rocket

Build 1.5.8.2 Hotfix

I see lots of people complaining about the gear system, I'm not.

You have to get used to it, for me it's a really good feature : more authentic, more intuitive to new players, adds even more to the survival aspect (reminds me of good old resident evil).

Zombie count should stay the same. It's good right now.

Zombies spawn way too fast. Let us time to clear areas, so we have choice in approaching situations (either stealth or brutal force, now brutal force often becomes lengthy combat where the only solution is to escape because zombie spawn never end)

They run a little bit too fast, and don't do enough damage. With slower speed and more damage output, combat would become far more intense that it is. Maybe make the zombie hesitate when you shoot a bullet, giving you an occasion to take the advantage.

I too yesterday experienced random fps drops now and again, from 60 to 1 fps.

Today however, no matter what I do im stuck on 10 fps, its unplayable.

I see lots of people complaining about the gear system' date=' I'm not.

You have to get used to it, for me it's a really good feature : more authentic, more intuitive to new players, adds even more to the survival aspect (reminds me of good old resident evil).

Yes! Totally reminds me of RE too, that had been bothering me since the launch of this patch, couldn't figure out why it was so familiar!

Could be an old bug but i experienced today, during a change from a bandit to a survivor in the wilds by blood reset and my gun dissapeared.

Imo all servers need 3rd person disabled. Not sure if you can force that or not? You can bypass needing to use pain killers and temp shakes with it. So it makes it kind of pointless to even include them. Being that I can't filter servers by what settings they use by default in the server browser just makes it a PITA to find hardcores. Anyway to just add filter options? I dunno...

Z spawns are crazy fast and just keep coming. I know that weapons are loud and this can be solved by not using loud ass weapons, but maybe at least increase the spawn time by a few minutes? Or maybe spawn them in the woods and they walk to towns or something...I don't know...Hehe.

Also, I'm spawning as if I have a rifle in my hand. I didn't notice this before. The character switches as though he has a rifle as well. Maybe primary weapon holding is set to default or something?

I noticed the fps drop after spawning a second time. Didn't get a fps dip at all on the first connect to the server.

Keep up the great work. Really appreciate this mod. Can't wait to see what's next. :)

WTF disable 3rd Person ? Please Not. The 1st Person mod is okay, but 3rd person is much better, You can see the environment around you, i personally only play on 3rd Person Servers.

I see lots of people complaining about the gear system' date=' I'm not.

Since when did Resident Evil's gear system become good or something to strive for? Nostalgia's a hell of a thing.

The gear system isn't really benefiting anything or making things harder. It's just changed. That begs the question, why it's changed if isn't making anything better or worse. I liked the old one mostly because I've been using that since OFP (man, it's been 11 years since OFP...) and it was intuitive after you figured out that all of the actions are chosen from the context sensitive scroll wheel menu. Why change it?

Actually the new system does have benefits. You can move things around in your pack and inventory and use them as needed without leaving the inventory screen. You can also choose to drink water from whatever source you want (canteen or pop) depending on what your needs or wants are without having to awkwardly shuffling things around and exit inventory screen just to use the right beverage (just an example). I think the new system is superior in some ways (obviously less intuitive for other things and more clicks for most things)....but ultimately more control.

While I like the new inventory system, I think bandaging yourself and taking morphine & painkillers should be available on the fly, via the scroll wheel.

Though I suppose it's a bit more realistic to have to ruffle through your bag to get your medical supplies, even in a dire situation.

Actually the new system does have benefits. You can move things around in your pack and inventory and use them as needed without leaving the inventory screen. You can also choose to drink water from whatever source you want (canteen or pop) depending on what your needs or wants are without having to awkwardly shuffling things around and exit inventory screen just to use the right beverage (just an example). I think the new system is superior in some ways (obviously less intuitive for other things and more clicks for most things)....but ultimately more control.

I see your point and agree.

I think bandaging yourself and taking morphine & painkillers should be available on the fly' date=' via the scroll wheel.

[/quote']

I'd be satisfied with both of the systems used in conjunction since that would give people the choice to either use the context menu or the gear menu. I'm not even sure how bandaging other people works now. Sounds like a hassle if you have to get next to the other guy and then start fumbling in the gear menu. You can also now use bandages/painkillers/morphine accidentally. Not so fatal with morphine or bandages since you can cancel the animation but painkillers go pretty much as soon as you misclick.

Since when did Resident Evil's gear system become good or something to strive for? Nostalgia's a hell of a thing.

The gear system isn't really benefiting anything or making things harder. It's just changed. That begs the question' date=' why it's changed if isn't making anything better or worse. I liked the old one mostly because I've been using that since OFP (man, it's been 11 years since OFP...) and it was intuitive after you figured out that all of the actions are chosen from the context sensitive scroll wheel menu. Why change it?

[/quote']

Sorry my english is not really good, so maybe I haven't made myself clear, what I meant is that I too liked the old system, and both are great and have their own advantages and flaws, but I like a little bit better the new one, in my opinion it fits more the game design. I agree it might be awkward in some ways, but in the end does it serve or not the gameplay ? in my opinion it serves it, and comparison with resident evil was not meant to give more value to it, just expressing my feeling.

What is even more cool is that thanks to that we now can refill water without swimming.

I'm not even sure how bandaging other people works now.

Like stated by rocket, interactions with other people or object in the world still use the contextual menu, so I guess bandaging someone else works the same as before

Sorry my english is not really good' date=' so maybe I haven't made myself clear, what I meant is that I too liked the old system, and both are great and have their own advantages and flaws, but I like a little bit better the new one, in my opinion it fits more the game design. I agree it might be awkward in some ways, but in the end does it serve or not the gameplay ? in my opinion it serves it, and comparison with resident evil was not meant to give more value to it, just expressing my feeling.

