Sign in to follow this  
LashUberAlles

Why do people stream snipe?

Im honestly just questioning why people stream snipe? I guess gear would be the only reason. My story is this : I was streaming a new character so noobs could see how i play (im an experienced player) i slowly gather gear, a winchester, ammo, food/drinks. After racking up 2 kills on some noisy guys in Cherno i get fired apon by a TERRIBLE sniper, misses around 4 or so shots on me, so i flank around to find them. What i run into is a group of 2 or so people 500 meters out. As im sneaking around them i see in my stream chat (which had around 17 people in it talking) someone says "Sorry for the stream snipe" I casually explain to him that im not realling caring if that happens right now, as i was streaming for noobs and purposly not covering up my server info and such. After getting stream snpied around 20 minutes later they start laughing at me and such. I ban them so i don't have to worry about them again, im not even mad at all considering i purposely suicide with 60+ murders earlier today. My question is what was the point in stream sniping me? I had very minimal gear and they obviously had a DMR sniper rife it seemed as if that's what killed me. So gg to the people ruining my noob stream that people were actually enjoying and chatting in. I hope you enjoyed my winchester and some food and drink and thats about it! o.o

• Like 1

Im honestly just questioning why people stream snipe? I guess gear would be the only reason. My story is this : I was streaming a new character so noobs could see how i play (im an experienced player) i slowly gather gear, a winchester, ammo, food/drinks. After racking up 2 kills on some noisy guys in Cherno i get fired apon by a TERRIBLE sniper, misses around 4 or so shots on me, so i flank around to find them. What i run into is a group of 2 or so people 500 meters out. As im sneaking around them i see in my stream chat (which had around 17 people in it talking) someone says "Sorry for the stream snipe" I casually explain to him that im not realling caring if that happens right now, as i was streaming for noobs and purposly not covering up my server info and such. After getting stream snpied around 20 minutes later they start laughing at me and such. I ban them so i don't have to worry about them again, im not even mad at all considering i purposely suicide with 60+ murders earlier today. My question is what was the point in stream sniping me? I had very minimal gear and they obviously had a DMR sniper rife it seemed as if that's what killed me. So gg to the people ruining my noob stream that people were actually enjoying and chatting in. I hope you enjoyed my winchester and some food and drink and thats about it! o.o

Probally because you are giving them attention, and they just love to annoy people.

dont show what server your playing one?

Did you not read what i put? I wasent playing seriously at all. The stream was completely for the noobs to watch how i start up and have a place to ask me questions and such. I even mentioned multiple times in my stream that i didn't really care if someone wants to kill me with the gear i have. I didn't even make me mad im just asking whats the point of doing it to someone that has no gear, and just trying to help out some noobs? I have stuff set up to block stream snipers, i just didn't have them up for the fact of i didn't really care at the time. If i had my good gear hell yes i would be covering up my info!

Because people on the internet are assholes who enjoy watching the world burn. Anyone who hasn't learned this by now is either new the internet or just plain naive.

• Like 2

Because people on the internet are assholes who enjoy watching the world burn. Anyone who hasn't learned this by now is either new the internet or just plain naive.

Pretty much, its not that i didn't expect it to happen, because i was honestly prepared for it. It just surprises me that someone would come all the way to elektro to kill someone with a winchester and some basic supplies. Honestly i had a hell of a fun time, killing 2 guys getting chased by zeds with assault rifles, then dodging sniper bullets going building to building was fun as hell. So its whatever, some people are just n00bs who cant kill me fairly

It's all about anonymity. When a person has anonymity, they feel like they can get away with anything. When people feel like they can get away with anything, they do the thing they couldn't do it real life without consequences. Some people say that it's better people get it out over the internet than let it leak into real life.

Pretty much, its not that i didn't expect it to happen, because i was honestly prepared for it. It just surprises me that someone would come all the way to elektro to kill someone with a winchester and some basic supplies. Honestly i had a hell of a fun time, killing 2 guys getting chased by zeds with assault rifles, then dodging sniper bullets going building to building was fun as hell. So its whatever, some people are just n00bs who cant kill me fairly

Well, when you betray them they do tend to get slightly annoyed. Then again, I wouldn't expect any less from yourself - I've seen you aborting rather than fairly fighting on the stream many times.

Well, when you betray them they do tend to get slightly annoyed. Then again, I wouldn't expect any less from yourself - I've seen you aborting rather than fairly fighting on the stream many times.

Considering i just recently started streaming DayZ regularly, ive never aborted on stream before. Yes, i have aborted to avoid zombies, im not going to lie, and yes, i have betrayed people, but stream sniping is an un legit way to kill someone and really has no point other then to make someone mad.

Could this be moved to general discussion? I just now realized this is in the completely wrong area!

There are a few Rules for people who are Streaming to follow.

- Hide the "Kill feed / Chat bare"

- Hide the little area where your name appears when you are in Gear "G"

- Hide the Debug window

- NEVER Press "I", showing the name of the server.

- Never say what server you are in on TS when a groupe is joining the Server

If a Streamer does not follow those few rules, then he deserves to die.

After all, it's their fault if thay enjoy screaming "I am here, come kill me" ... Thay are the only ones to blame.

There are a few Rules for people who are Streaming to follow.

- Hide the "Kill feed / Chat bare"

- Hide the little area where your name appears when you are in Gear "G"

- Hide the Debug window

- NEVER Press "I", showing the name of the server.

- Never say what server you are in on TS when a groupe is joining the Server

If a Streamer does not follow those few rules, then he deserves to die.

After all, it's their fault if thay enjoy screaming "I am here, come kill me" ... Thay are the only ones to blame.

Obviously people dont get the point of this thread AT ALL

Your breaking one of the server rules by banning them just for sniping -.-