Sign in to follow this  
anton364@hotmail.nl

Zeroing?

Certain weapons you can zero, Basically say you are aiming at a guy thats 500m away and you are zeroed for 300m you would have to aim higher to compensate for bullet drop. But you put the zero to 500m you can aim directly at him and the bullet will hit where you are aiming.

Pg Up and Pg Dn are the default binds

Edited by BanditoTheBandit

Certain weapons you can zero, Basically say you are aiming at a guy thats 500m away and you are zeroed for 300m you would have to aim higher to compensate for bullet drop. But you put the zero to 500m you can aim directly at him and the bullet will hit where you are aiming.

but then why would you put zeroing lower and not just put it on it highest forever?

Basically whatever your zero-ed too, using page up and down, will be the range in which the center of your cross air is set to.

This video will explain mil-dot zero-ing and range estimation...

And if you find a Camo SVD this one will help you hit targets with it...

Since it doesn't use zero-ing...

but then why would you put zeroing lower and not just put it on it highest forever?

You want to zero for the distance you are shooting at that moment. If you have it too high the bullet will hit higher then you are aiming and too low means it will hit a lot lower then the spot you are aiming.

300m is just the default it is set at.

Edited by BanditoTheBandit

bump

This thread just literally got made...

Bump...

Really...

Already...

Whatever...

You change the zeroing to adjust your aim to the target's distance, as in ArmA (and Real Life) bullets drop with distance due to gravity.

Because Zeroing doesn't just magically make your bullet fly forward, it offsets your scope. If your zeroing is 400 and the target is 200 meters away, your bullet will just fly over him.

Edited by krtshv

I was going to link those exact same videos LeOverload. If in any doubt over target range and your forced to return fire then zero at 300 and aim for centre mass of your enemy. If you have time then zero the target as shown in the videos and you won't go far wrong.

Edited by ProdigyMD

You want to zero for the distance you are shooting at that moment. If you have it too high the bullet will hit higher then you are aiming and too low means it will hit a lot lower then the spot you are aiming.

Also if you use different ammo types with same weapons the bullet will not have the same flight path...

Like M107 rounds vs the AS50 rounds...

Or Normal STANAG vs SD...

Looking for video proof right now...

Also if you use different ammo types with same weapons the bullet will not have the same flight path...

Like M107 rounds vs the AS50 rounds...

Or Normal STANAG vs SD...

Looking for video proof right now...

M107 and AS50 rounds travel the same, as they are the same caliber. The only difference is the barrel length.

SD rounds have less gunpowder than regular rounds as they need to travel in sub-sonic speed to be quieter, thus they have a grater drop.

Edited by krtshv

Here found the original thread on it...

Also has the video in it about the different bullet trajectories...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39326-should-i-use-m107-mag-or-as50-nato-mag-for-my-as50/

Or here is the video if you don't want to look through the thread...

Also most people ask why he doesn't zero...

It's so you notice where the different rounds land when aiming at the same point...

M107 and AS50 rounds travel the same, as they are the same caliber. The only difference is the barrel length.

SD rounds have less gunpowder than regular rounds as they need to travel in sub-sonic speed to be quieter, thus they have a grater drop.

False brah...

Just put up the video proof...

Also the AS50 rounds do more damage per shot...

Regardless of the weapon used...

Edited by LeOverlord
  • Like 1

Barrel length has an impact on range and accuracy even when your firing the same rounds. A longer barrel increases the gas pressure in the barrel and the rotation of the round but I'm not sure how accurately Arma 2 models this.

Edit: LeOverlord does it again, LeBeans for you.

Edited by ProdigyMD

Here found the original thread on it...

Also has the video in it about the different bullet trajectories...

http://dayzmod.com/f...ag-for-my-as50/

Or here is the video if you don't want to look through the thread...

Also most people ask why he doesn't zero...

It's so you notice where the different rounds land when aiming at the same point...

That's odd. I never encountered something like that on my AS50, and I have both AS50 and M107 mags.

@krtshv...

Yea it really only makes a difference at extreme ranges...

He is shooting at about 1000m...

Since most DayZ encounters are about 500-700m you usually would see any difference...

Barrel length has an impact on range and accuracy even when your firing the same rounds. A longer barrel increases the gas pressure in the barrel and the rotation of the round but I'm not sure how accurately Arma 2 models this.

Edit: LeOverlord does it again, LeBeans for you.

Muahaha...

What's that brah..!

You wanna go brah..!

Not sure why I was reminded of this...

But yea...

Brah...

Wow, it's almost like I somehow accidently went to 9gag.

To be fair though...

Zero-ing and range estimation was discussed...

Along with the difference in rounds round and their effects on the bullet trajectories...

With the video proof...

And as usual once business is settles...

We play...