Henyo10

Day Z is soon to be dead

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Arma 3 is coming up and at this stage day z is still in alpha. I really hate it when people respond to a bug/glitch with "It's alpha, deal with it" or "you're here to test the game since its alpha". Its been in Alpha for quite some time and once it becomes beta, Arma 3 would have been released. Seeing as Arma 3 is coming up and from the looks of it Day z will continue to still all be a mod rather than an integral part of Arma 3, throws me off that it will remain to being buggy and out of place with regards to the engine.

Though rocket said that there will be a stand alone game, there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

So I'm thinking if Day Z wants to survive, in my opinion they should just stop trying to make Day Z work on Arma 2 and make a stand alone game or make it an integral part of Arma 3 but I highly doubt the latter would happen.

• Like 17

War Z? You seriously think that War Z will succeed or endanger DayZ? Or that Arma 3, the next Arma game of which DayZ will also be a part of, is going to endanger DayZ? Knowing the industry quite well, I can tell you, your speculation is far off from reality.

As far as the issues: the problem is not DayZ being an alpha. The problem is that Arma 2 is realistically still an alpha to this day and should have never been released in its current state. Though DayZ manages to needlessly and without reason, pile on even more bugs on top of an already buggy and nearly nonfunctional engine.

DayZ is "supposedly" going to have a stand-alone version. This, contrary to your post, is not the solution. It will only compound the issues and make them more difficult to fix. And Rocket is a fool if he thinks it is an acceptable move.

Edited by marik
  • Like 19

I wouldn't be concerned with DayZ going quietly into the night anytime soon, rocket seems VERY intent on making the game into a stand-alone or Arma 3 DLC thing, and he has yet to over-promise!

I wouldn't be concerned with DayZ going quietly into the night anytime soon, rocket seems VERY intent on making the game into a stand-alone or Arma 3 DLC thing, and he has yet to over-promise!

Yet to over promise? Do you actually listen to anything he says?

war z will destroy dayz. dayz sucks.

You sound like one of these kids that said things like "Age of Conan is going to be the end of World of Warcraft". Unrealistic statements don't create a reality from thin air.

Edited by marik
  • Like 2

And you think making it standalone goes faster then making a simple mod?

You are one of those "this so will kill wow". DayZ has a big player base, we won't tell people go play War Z we recruit to this mod. And as for arma3 as far as I know they made it easier for rocket to continue dayz there. Don't quote me on that though.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

You're an idiot. The War Z is the exact same as Day Z, just a shitty MMO version

Yea DayZ will most definitly succeed, Rocket is working very hard for this game and its just the start of the game too just wait to see the end man :P

War Z is nothing but a list of empty promises until they actually show some footage of the game in action. They are trying to do things no other game has ever done with only a year of development. They will be very keen to tell you about all the positives but they won't tell you bad things like how the entire map is heavily instanced or the netcode is even worse than arma 2.

• Like 6

War Z? You seriously think that War Z will succeed or endanger DayZ?

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

• Like 2

war z will destroy dayz. dayz sucks.

Please take a 44. and go into a dark room and accomplish your destiny. You sound like an idiot for such a comment, you can't say that War Z will beat Day Z when there hasn't even been any gameplay just pictures. Please just quite life.

• Like 5

Yes. The unrealistic quantity of psychopaths engaging in kill on sight behavior in this game will drive players in droves to War Z. There are consequences to killing people, in war, murder, or disaster. War Z will address them nicely. So far it seems like nobody cares in Day Z.

Sorry, but this is laughable. You actually think WarZ will be any different? Not counting the fact that the game is going to fail hard in every way outside of this.

• Like 1

What really bothers me about day z is the imminent death of it from two things; Arma 3 and War Z.

Stopped reading there. You had me at Arma3 but lost me at the game you obviously haven't researched on your own.

Arma 3 is coming up and at this stage day z is still in alpha. I really hate it when people respond to a bug/glitch with "It's alpha, deal with it" or "you're here to test the game since its alpha". Its been in Alpha for quite some time and once it becomes beta, Arma 3 would have been released. Seeing as Arma 3 is coming up and from the looks of it Day z will continue to still all be a mod rather than an integral part of Arma 3, throws me off that it will remain to being buggy and out of place with regards to the engine.

Though rocket said that there will be a stand alone game, there is a new game coming up, War Z, almost identical to Day Z even down to the name. War Z isn't speculation or a rumor, its a full fledged game based around a zombie apocalypse rather than being a mod to an army simulator. Even though they obviously copied Day Z, they're doing the right thing for the consumers in that they're paying full attention to it being the main focus of the game rather than a mod or a bonus mode of a game.

So I'm thinking if Day Z wants to survive, in my opinion they should just stop trying to make Day Z work on Arma 2 and make a stand alone game or make it an integral part of Arma 3 but I highly doubt the latter would happen.

Fool ...There 2 games based on the same idea ...but wont be anything alike.

Why so many morons on here of late?

One of the downsides to a bigger population playing the game.

• Like 2

I really do like the idea of War Z's *bounty system*

Thats something Id like to see in DayZ ... kinda like from Ultima Online where u could put bounties on ppl that kill u. It would be fun to try to hunt down ur killer and avenge ur death!

Why so many morons on here of late?

Its a forum on the internet.

• Like 2

Hopefully War Z will take away some of the morons, haters, and idiots of this forum to the game.

War Z will not win over DayZ, trying to put the stuff they're doing into the game is just stupid MMO elements that don't belong in a game like DayZ.

Wow another one of these posts. What a moron the OP is. 1. A new game coming out in the same genra as another game does not mean everything before it dies. 2. Dayz has not been in alpha long at all, some mods and games spend years in alpha. Get a clue.

I hope it transfers to the ARMA 3 engine (real virtuality) and maybe has it's own world that is seperate from ARMA 3 but uses similar mechanics and items.

You're an idiot. The War Z is the exact same as Day Z, just a shitty MMO version

So seeing a game and using what is good to make your game = bad game?

I want to see 100 Zombie RPG Surv games. Since when are options a bad things? Not costing you a dime, yet you want it to do bad? Fan boy much?

Rockett is shady, learn the story behind the single player DayZ; and not from this site.

"war z will destroy dayz. dayz sucks."

Some retard.

And you know War z is better then Dayz how? Oh wait you don't. Also how does Dayz suck? Care to elaborate?