Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

OP and elliotle you appear to be the new generation of gamer where everything has to be sugar coated and you can't handle a bit of glitches or rough play and btw kid this game is in alpha its suppose to be glitchy its not completed yet and it has an amazing crowd following it, yeh the hackers are a problem for now but there are still plenty of people on the servers.

i bought it today died got hacked off a building picked myself up and i picked my balls back up and got more items and now i found an awesome little tent. I bet when you died you ragequit and made this thread :)

Rough play? I have been a lifelong gamer, but I also live here in reality. The game was touted as a realistic zombie survival sim. Because of braindead bandits constantly killing everybody, it is an unrealistic free for all deathmatch. I stopped playing CoD because I hated how unrealistic it was.

I have been forced to shoot somebody in real life. It isn't fun even when you HAVE TO DO IT TO SURVIVE. There ARE consequences even in disasters for killing somebody, especially if it is unwarranted killing. I am also a psychologist. Very few people have the ability to take another life, and fewer still would do so as wantonly as almost everybody does in this game.

Of course, you are all message board geniuses hiding in anonymity behind your keyboards. The bottom line is that I am significantly more intelligent than all of you and my arguments are more eloquently crafted and use sounder logic than yours, but you don't care because "derp derp get over it derp derp I like shooting ppl derp."

there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z

sostfu.jpg

• Like 1

sostfu.jpg

Lol you poor detective. The page being from 2011 doesn't prove anything. They released pics AFTER dayz, meaning warZ could be smth different and after they saw dayz they copied it.

Lol you poor detective. The page being from 2011 doesn't prove anything. They released pics AFTER dayz, meaning warZ could be smth different and after they saw dayz they copied it.

I knew someone would try and be smart and suggest that but the chances of me being correct and much greater (aswell as the fact that WarZ said they were in development before DayZ) is much more likely than they made a Facebook page with a random name under the slim chance that someone would make a Zombie game in the near future with an almost identical name too?

Either that or you're suggesting Rocket copied the name from them, which we all know is not true.

I knew someone would try and be smart and suggest that but the chances of me being correct and much greater (aswell as the fact that WarZ said they were in development before DayZ) is much more likely than they made a Facebook page with a random name under the slim chance that someone would make a Zombie game in the near future with an almost identical name too?

Either that or you're suggesting Rocket copied the name from them, which we all know is not true.

No. They started developing War Z in 2011. It was about zombies. But it could be a 2d MMO RPG/strategy on a pony island with zombies. Then they saw dayz -> changed completely the game design to copy dayz. Pretty obv. Chances are 50/50. Either they had, or they hadnt :D

ps. and yes I am smart, thx.

Edited by Roboserg

I think it is just someone jumping on the band wagon. With no previous releases I will wait until the features have been implemented to see what is what. As far as we know so far, they have just adapted a game in their current publisher's lineup with screenshots...

While you are right that the developer of "The War Z" ("Hammerpoint Interactive") is completely new on the market. Its publisher, "Arktos Entertainment Group" has already another game on the market: "The War Inc". The reviews of "The War Inc" are not exactly convincing: Metacritic, Steamaddicts, Gamesyn but you can simply try it on steam (Link) It´s just a lousy pay2win game with 40$ weapons.

Check http://arktosentertainment.com/news.html. See how "Executive Producer Sergey Titov" from the pcgamer article is also the CEO of Arktos?

It looks like they try to sell ridiculously overprized weapons in War Inc. and now they want to bandwagon on the DayZ hype and sell some preorders for WarZ while modding some zombies into their crappy shooter.

• Like 3

I PUT MA SKILL POINTZ IN BULLET DMG TO KILL U TWICE WITH MA MAKAROV IN 1v10 AT MAX LEVEL HURR

People even using the term "hurr" or "durr" or "derp" are retarded and not worthy of being replied to by serious means.

I dont see where anything i said makes me a "internetz strong" guy.. Im simply saying the game is fine without a level progression. Best part about it when you become a big boy and get a job and family is that you can play a little here and there, The casual gamer is just as good as someone who plays hours on end because they dont have to try to level up to compete with others. They can log in, do some searching and log if they wish. They have a chance to find great gear and dont need to spend hours on end looking for it.

Did you even read my post?

Somehow I doubt it.

Being better in special things after doing them a certain amount of times doesn't make you worthless. And your argument of PHAT LEWTZ is wrong all together. Everyone finds the same loot in a building as far as I know. But maybe I am wrong and your buddy sees different stuff lying on the ground. Probably you have a screenshot? Because unless you have something like that I would assume that the loot is independent on who you are in DayZ. You come across a chopper and it has a M249 lying next to it. You can loot it. No matter whether you are alive for 5 minutes or 24 hours.

