Sign in to follow this  
Plebiscite

Killed by hackers?

Ok, seriously I've died so many times to hackers, and most of the time I shrug it off and I can live with it. (mostly because it happens like once a week or so.) Well I've died 4 times in the past two days to hackers, tonight I just died to a guy who teleported me into debug 30 minutes after I had been farting around the map minding my own business. The problem was, I didn't just lose an m4 or some easy to replace stuff. I lost a SVD Camo, L85AWS, I had everything even a ghillie suit. I'm tired of this shit, I'm tired of busting my ass to find my gear and then lose it to hackers, until something is done I'll be duping my gear and hiding it around the maps in tents so when I die to hackers I can go back and get it. I don't mind a death to a player who plays "properly", that's fine and I pat them on the back for killing me properly. I have never one time combat logged or intentionally cheated at this game, but I'm so fed up with finding great loot and losing it to cheaters. Until they are dealt with properly I'm going to do what I have to in order to keep my gear safe from such players.

Sorry Rocket, you made a great mod and I enjoy it so much. I love this game to death, it is one of my favorite games in a LONG long time. I just can't deal with the cheaters who do nothing but harm the game, and get away with it. Punish me for duping items if you must, but I see no need in continuing to go out and re-find the SAME gear 100x over because a hacker kills me. I'll quote what I said above, "I don't mind a death to a player who plays properly, that's fine and I pat them on the back for killing me "properly"."

Sorry again for the lengths I've been forced to, but I see no other way to keep myself from hating this game. I would NEVER go to these lengths if this wasn't as big of an issue as it is, but hackers get what they want and they do what they want. Players like me who play fair and have played for months get shit on by hackers non-stop and have no clear sight of this issue being fixed anywhere in the near future.

• Like 1

I figure that until the exploits that make this possible are patched up by the dev team, server operators and players could perhaps attempt to log the IDs of the offending players so that a formal black list can be created and applied to each server's list of banned players. It won't prevent the problem entirely, but it should subjugate the known exploiters and prevent further attempts by them, at least reducing the number of attacks that take place until a better solution is established.

What do you think?

EDIT:

I'm suggesting this because obviously the development team has better things to do with their time than to go through cheating accusations and adding names to the global list, so perhaps a community-powered sub-list could be established, in essence incorporating a publicly contributed to, self-moderating black list, which could be utilized by server operators at their discretion, at least until this influx of cheating players either subsides, or is better dealt with.

Edited by Alopex
  • Like 1

see the problem is arma engine. 90% of it is ran client side. You can pretty much script the game to do what ever you want. Oh and battle eye? NOPE.... you can disable battle eye from detecting any of your actions. i know this because i have seen it with my own two eyes. i don't own arma 2 or play dayz. I figured i would haunt the forums until a standalone more secure version is released. I am itching with every ounce of my being to play. After what i have seen i really don't want to deal with the hacks.

More you talk about hackers more people will hack. They are like 5 year old's just looking for attention. Every thread like this probably creates 3 hackers just to hear you complain. 95% of hackers would go away if idiots like you did not give them the attention they are craving.

More you talk about hackers more people will hack. They are like 5 year old's just looking for attention. Every thread like this probably creates 3 hackers just to hear you complain. 95% of hackers would go away if idiots like you did not give them the attention they are craving.

Sorry but you are very much incorrect. A person hacks to see if they can. not to get attention. Its like having a dealership sold sports car. First thing you do is see how fast you can drive it. Next step add aftermarket parts, drive it faster. Final step make it not even street legal anymore. Point is there will always be hackers. All that needs to be is make it harder to achieve. Most people will give up and move on. Battle eye is a joke of a anti cheat software. Anything that can be disabled client side is bad...

• Like 1

Sorry but you are very much incorrect. A person hacks to see if they can. not to get attention. Its like having a dealership sold sports car. First thing you do is see how fast you can drive it. Next step add aftermarket parts, drive it faster. Final step make it not even street legal anymore. Point is there will always be hackers. All that needs to be is make it harder to achieve. Most people will give up and move on. Battle eye is a joke of a anti cheat software. Anything that can be disabled client side is bad...

No your the one that is wrong. Why do people by sports cars. Because they are in community consider "cool" they get ATTENTION. People notice them. People notice people driving them faster. Yes the original hackers the 5% i noticed do it as a challenge. Why shit like hooking up rice burners was not done for like 20 years (with the parts available) until movies like Fast and Furious and it rap videos it became "cool" Fact is 95% of hackers are not the ones that actual did the hack they just use hacks other create. These are the most common and the ones that people have issues. They are the ones that do it to hear chat cry. Also why more hacks happen on servers with chat then without. Also why usually high volume servers with most people to piss off are targeted. The 5% hacks it to prove they can, get's bored moves on to next game. Sandbox highly mod game is not even much of a challenge for them. They would much prefer to move onto high DRM games.

