rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

Rocket - please send me your paypal account details so I can wire you the money for a beer.

You've definitely earned it buddy!

DayZ in generell and 1.5.7 is a blast and i hope 1.5.8.2 will be a blast, too. I will try it in the afternoon. Still working :(.

Rocket, what you´ve done is the best I´ve ever seen since S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Don´t get me wrong, it´s because I loved this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. feeling and the knowing, that the next step could be your last. Very good work, keep it up.

Regards from Germany

TR!PLE

My guess is zombie spawn rate have been increased. Not sure but I killed 88 zombies in 10 minutes in a small town and they kept on spawning. This is sick. And I guess rocket know exactly what hes doing, I mean I think he wants us dead, ahah.

And I guess I should be complaining and all, but hell I survived 100 zombies maybe, 2 hordes of 20-30 fast running ones, used 6 winchester mags, had a broken leg and 5000 blood... And when I finally made it to safety I almost fell in tears... this was freaking intense man ! thank u rocket :)

All in all, it's not bad. It's not bad at all. You have to be fully loaded of bandages, morphine, mags, painkillers and think even more before shooting at zeds. You have to know the place, be fast and aim carefully. When the horde comes in, with 30 or more zombies you have to check you have enough ammo and don't waste it. Other way you're clearly dead. Which is a good thing.

1. Superfast zeds being near impossible to shoot tll they're in your face.

2: There's x zeds around a place and you decide to take them out...but your first couple shots suddenly spawn 20 more zeds???? Doesn't seem to happen everywhere but major issue in some places.

3: Food and Water level going down very unrealistically fast. Can see having to eat up to 5 times during a 12 hour day MAX considering we're consuming an entire canteen and or beef steak/can of beens. Having to eat 10 times in 9 to 10 times in a 12 to 13 hr day = nuts.

+1. And I'd bother to mention that getting starved and dehydrated while being offline is also really really stupid. Like super-duper stupid. It kinda forces you to play more often and spend more time finding food, which is bullshit for online games.

About the temperature. It has problems like:

- at night, it drops even if you run like hell;

- during the day, if you don't move, it still drops, even if sun is shining.

Also, I was at the hospital today, shot 7 bullets from my Colt 1911 into the glass, and it didn't broke, so I had to go up to the roof trying to find some meds. What the hell?

+1. And I'd bother to mention that getting starved and dehydrated while being offline is also really really stupid. Like super-duper stupid. It kinda forces you to play more often and spend more time finding food, which is bullshit for online games.

You know "Tamagotchi"? :)

...getting starved and dehydrated while being offline is also really really stupid. Like super-duper stupid.

I agree, I think this has to change eventually. (but whenever you get time, Rocket, you've done an incredible job so far, get some sleep man)

I can't think of an argument for why you should be getting hungry and thirsty while offline that doesn't also then support the idea that zeds should be able to eat you while you're offline. Why not demand a bandage the moment you log in, every time you log in? If you're in a state where you're digestive system is active, the zed's digestive systems should also be active, and they should be nibbling on your ankles.

+1. And I'd bother to mention that getting starved and dehydrated while being offline is also really really stupid. Like super-duper stupid. It kinda forces you to play more often and spend more time finding food' date=' which is bullshit for online games.[/quote']

You know "Tamagotchi"? :)

Yes I do. I actually had few when I was a kid. But they're made for kids who don't need to go to work, can carry it around everywhere and all the time. Also, Tamagotchi doesn't require ARMA2 and internet connection.

I'm an old time online gamer, and this feature is a pure bullshit.

It´s your opinion and it´s ok. For me it´s challenging :) ... I´m scared, when I think ´bout the next vacation ... I mean, when I go to Mallorca next time ;) Who looks after my char? I´ve got to get a char-sitter :)

Yes I do. I actually had few when I was a kid. But they're made for kids who don't need to go to work' date=' can carry it around everywhere and all the time. Also, Tamagotchi doesn't require ARMA2 and internet connection.

I'm an old time online gamer, and this feature is a pure bullshit.

[/quote']

Woha there!

People keep forgetting that this is a "Alpha". There is no need to get all angry and stuff because of things like that. It's a free mod, you haven't paid for it, so sit down, relax and just wait for the new set of frequently released patches and hotfixes.