Though having people being better in certain fields would encourage trying to survive. Now surviving has no advantages at all. Unless you insist on having shiny uber rare loot from the barracks. But letting always the same guy repair your vehicle will make him better in that and he will need less parts. Or having always the same guy healing you will make him heal you better. And SUDDENLY we have a mechanic that makes people build settlements and stick together (something that is missing totally... KoS is ALWAYS the best thing you can do to a survivor you see atm).

For example a M16 has 0.0001 dispersion. What would it hurt to start at 0.00012 and go down to 0.00009 at maximum which would translate to maybe 1000 kills (zombies or survivors). Its not like you cannot kill anyone with 0.00012 because a m4 currently is still a lot more inaccurate and I have heard people telling that the L85A2 is SOOOO CRAP BECAUSE ZOMG IT HITZ NOTHING. Which is obviously wrong because it is as accurate as the M16. So if people cannot even tell that difference I doubt most would even notice. But its still a thing to hang on for. It makes engaging zombies suddenly a lot more motivating because you will get better by doing it.

Posted in 2011 and all they have to show for it is 4 screen shots ... amazing...

Posted in 2011 and all they have to show for it is 4 screen shots ... amazing...

Rocket started with a complete engine he just had to put his little customizations on top. And after half a year what do we got? A buggy game without a lot of content.

So if another company has to do models, textures, animations for everything and probably even modify the engine and after a year it has no running version than it is worse?

I lold.

Read about warz, not the same. safe zones, marketplace, instances... its like a kiddie version of day z... I'm sure the people that hack because they don't cut it in Day Z will find a nice haven there.

The thing that makes DayZ great is the lack of security, the lack of feeling safe... the difficulty. I don't remember what review it was, but they said "DayZ isn't fun... its hard, stressful but fascinating... not for the faint of heart."

WarZ removes all of that.

Read about warz, not the same. safe zones, marketplace, instances... its like a kiddie version of day z... I'm sure the people that hack because they don't cut it in Day Z will find a nice haven there.

The thing that makes DayZ great is the lack of security, the lack of feeling safe... the difficulty. I don't remember what review it was, but they said "DayZ isn't fun... its hard, stressful but fascinating... not for the faint of heart."

WarZ removes all of that.

Actually DayZ in its current state ist VERY boring. Thats why all just PVP and KoS.

• Like 1

Noob OP, do you really think that bohemia has ignored this guy, who is, reason for 500k+ sold exemplaries of Arma II CO in less than 3 months?

I'm pretty sure they'll have a standalone game ready in Q1/Q2 next year, and are just being all quiet about it.

Wait till christmas ;D

I have a feeling WarZ is gonna be shitty like Dead Island.

Dead Island is a masterpiece if you look for a good COOP. What an idiot

Actually DayZ in its current state ist VERY boring. Thats why all just PVP and KoS.

you realize that pvp is the core of any good mp game?

you sound like an utter shit player who is mad. If DayZ is so boring why is it so addictive even in alpha state please explain why people keep coming back to this game even with all its problems. DayZ is probably the best sandbox mp fps to date and is very unique and opened up an completly new type of game

when i read your posts you are just hating on dayz, please go play your shitty casualized version of DayZ and never come back to this glorious hardcore fps

Edited by crushed293213

Clearly most of you who say dayz is terrible and boring.

Dont know what a sandbox game is.

You should look at eve onlines timeline.

its still going strong witha selective group of gamers. Not only that there are people who choose not to PvP. They sit in "safe space" where they can still be suicide ganked. They cry less about losing (litterally thousand in USD) in game money then you do about pvp and bugs. Don't believe me. Read this article. http://eve.klaki.net/heist/

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

Keep quoting parts of the sentence. 100/100 troll level !

pretty sure....that was the whole post.

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

I'm not saying that it will fail or succeed but you really think that having "safe zones" will change anything and add to that modern range weapons? You might want to check out MMO's like Darkfall and Mortal Online. Even with mechanics such as guards and safe zones people still complained about PvP.

There is no combination of words that could follow "Dead Island is a masterpiece" that would not trigger exactly as much insane laughter.

Unless of course the sentence was "Dead Island is a masterpiece is what my dad used to say after he was in a car accident and suffered a trauamtic brain injury which caused a unique rescrambling of vocabulary in his head such that some words meant other things to him and in this case 'masterpiece' meant 'steaming pile of shit not worth the disk space it occupies.'"

I'll give you Left 4 Dead, or Dead Rising, or Resident Evil, but Dead Island, dude? Dead fucking Island? I'd sooner fuck a cheese grater and then wash my cock in hot vinegar than play that game again, coop or otherwise.