rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

Awesome new updates, Rocket. Losing the skin morph is how it should be, and vs the environment heightens the decision-making paranoia we all love about DayZ. Superb work. :)

Its a complex matrix:

Increase

- Moving (faster = more)

- Fire (very large increase)

- Inside Building

- Sunshine (midday = most)

Decrease

- Night (little)

- Raining (lots)

- Wind (some)

- Water (HEAPS)

from the: The One, The Only: I HATE TEMP THREAD

That build is clearly a step forward, I noticed a nice increase of performance. I really like the new inventory system, only anoying thing is to pitch a tent or make a fire, I used to spam the scroll menu until it worked, now this is not possible anymore... Why not make the tent/fire placement system more permissive ?

I can't seem to update my install... trying to install over sixupdater, and it isn't working.

Clarification: I'm trying to update my install, on top of the update that six updater did for 1.5.8.1

Came to report back, WOWOWOW what a Performance Increase, and a drop in GPU Use. Wonderful patch! Beers and Pizza on me tonight Rocket!

Forgot to include on build notes....

You can now place fireplaces anywhere.

THANK YOU BASED ROCKET

Only need that for Tents too :)

BASED ROCKET PLEASE FUCK MY BITCH #BASED #SWAG

antibiotics (rarely) spawn at hospitals and field tents I believe

question: The bandit skins are removed, but will killing people with negative humanity lower your own humanity, or count as a bandit kill? How will that work? Is humanity just frozen? I only ask because I don't really want to "test" it out

Thanks for the hot-fixes. One issue I am having is that I can't place tents. I managed it before near some trees on a slope, now I can't do it in the middle of an open flat field. Possible contributing factors:

I got the tent in v 1.5.7, and placed in before the patch then removed it again. It was in my backpack when the patches went on the server, now I can't place it via the right click menu in 1.5.8.2. I get the "must be flat with no objects" message, but the area couldn't be flatter or further from objects.

This man is FAST!!!

Rocket is too fast for his own good.

Oh you want to start a fire?

Not flat enough here too many objects there. Oh wait there's an open field! Yes! There you go! Now you may get that fire going so EVERYONE and the mother can see you!

(Actually now that I type this it actually does sound like it should be back in. Now people have places to hide with their cozy little fires! Hehe.)

Seriously though, cheers for the fix.

I seem to keep getting a "You were kicked off the game" error every time I try to join. Anyone know a solution? I'm pretty sure i updated everything correctly. (I used the Day Z Updater)

pitching tents seems to be broken.. couldnt even pitch a tent on a road.

EDIT: it also seems that I am not the only one suffering from this:

Thanks for the hot-fixes. One issue I am having is that I can't place tents. I managed it before near some trees on a slope' date=' now I can't do it in the middle of an open flat field. Possible contributing factors:

I got the tent in v 1.5.7, and placed in before the patch then removed it again. It was in my backpack when the patches went on the server, now I can't place it via the right click menu in 1.5.8.2. I get the "must be flat with no objects" message, but the area couldn't be flatter or further from objects.

[/quote']

Also I liked it more when I could use mouse scroll to use bandage, pitch a tent, take morphine etc. now when I try to find the perfect spot for tent, it takes too many clicks :(

EDIT2: also I can use bandage etc even when I dont need it.

Please O PLEASE change how you can use items, its pointless uncalled and broken change on the current system. I am reffering to bandangs, water, food, etc please just leave it like it was prior to the current system because there was absolutely nothing wrong before. Right click on items does nothing.

pitching tents seems to be broken.. couldnt even pitch a tent on a road.

EDIT: it also seems that I am not the only one suffering from this:

Thanks for the hot-fixes. One issue I am having is that I can't place tents. I managed it before near some trees on a slope' date=' now I can't do it in the middle of an open flat field. Possible contributing factors:

[/quote']

I agree. Now it is way too difficult.

Also I liked it more when I could use mouse scroll to use bandage, pitch a tent, take morphine etc. now when I try to find the perfect spot for tent, it takes too many clicks :(

Can someone explain how humanity works now that skins are gone? Is humanity still there? does it change if you shoot a person with negative humanity? how exactly does it change if it does at all

Right click does nothing for me lost a 2 day character due to it after this and have already rolled back until it is changed or alter to some a reliable degree, why was it changed to begin with? not broken do not fix it.

Having to go through your inventory to do everything just seems like pointless busy-work. I can understand allowing both the context menu AND right clicking in the inventory, but having to open your gear every time to bandage yourself is just an unnecessary step.

Can someone explain how humanity works now that skins are gone? Is humanity still there? does it change if you shoot a person with negative humanity? how exactly does it change if it does at all

The skins aren't gone, to my knowledge. That's happening on Thursday (unless plans change) from what rocket said a day or two ago.

If the bandit skin had gone, it'd be in the patch notes.

So I'm trying to figure this out because I don't know if its the beta patch for Arma itself or if its DayZ changes, but Zeds aggro way too easy now. I was 3 floors up in a pitch black building and a zed aggroed on me from out doors? If it is a change please make it go back. It's ridiculous and nigh impossible to go anywhere

The skins aren't gone' date=' to my knowledge. That's happening on Thursday (unless plans change) from what rocket said a day or two ago.

If the bandit skin had gone, it'd be in the patch notes.

[/quote']

ah yes that's right my mistake