a zombie, another at a player who was close. Otherwise it was used as a tool to spot players and zombies).

M9 SD or M1911.

Map

Compass

Watch

GPS

Current Setup at the moment as I died and lost all that wonderful gear, although I lost the L85 from a patch before dying.

DMR

M4A1

M1911

Compass

Map

And all the usual bandages, blood bags, water bottles, food, morphine, painkillers and tent.

Solo pvp:

-M107 + 3 mags

-M1911 + 3 mags + 5 bandages

-1 bloodbag & epipen( you never know if you need to save some noob)

Pvp with mates:

-M4 with M203 ( think its named M4A1 HWS or smth)

-M1911 + 1 mag + 2 bandages +2x explosive M203+ 1x M203 flare + 2x M203 smoke

ALWAYS THIS:

-1 bloodbag & epipen

-2 morfine

-2 painkillers

-2 meat + water bottles

-As much gadgets as possible but allways allways allways binoculars+matches+knife+axe

To all those wanting M9 SD, you clearly haven't fired the weapon yet or i'm doing something horribly wrong. That weapon is so bad i actually prefer throwing cans at zombies

Edited by AluCaRdBe

Cz-550, then m24 and 1911 served me well for 30 days. For my 3rd life I will try some new gear.

Doing the whole bandit thing myself, currently running with:

AS50 + 2 M107 mags (looking for as50 mags, however no luck yet)

M14 AIM as a backup with 3 DMR mags for it

M9SD + 3 or 4 mags, can't remember

Basic tools like compass, map, hatchet, knife etc.

Rangefinder

NVG's

Coyote backpack

2x frag nades

3x morphine

2x epi

2x bloodbags

2x painkillers

3 canteens

+ some amount of cooked meat.

Edited by Pingulol

I remember when all I wanted was an M9SD to go with my AS50.. then I actually got it and I can't think of a weapon worse except maybe the double barrel shotgun.

My loadout varies depending on circumstance, but generally I have a silenced primary with a sniper in my bag and an m1911 sidearm. Compass is a MUST, it's the first thing I try to find. Currently I'm on MP5SD/CZ550 + M1911.

You must not raid towns very often...

Why would you? Once you have the residential drop essentials (M1911, ALICE pack, tool items), there's no point. Food and water can be gotten easier by foraging and visiting ponds.

Personally I am a really poor shot so I've gone from sniping to the Mk 48 machine gun. Definitely my favorite gun so far.

mk40 for close / mid range encounters and then the m107 for long range. Zombie aggro? Who cares 100 rounds of 1 shot ammo and the belts for it seem to be everywhere firestations and deer stands almost all the time. m107 for 1 shotting players at range.

m9sd for when im in own and wanna be quiet.

Ideal you say? For the hunting down of teams at night / daytime at high risk areas north of the map while solo.

Main weapons:

• DMR
  • Silenced M9
  • L85AWS (in the backpack)

Outfit:

• Ghillie suit

Tools:

• Night vision goggles
  • Laser range finder
  • Toolbox
  • Watch
  • Flashlight
  • Military flashlight
  • GPS
  • Map
  • Compass
  • Entrenchment tool
  • Hatchet
  • Matches
  • Hunting Knife

Inventory: (Including Coyote backpack)

• Morphine x2
  • Painkillers x2
  • Bandage x3
  • Antibiotics x1
  • Heatpack x2
  • Cooked meat x4 (3,200 "instant" blood in a scrape)
  • DMR magazine x5
  • Stanag magazine x1
  • Stanag SD magazine x1
  • M9 SD magazine x6
  • Grenade x1
  • Smoke grenade x2
  • Water bottle x3
  • Bear trap x1

Edited by itputsthelotion

At the moment I have a DMR,M4A1CCO SD,NVGs,range finder,Coyote pack and lots of medical supplies.

Could do with a .50cal but he DMR works for now

Edited by jdz