Why did you f$@k up the eating :(. Was it just because the f@#%ing noobs that do not know how to play arma

Does this patch reset your location to the coast?

Also does having a tent benefit in anyway in terms of temp?

/noob questions

I don't mind the new/experimental features or even the currently broken zombies (seem to be respawning WAY faster than before even though the patch was supposed to reduce it) but the sooner you can hotfix the FPS problems lots of people are having the better!

Can anyone tell me how the FUCK to eat/drink? I've got water/food but it gives me no option to eat it, I can't exactly spend the time running around trying to figure it out since both are flashing red so i'm literally dying due to the BS decrease in offline.

I'm sure once I work this out it'll be fine.

For some reason I cannot place tents no matter how flat the area is :S

Without having tried the patch yet, I congratulate the change of inventory interaction. With this new feature, I as a player are more in control of what I do; i.e before I couldn't control whether I drank from a soda or a waterbottle in the inventory when choosing "drink water". Now it seems I have control of what I eat/drink by just incteracting with the correct item, and not necessarily the object that is further up in the inventory list.

Also, quite often in hectic situations I chose an incorrect action in the fast scroll menu; when I needed to bandage myself, I accidently chose "Eat" instead... This way it might take a split second longer to execute the correct action, but a better control seems to me is more important.

I'd also like to jump in with the tent placing bug. I don't know if anyone has been able to place in the new patch but I've seen a couple people saying they can't place and I've tried and couldn't either.

Excellent mod. Keep it up Rocket.

I had the same with the tent, but didn´t recognize it as bug, because I´ve been in the deep woods, flat place but surounded by trees. Maybe I/you have to try it on a lonesome road, only "try".

Thanks for the hotfix :D

The water bottle now works at ponds, that's great to see as I've just filled up.

I did join one server and got an error message, I am missing cga.main file, the first server I joined the screen was flashing to black and then back to the game, it did this continually until I left a few seconds later, I got the same error message on another server but no black screen at all and I played for around 2 hours.

I'm also seeing this error message too, only once during the 2 hour game and never reappeared:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560942235956459111/D4B0F32B2B7FCE6FDBA70F4FAA286CDCEC094BF7/

Haven't being able to try this new update as it is now unplayable due to a massive drop in framerate. On older version servers, say 1.5.8.1, framerate is fine but on 1.5.8.2, it is around 10FPS.

You know,

It would save tons of frustration for the devs if players would make the time to read the changelog or forums(where the changelog appeared this time) while downloading the files.

* Water IS refillable at water edges now, since actually submerging into the water would lower body temperatures. Just make sure the canteen is on your person and not in your pack, open gear, right click the canteen, left click the option to refill.

* Starving and thirsting offline was removed several patches ago. Out of a way to compromise, if you are offline for the amount of time you would have needed food/water, you will need to eat/drink once you log on, but it does not go beyond that. You lose no blood, and nothing is removed from your gear.

1- 50~60 FPS for me.

2- Tent had been placed without problems for me, simply right click from gear.

3- Same as two for the match box

4- Little less bugs/lag with zombies running, BUT they respawn too faster (while you are still clearing a city or an airfield, they spawn again)

5- At the end, we've got a nice release with already a fix (thanks to rocket);

6- Little bug: i was a bandit BEFORE the 1.5.8 and yesterday and today i spawn back as bandit. Also after a death.

7- It's thursday, and we are all waiting for "suit change" implementation :P

I have one question about the right click to use items.

Have the hitbox for the barbed wires been made larger or is it still so difficult ?

Because now, if we can't use the toolbox by the scroll menu, it means you can't know when you are able to cut the barbed wires.

And the hitbox for that is ridiculously small. A few pixels at best. so if you can't move while watching your gear, it makes removing barbed wires technically impossible.

Haven't being able to try this new update as it is now unplayable due to a massive drop in framerate. On older version servers' date=' say 1.5.8.1, framerate is fine but on 1.5.8.2, it is around 10FPS.

[/quote']

Someone ingame mentioned they tweaked the viewing distance so it's doubled now. May be the cause of the fps drops, so I put the distance to half of what I used to have and the fps was better.

I haven't found any patch notes about this though so can't confirm it :o