ryahn

HFB Customers - Please Read

I am only looking to get answers from customers who are currently with HFB. I do not want any flaming, bashing or anything negative towards HFB. I am trying to get a general idea of how many of our servers are having a Hive issues. We believe that this error is the cause of all the lag and desync on the servers.

Now on to business. All the customers who have sloted servers, not dedicated. I need you to check your arma2oaserver.RPT for these lines

Server: Update of object xxxxxx arrived from nonowner

Server: Network message xxxxxxx is pending

No player found for channel xxxxxxx - message ignored

If you have these, please make a ticket and attach it to the ticket. The ticket title will need to be Hive Error Text

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by Ryahn

If you have these, please make a ticket and attach it to the ticket.

The following errors occurred:

• The file you tried to upload is not allowed.

Where u add attachments below it lists allowed file types...

(Allowed File Extensions: .jpg,.gif,.jpeg,.png)

Would prob help to allow us to attach the file that u want

Edited by Torndeco

The following errors occurred:

• The file you tried to upload is not allowed.

Where u add attachments below it lists allowed file types...

(Allowed File Extensions: .jpg,.gif,.jpeg,.png)

Would prob help to allow us to attach the file that u want

Sorry about that. It should be enabled now.

I would also like to state that we have tested servers in multiple datacenters on all types of hardware. After a result of that testing we noticed only the servers that displayed those errors over and over had bad lag and de-sync. The ones that did not display it or displayed it on small occasions ran smooth as silk. It seems that the servers are not getting all the data back from the HIVE and its causing well the issues you see.

This is only a result of a few hours of testing but it seems to line up pretty well with the issues we have been having. We are gonna see what the dev team says about it as well its is a very serious issue we are having with our servers. From the few people i have spoke to this (non dev team) they have suspected the HIVE being overloaded, which i am not sure is the case or not, just gotta see what they say.

Our server is having the issues. We do not have those lines in our arma2oaserver.RPT

Our server is having the issues. We do not have those lines in our arma2oaserver.RPT

Same my server is having dysnc issues but im not seeing the lines in my server.RPT ;)

I'm having all three error messages but I've just read my emails now.

After extensive testing, and extensive communication between HFB and the dev team we believe we may have found the cause of the server lag. The fix is a bit complicated so you need to do a very specific task which i will detail below.

1. Stop your server

2. Open up the text editor for the server.cfg

3. Make any change to it, the best way is to simply add test to one of the motd lines

4. Hit the save button then start your server.

5. Verify you can join your server and start playing.

6. Feel free to keep the test line or remove it, that is up to you.

7. If all went right enjoy a lag free server.

Once you have done the following your server should hopefully be running the updated files that contain the fix. We are about 90% sure this will fix most of the issues we have been having with the servers. I will still however be going through servers manually making other required fixes that go along with this so if your server is randomly stopped that is why. With this fix in place we should be running just as good as we were when we first started hosting servers.

Please feel free to re paste this email onto the forums if you feel the need. I know many people do not check their emails often. I will be making an official response post about these changes if we get positive feedback about these changes.

Thanks

Anthony

Ryan,

Please read my latest ticket. The issue is when the server was reset , all the config files were also reset (I had to reset them) and instance ID's were taken out - for example template = "dayz_.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE.

Should be:

template = "dayz_821.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE.

Thats ALL that needs to happen to get these servers up and running..

Cheers.

My server has lagged / desync all weekend. The script.log file does not seem to be writing anything at all. Its still at a size of 0 and that template line on my server is:

template = "dayz_797.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE. - Its not 821

I do not have the lines referenced in the 1st post only appeared once:

5:45:53 Server: Update of object 48:82 arrived from nonowner

Edited by Ski

I did not create a new ticket, since I already had a ticket open for this (#913828) and instead added a reply referencing this thread. Hoping to get this fixed as well as I'm fairly sure this is my main issue.

Same my server is having dysnc issues but im not seeing the lines in my server.RPT ;)
Ryan, Please read my latest ticket. The issue is when the server was reset , all the config files were also reset (I had to reset them) and instance ID's were taken out - for example template = "dayz_.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE. Should be: template = "dayz_821.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE. Thats ALL that needs to happen to get these servers up and running.. Cheers.
My server has lagged / desync all weekend. The script.log file does not seem to be writing anything at all. Its still at a size of 0 and that template line on my server is: template = "dayz_797.Chernarus"; //DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE. - Its not 821 I do not have the lines referenced in the 1st post only appeared once: 5:45:53 Server: Update of object 48:82 arrived from nonowner

Please make a ticket and either I or another staff member will get to it.

I did not create a new ticket, since I already had a ticket open for this (#913828) and instead added a reply referencing this thread. Hoping to get this fixed as well as I'm fairly sure this is my main issue.

I am looking into your ticket now.

No such entries on my arma2oaserver.rpt

I've replied to my ticket #40991

We have also rolled out a new install in the TCAdmin. You will be able to install DayZ 1.7.2.3 + Beta 95208 + BE 1.61.9xxxxx

just join your servers guys!!! All the servers including mine is working great now. Dont know what they did but they are. Make sure you grab there new update in the control panel fixed my server. now i have no issues at all

just join your servers guys!!! All the servers including mine is working great now. Dont know what they did but they are. Make sure you grab there new update in the control panel fixed my server. now i have no issues at all

Great to hear

My server doesn't really have desync issues, but after it fills up / runs for more than 1 hour, it takes 10 minutes to join a game, some times longer. The waiting for character to create and loading screens take ages.

My server doesn't really have desync issues, but after it fills up / runs for more than 1 hour, it takes 10 minutes to join a game, some times longer. The waiting for character to create and loading screens take ages.

I will look into it, but I believe that its a hive issue since it trying to load characters.

Has anyone determined the cause for ghillie/camo suits not working and L85s getting chomped on login? I've seen servers with the latest patch/hive work flawlessly with these two aspects, yet I still have issues with desync (NULL character once you put the ghillie/camo on) and L85 AWS getting deleted from player inventories.

Edited by kaeus3

Also, zombies aren't despawning after someone dies on my server. They just stand still and won't aggro even if you run up to them

Also, zombies aren't despawning after someone dies on my server. They just stand still and won't aggro even if you run up to them

If you have a ticket open, please PM me your ticket number

Go to my control panel and the only available option in "updates" shows "installed".

I didn't do anything. HFB installed this?

Anyway after this fix? As long as you are not wearing camo you can connect to the server. If you have camo/ghille, you cannot join. If you put camo on after joining and you save and rejoin you lose your camo and equipment, including back pack.

Still broken. How about a clean install? I mean damn.

TICKET #409911

Confirmed on our server as well. Camo / Ghillie suits not working, you cannot join the server if you have it on, characters do not save.

Still have a ticket in #293473, I did a fresh update.

Edited by Phisher

Just so you guys know the new patch is not out. Ghillie suits and cammo's are gone until at least Wednesday according to Rocket. He said either Wednesday, Thursday, or Monday. He will not patch on Friday (smart man).