What is even more cool is that thanks to that we now can refill water without swimming.

[/quote']

Yup, that's cool. Sorry for sounding hostile.

Anyone else had this problem before? I joined Chicago 20 twice today, and twice when spawning I immediately died. I saved my game normal like I always do. Not in combat, not bleeding,... and twice in a row when going to that server I die. Well, the first time I died, the second time my character fainted, and I had to wait 10 minutes until the hourglass went black. Luckily I didn't bleed, so I just continue like normal. But I'm staying the hell away from that server. It even makes me weary of non-European servers.

Man, why not get an update like 1.5.7 called it 1.5.9 while you are fixing this? Because is a pain in the ass FPS drop and retrieving data from server! Its not so complicated :(

WTF disable 3rd Person ? Please Not. The 1st Person mod is okay' date=' but 3rd person is much better, You can see the environment around you, i personally only play on 3rd Person Servers.

[/quote']

This is completely off-topic, but the reasons you give are exactly why 3rd person should be disabled. You can see the environment around you in ways in which you shouldn't -- peek around corners, view over roof, etc. Not to mention how needing painkillers doesn't affect 3rd person view. The first time I played I was surprised it wasn't disabled by default since it, IMO, is diametrically opposed to what rocket is trying to achieve with the mod.

Anyway, just my opinion. Not trying to start a flame war.

Imo all servers need 3rd person disabled. Not sure if you can force that or not? You can bypass needing to use pain killers and temp shakes with it.

Visually, yes, it bypasses... but the Crosshair in third person is in no way close to where your player is physically aiming. Find a friend, aim at his head in third person and then go into iron sights and look where you're aiming.

I also wonder if it still accounts for the shaking crosshair when you fire in third person, it might.

Anyway, there is a reason I move around in 3rd person but go into Iron Sights whenever combat kicks up.

WTF disable 3rd Person ? Please Not. The 1st Person mod is okay' date=' but 3rd person is much better, You can see the environment around you, i personally only play on 3rd Person Servers.

[/quote']

This is completely off-topic, but the reasons you give are exactly why 3rd person should be disabled. You can see the environment around you in ways in which you shouldn't -- peek around corners, view over roof, etc. Not to mention how needing painkillers doesn't affect 3rd person view. The first time I played I was surprised it wasn't disabled by default since it, IMO, is diametrically opposed to what rocket is trying to achieve with the mod.

Anyway, just my opinion. Not trying to start a flame war.

Honestly, the only reason I like third person is because it just feels nice. Plus when I'm running all over the place in the country side I like to see more than just a gun. It's going to be even better when you can see yourself with your new skin. Besides, while you don't get the shakes on your screen (maybe you should) in third person, but I'll still sure your aim is affected anyways, as I believe I've seen my small cursor in the middle of my crosshair shaking. Have to properly check next time though.

But yes, it's useful for seeing around corners, but I just justify that by being slightly limited by the games mechanics and overall restrictions. It also seems a lot more free and you're able to see more in real life than you do in FPV on this game, so it feels even more restrictive than it should be. Hoping third person stays though, it's nice, refreshing and vain lol.

Man' date=' why not get an update like 1.5.7 called it 1.5.9 while you are fixing this? Because is a pain in the ass FPS drop and retrieving data from server! Its not so complicated :(

[/quote']

You mean a rollback? It's probably not possible anymore at this point.

Looks like another night of Diablo 3 for me.

Seems like it its now impossible to defend yourself against a horde inside a town; new zombies spawn before the last one alive has walked inside the building you defend, thus creating an infinite loop and a mountain of bodies - until you run out of ammo or log out.

Also, new zombies spawning near the player is a definite no-no. It makes it impossible to plan ahead for sneaking around them. Once a zombie even visibly popped into existence in front of me, if my eyes did not deceive me.

Another thing: would it be possible to make zombies not see and hear through walls?

I did that last night. I got stuck in the cow processing plant ( I think that's what it is) in Mogilevka and dropped 75 zombies before they stopped pouring in. Made it out with 4 rounds haha

Seems like it its now impossible to defend yourself against a horde inside a town; new zombies spawn before the last one alive has walked inside the building you defend' date=' thus creating an infinite loop and a mountain of bodies - until you run out of ammo or log out.

Also, new zombies spawning near the player is a definite no-no. It makes it impossible to plan ahead for sneaking around them. Once a zombie even visibly popped into existence in front of me, if my eyes did not deceive me.

Another thing: would it be possible to make zombies not see and hear through walls?

[/quote']

Add to that doors. If possible. That does make me wonder though, does this mod have the function that if you fire inside a building, the sound that comes from your rifle is reduced somewhat in comparison to outside in the open?

Imo all servers need 3rd person disabled. Not sure if you can force that or not? You can bypass needing to use pain killers and temp shakes with it.

Visually' date=' yes, it bypasses... but the Crosshair in third person is in no way close to where your player is physically aiming. Find a friend, aim at his head in third person and then go into iron sights and look where you're aiming.

[/quote']

I do run into problems with Z's daily, but once you have them locked down in a house, barn, etc. All you have to do is see where your first shot went and compensate for the others. So it's not THAT big of a deal. When in fact it should be. If not, then what's the point?

Also, you can avoid the shakes when looking for painkillers or a place to get a fire going, etc. That in itself make's it pointless imo. /shrug