rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

RE: Body temp

Why not have additonal clothing, coats etc. loot that could be found and worn?

Isn't that what most of us do when it is cold outside, wear a coat??

Went into an NL server (belgian resident), and the fps was fine. After that I went into 2 US servers and a Russian one, and I got a whopping 5-6fps! :D

Funny reading about the FPS and performance drops, when the inventory system was altered to boost performance... Then there's unrealistic issues with the temperature system (what a surprise) Hope another hotfix is released soon (asap), as this sounds ridiculous and reasonably game breaking.

Didn't check if anyone else has asked this already but here I go

Is anyone else experiencing horrid FPS lag on most of the servers, specially daytime servers? The FPS drops to like 10 after patching, it's quite horrible, gives a headache. My friends had the same issue.

Thought I'd mention it... if anyone has answers, please tell me :)

I too have had the strange fps drop. I played for quite a while and noticed generally improved performance with respect to 1.5.7. Then, I died and respawned, and suddenly I got just a few frames a second. I alt-tabbed and saw that my CPU was at close to 100% usage.

I quit and restarted ARMA 2, and the problem did not return.

Funny reading about the FPS and performance drops' date=' when the inventory system was altered to boost performance... Then there's unrealistic issues with the temperature system (what a surprise) Hope another hotfix is released soon (asap), as this sounds ridiculous and reasonably game breaking.

[/quote']

In worst case scenario we know something will come on Thursday, that's when Rocket said he'll be removing bandit skins and hopefully (I'm just assuming on this part as it's guilty by association with the bandit removal) adding the skin loot system.

Regarding the FPS drop, it was really weird. The first time I launched the new patch, it ran crisp and fine. The next time I launched the game, maybe 2 hours later, it was FUCKED. Really bad FPS. I thought it was just my computer being naughty until I hit the forums today.

Same situation here.

It run well then I was killed and then it was like 5 fps. I even thinked about virus invasion.

But no restarting client and it run well again.

Although I notice occasionaly drops in efficiency.

Patch is great. I'd suggest that you increase the number of zombies, and decrease re-spawn rate. And make antibiotics more common, and decrease temp drop rate. And have less loot spawning.

Since patch 1.5.8.2 i can no longer place tents... i have tried really open, flat clearings with nothing around, it should work because i had a tent there before...

Anyone else having this problem? will there be a fix?

It took ages finding the second tent, and no we can't place it..

loot is not refreshing??? restarted the server, looted militairy camp, came back hour later and all the same items were still there.

even my dropped weapon

I've been playing for 4 hours. I searched half of the map and I found tons of wood but no matches. Is this some kind of joke? Where is the matches? Now I've got flu in the middle of summer. This is ridiculous.

Tents are broken. You can't set them up. I spent a good 2 hours trying to put one up with no luck. I even went to NE airfield.... probably the flattest and most obstruction free zone in the map and still couldn't put it down.

yes ponds still bugged, stick to coke cans. also respawn rates are insane. cleared a small village, ran bout 300 m away to kill the last zeds following me, ran back, whole village populated again.

Are ponds still bugged? I'm using 1.5.8.2 and lost all my gear while trying to fill a canteen.

Ponds working OK for me, filled up twice by the edge of the water and both times were fine.

I have successfully filled my canteen in ponds and water pumps. You have to refill by using the gear section. Right click canteen, left click option to fill.

Yeah, having to swim to shoulder level water in a pond to fill up your canteen is pretty hardcore realism.

If you're one of those guys who pulls your pants down around your ankles to piss in a urinal...

So how deep do you have to go to refill using the right click method? Can you do it from the shore? Ankle deep? Clearly swimming is not the way to go as I'm currently staring at a bunch of cans of beans floating on the surface. . . .

On another note, how do you take stuff from outhouses? I walk right up to the loot, but nothing ever appears in the "gear" menu and the only action I can preform from the context menu is to open and close the door.

So how deep do you have to go to refill using the right click method? Can you do it from the shore? Ankle deep? Clearly swimming is not the way to go as I'm currently staring at a bunch of cans of beans floating on the surface. . . .

On another note' date=' how do you take stuff from outhouses? I walk right up to the loot, but nothing ever appears in the "gear" menu and the only action I can preform from the context menu is to open and close the door.

[/quote']

You can refill from the waters edge, if you walk into the water slightly, about 1 foot into it you should be given the option to refill.

For outhouses, you should see what's available on the left side of the gear menu, if nothing appears, try walking away from it and going back.

You can refill from the waters edge' date=' if you walk into the water slightly, about 1 foot into it you should be given the option to refill.

[/quote']

I have never been able to fill water in a pond without going deep enough to start swimming, ever. Once it let me do it at about waist deep in the ocean.

I've tried everything, ducking, different angles, moving the mouse around, to no avail.