Kaeke

Chat problem

Hi there, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask for help but i'm completely lost.

I don't even know whether this is only in the dayz mod or arma 2 itself but basically I can't see any chat whatsoever, in the first 1 or 2 games i was able to see the group chat and direct chat when i was close to people but now whatever I try to do i can't see any chat anymore I frequently play with a friend and I ensure that im always right next to other players when I type in direct chat they can see my chat fine and I can see my own but i'm not recieving any chat back there's just nothing there all I get is the player deaths and the battleye messages and my own chat.I have searched both the arma, steam and dayz forums extensively to find no other issue of this nature please help :(

Are you sure your friend is also using direct chat? Seems odd to me you'd see your own messages as well as messages from the server, but none from players...

Yep positive as we have to talk over steam when it doesn't work =/ and tell me about it, it seems im the only person in the world with this problem verging on trying to get a refund :(, if it helps i see a couple of group chat messages before the loading screen just the ingame commands but after that it's just blank

Well, I'm at work right now or I'd hop on a server with you to test it myself cause I seriously feel like it's a weird issue, especially cause you still see the other messages. xP

You could try reinstalling the entire thing, it'd be your best bet at fixing this I reckon. Unless it's an issue with either the person you were communicating with or with the server you were on. If you're going to be around when I get home (in like 5 or 6 hours), I'd be willing to give see if we can get it working on my server.

Thanks for the concern mate, I have tried reinstalling everything as well i'm beginning to think it might be something to do with my system i've pretty much lost hope now ehe :(

Add me on steam or Skype and we can try it in a bit, in a lil over 3 hours i should be online @ home.

Steam: NaturezForce

I've got exactly the same, been like this for ages.

Basicly it's like this....

I can sent Direct Chat Messages and they recieve them, yet i can't recieve them from them... nor Voice messages.

I'd love to see this problem fixed, since there are hundreds of people with this problem.

Edited by Avariel

I've got exactly the same, been like this for ages.

Basicly it's like this....

I can sent Direct Chat Messages and they recieve them, yet i can't recieve them from them... nor Voice messages.

I'd love to see this problem fixed, since there are hundreds of people with this problem.

got the same problem as well :( totally ruins half the gameplay experience =/

Bump again nice to see it's a problem experienced by others let us all know if you find a solution :)

Been looking all over the place, but nobody seems to respond... nor have solutions.

I just hope someone experienced knows what to do.

Just to help: It aint about the Firewall, Aint the version the server or you are running, Aint the Installation.

And i'm fully out of clue's what to do or search for now

So I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago and the response I got was "The current version of DayZ does not have chat enabled." I'm not seeing the help here haha :(

Yeah same here, kind of sucks. If the official respond is "The current version of DayZ does not have chat enabled" like you say, then I guess there's nothing we can do about it aside from hoping it's enabled one day.

It's not disabled though as others can see my chat just fine >.<

I also cannot see anyone else's direct chat, nor have i ever heard anyones direct voice chat. But i have confirmed that ppl can see my chat thru skype with a friend. Dunno what the problem with direct chat is? I have the six updater so i know i have the latest beta...

Same problem here and it's becoming a complete game-breaker. I can also verify that this is not a firewall issue, installation issue, or an issue of me being too stupid to hit , a couple times to get to the correct chat channel...