Idiots like you are just as big of a problem as the hackers. You are the Fuel to the fire.

GingerNinja on Server US124 no spaces has been hacking all night killing everyone instantly. I saw his name just before I died a few times.

Hacking has been running rampant all day and night today. Lost all my gear to assholes hacking servers. May put DayZ on th shelf for a bit until this can be sorted. The Alt+F4 thing was bad enough but, now this too? Seems there's new "tools" that lets all the tools "hack" servers.

Totally ruins the game.

• Like 1

I figure that until the exploits that make this possible are patched up by the dev team, server operators and players could perhaps attempt to log the IDs of the offending players so that a formal black list can be created and applied to each server's list of banned players. It won't prevent the problem entirely, but it should subjugate the known exploiters and prevent further attempts by them, at least reducing the number of attacks that take place until a better solution is established.

What do you think?

EDIT:

I'm suggesting this because obviously the development team has better things to do with their time than to go through cheating accusations and adding names to the global list, so perhaps a community-powered sub-list could be established, in essence incorporating a publicly contributed to, self-moderating black list, which could be utilized by server operators at their discretion, at least until this influx of cheating players either subsides, or is better dealt with.

The problem with this idea is, if a player who doesn't cheat gets accused and added to this list they could be banned and they would be screwed. So a good idea but it leaves the power in the hands of the community and for those of us who played LoL at all, we know how bad of an idea that can be.

Yes, so instead of trying to pressure the dev's to at minimum make an attempt to fix this issue, lets roll over and die. You are the kind of person who just gets beat up in school and lives with it, because if you fight back you might get beaten up again. Wake up, that's not how the world works and I for one don't plan to just settle. I want something done, I'll do it myself if the dev team wont (by duping my items). If they want to kill me now, they get nothing out of it, I no longer get affected by them because I will just go to my tent on BFE Server # and get my loot back in 5 seconds and re-dupe it so if it happens again I can just do it all over again. This is not right nor is it a permanent fix, but its better than just rolling over. gtfo of here you quitter, your attitude is an infection this community doesn't need one more second of.

Secondly, you and your "statistics" of 3 hackers and 95% just shows your ignorance. People like to throw made up statistics out there to make themselves seem smarter or like an authority on a topic. Newsflash champ, you aren't a "hacker authority" you aren't smarter than anyone, you're just a puss that is willing to bend over and let them stick it in. Man up and grow a pair and do something to help the community combat the problem with hackers instead of saying, "just let them do it, they'll stop sooner or later" or go away we don't need you. This is ALPHA for a reason, we need to find ways to fix these issues before they are set in stone on release.

Edited by Plebiscite

The problem with this idea is, if a player who doesn't cheat gets accused and added to this list they could be banned and they would be screwed. So a good idea but it leaves the power in the hands of the community and for those of us who played LoL at all, we know how bad of an idea that can be.

While that is entirely plausible, the recent popularity of malicious exploits remains the greater concern.

Such a system would require the convergence of several server ban lists, the cooperation of the server administrators and, in accordance with the point that you've raised, mediation of ban requests, probably by the server admins also, as they'll have a mutual interest in maintaining an accurate non-biased record. After all, with access to server logs, the relevant information regarding the conduct of any particular player can be located and assessed. It would be a fair system in theory, the only problem that I can fathom is the (potentially) large contribution of time required from the administrators taking part.

If anyone else can come up with something better, or any other potential problems with this idea, that'd be great.

Food for thought.

Edited by Alopex
  • Like 1

While that is entirely plausible, the recent popularity of malicious exploits remains the greater concern.

Such a system would require the convergence of several server ban lists, the cooperation of the server administrators and, in accordance with the point that you've raised, mediation of ban requests, probably by the server admins also, as they'll have a mutual interest in maintaining an accurate non-biased record. After all, with access to server logs, the relevant information regarding the conduct of any particular player can be located and assessed. It would be a fair system in theory, the only problem that I can fathom is the (potentially) large contribution of time required from the administrators taking part.

If anyone else can come up with something better, or any other potential problems with this idea, that'd be great.

Food for thought.

I love the idea in theory, if people could have unbiased opinions this would be the best thing since sliced bread. The issue comes down to they wont, and that I doubt server admins are willing to devote this much of their time to handling the "hacker" situation. The other issue at hand here is, there seems to be no other alternative to the current problem. Your idea seems to be the very first and also the very last plausible solution that the community is going to come up with, until DayZ Dev team gets involved more seriously.

Feel your pain, lost a M240 and a M14 (best gear I have ever gotten) to a guy who just emptied a ak at me from close range 10 sec after I logged into a server with only one other person on (and chances of him just happening to be in a forest south of Gorka at the same time as me...)