Magotchi

Official Scripts File False Positive

23.07.2012 12:29:28: CKr (68.7.170.111:2304) da6ad0ac9f3d1224193dc1e2ebc60b1b - #36 icopter" || _v iskindof "plane")
then
{
_v setVehicleInit "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";
23.07.2012 12:29:28: CKr (68.7.170.111:2304) da6ad0ac9f3d1224193dc1e2ebc60b1b - #55 his] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";
processInitCommands;
};
if (_v iskindof "tank")
then
{
_int
12:29:28 Player CKr kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #55
12:29:28 Player CKr disconnected.

I believe this is a false detection from today's official scripts.txt update. This happened about a half hour after restarting the server with the new scripts.txt.

I know CKr well, he's been active in my CS clan for a long time, and I don't believe he's hacking.

He had just gotten onto the driver's seat of an ATV on the bridge in Solnichniy, the ATV glitched out, flew into the air a bit, and then he got scared and got off of it. They also shot at it a bit to try to destroy it. Then he was kicked for this detection.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

Nice. Another one, this time for me:

23.07.2012 13:35:45: Mister_Magotchi (24.116.146.10:2304) d269b44f2ae25b3c0242817bd80c9a8b - #140 dummy"]; _dummy = [_this,"players"] execVM "\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf";

13:35:45 Player Mister_Magotchi kicked off by BattlEye: Script Restriction #140
13:35:45 Player Mister_Magotchi disconnected.

Apparently using Server Control at all kicks people. I guess that's a good workaround, as a lot of hackers do replace that script with nasty ones, but still.

Having similar issues with #55. Comment (i.e. add // to the beginning of) this line in the latest scripts.txt to prevent kicking for #55 from occuring:

1 setVehicleInit !"\"setVehicleInit\","

Edited by GreyEcho

I just woke up, tried to log on to my "home server" and the message I'm getting is "You were kicked off the game (BattlEye: Script Restriction #55).

Not sure why this happends, but I am connecting it to the stuff that happened on an american server last night. Me and a couple of friends were playing as usual when Battleye spammed "Restriction detected" or something of the sort. Literally spammed the shit out every player on this server and it didn't take long for the server to actually crash, and it took em about 2 restarts before the spam stopped and you could play there again.

I do believe it's false positives, but is there anything you can do about it?

Look at line number 55 of your scripts.tx file, that's what is kicking you.

Change the "5" or "7" in front of it to a "1" if you want it to stop kicking and just log the issue.

Edited by jskibo

I just woke up, tried to log on to my "home server" and the message I'm getting is "You were kicked off the game (BattlEye: Script Restriction #55).

Not sure why this happends, but I am connecting it to the stuff that happened on an american server last night. Me and a couple of friends were playing as usual when Battleye spammed "Restriction detected" or something of the sort. Literally spammed the shit out every player on this server and it didn't take long for the server to actually crash, and it took em about 2 restarts before the spam stopped and you could play there again.

I do believe it's false positives, but is there anything you can do about it?

Had that happen on mine randomly yesterday. I rebooted it once and it was fine after that. Not sure what happened. Tired of digging through Egyptian logs though.

Yea, I just restarted OA/DayZ and I got in to my "home" without any hassle. Will check the scripts.txt if it occurs again and a normal restart doesn't solve the issue. Thanks!

Since this update, I cannot log into my own server any more. I'm not getting a BE error number, just "Connecting failed."

I am able to log into the RCon with BERCon and the Arma 2 RCon GUI, but cannot get into game. Frustrating.

what the hell is script restriction #55 ?

or #149?

Edited by moofactory

what the hell is script restriction #55 ?

or #149?

Whatever is in the Scripts.txt file at those line numbers. They just reference lines in that file. Admin will have to look at the file to figure it out

Hi guys,

We're working on a better scripts file.

The false positives are prefered over not running scripts prevention at all.

// Ander, lead infradev

• Like 1

Having similar issues with #55. Comment (i.e. add // to the beginning of) this line in the latest scripts.txt to prevent kicking for #55 from occuring:

My temporary solution above still stands for server owners/operators while we wait for an updated scripts.txt file.

where can i find this scripts.txt thing u speak of.

Same

The current URL for official server files is http://serverhosters...nu/.dayzhosters (as of an email to server hosters on the 23rd). The username and password are available in Client Area --> My Services --> View Details --> Server Files. Once in the file repository, the scripts.txt is in the "battleyeconfig" directory.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

Hi i am admin my server, i log panel admin and kik "Scripte restritions #140" wtf ?

Same

cdn.armafiles.info/.dayzhosters

youll only know the password if your a dayz hoster,

Edited by ebianbluefox

Hi guys,

We're working on a better scripts file.

The false positives are prefered over not running scripts prevention at all.

// Ander, lead infradev

Not sure this is exactly the same feeling people getting kicked from the server while flying a chopper feel. Or their passengers.

Best to just log this restriction rather than kick for it imho. Least til theres a better fix. In regards to #55 at least.

Edited by semipr0

I got the same script restriction as DocTolly did last night when checking the player list on a server. I just checked it through the map not by pressing right shift P.

This only happened once and has been fine since then.