Sign in to follow this  
ryahn

HFB Server Customers - Server Restarts

Ryahn even bother reading and listening to anyone here? Anonymous83 is stating how this issue is fixable, and probably pretty easily fixable, but HFB just doesn't listen.

Some people are impressed when a guy who should be fixing boxes and files joins their TS to talk to them... Imagine how many boxes he will get fixed by joining 400 different TS server, and how many boxes he could get fixed if he didnt join any TS server...

I find it strange how content many of you seem to be, having trouble with your server for 9 days now, when the host has been told about it from day 2 on how to fix it properly, but the only fix they had was to rename the currently loaded file to a "...+hive update" BS file.

Not sure why HFB keeps using the new hardware issue(them getting new boxes) as the reason for not properly "fixing" what they currently have. I could always load on super fast onto our server, and got good frames/sec on our server. Just don't put on Camo or Ghillie, nor have an L85 rifle.

Also stating changes will take A MONTH to resolve is completely unacceptable, other providers took 1-2 days to fix this issue without having to be hand fed the way to do it. I hope for Dayz's sake that HFB buys way too much server hardware to fit their ever-shrinking monthly subscribers, and they go belly up, like any provider should go with this type of "support".

Also if our server is a US ### server, why does gametracker have a Puerto Rican flag on it?

Ryahn even bother reading and listening to anyone here? Anonymous83 is stating how this issue is fixable, and probably pretty easily fixable, but HFB just doesn't listen.

Some people are impressed when a guy who should be fixing boxes and files joins their TS to talk to them... Imagine how many boxes he will get fixed by joining 400 different TS server, and how many boxes he could get fixed if he didnt join any TS server...

I find it strange how content many of you seem to be, having trouble with your server for 9 days now, when the host has been told about it from day 2 on how to fix it properly, but the only fix they had was to rename the currently loaded file to a "...+hive update" BS file.

Not sure why HFB keeps using the new hardware issue(them getting new boxes) as the reason for not properly "fixing" what they currently have. I could always load on super fast onto our server, and got good frames/sec on our server. Just don't put on Camo or Ghillie, nor have an L85 rifle.

Also stating changes will take A MONTH to resolve is completely unacceptable, other providers took 1-2 days to fix this issue without having to be hand fed the way to do it. I hope for Dayz's sake that HFB buys way too much server hardware to fit their ever-shrinking monthly subscribers, and they go belly up, like any provider should go with this type of "support".

Also if our server is a US ### server, why does gametracker have a Puerto Rican flag on it?

You have been posting over and over about the HIVE version. We are running the latest version. The same version that Ander has promoted on his forum post "0.6.2.1". Unless there is another version that we do not know about please tell me. I will be more then happy to put it on you server. And thanks to extensive help from the dev team (many suggestions on the issues) we here at hfb have found the exact cause of all our issues. Which a post will be made about when im done working through hundreds of servers.

As far as the month statement that was a statement regarding the overall upgrade of all hardware. Not to fix the current issues. The current issues will most likely be fixed here within a few hours of this post.

Edited by hungoverfurball

From what I gather, and there is no way for me to know for sure, it's that the HIVE filenames are the same but you are running the pre-hotfixed version. Basically they released a hotfix but didn't change the filename, so while you have 0.6.2.1, it is an outdated version of 0.6.2.1.

This is backed up by the issues being pretty exclusive to HFB servers, while many others work.

EDIT: Keep in mind this was during that whole 1.7.2.3 debacle where multiple patches and files were released within hours of each other. Our server hasn't been working since then, so in my opinion that is a good place to start looking. What those guys are saying is to just download the latest version again and apply it.

Edited by Phisher

From what I gather, and there is no way for me to know for sure, it's that the HIVE filenames are the same but you are running the pre-hotfixed version. Basically they released a hotfix but didn't change the filename, so while you have 0.6.2.1, it is an outdated version of 0.6.2.1.

This is backed up by the issues being pretty exclusive to HFB servers, while many others work.

EDIT: Keep in mind this was during that whole 1.7.2.3 debacle where multiple patches and files were released within hours of each other. Our server hasn't been working since then, so in my opinion that is a good place to start looking. What those guys are saying is to just download the latest version again and apply it.

We already have replaced the files in the last patch with the latest HIVE files. The master server for our tcadmin has 5 different copies of the same HIVE, every time someone stated we had the wrong version i replaced the files in the rar for the latest patch with what ever the latest HIVE fileswere (granted they were always the same size and same date).

With that being said once i am finished with the major fix for all the servers i will be putting on an update which contains the Latest HIVE files, beta patch, battleye, And full dayz patch.

No worries,

Again I have no way to know if this is true or not - just gathering what they said.

We already have replaced the files in the last patch with the latest HIVE files. The master server for our tcadmin has 5 different copies of the same HIVE, every time someone stated we had the wrong version i replaced the files in the rar for the latest patch with what ever the latest HIVE fileswere (granted they were always the same size and same date).

With that being said once i am finished with the major fix for all the servers i will be putting on an update which contains the Latest HIVE files, beta patch, battleye, And full dayz patch.

So if you updated the rar, how does that effect a server that has already been patched through your CP with the pre hive hotfix version? You are saying all this time all I had to do is re run the 1.7.2.3 updater?

Updating your rar file does not update our server does it? That rar file is a file sitting somewhere waiting on the CP command to unzip and install... it won't install itself. You guys didn't update our server with it, we would have noticed the server going down. So when was this newest hotfixed hive file supposed to get onto our server since I already updated the server prior to the hotfixed hive file release?

Not once has it been said (until just now) in any communication from anyone at HFB that you guys went out and got the newest hotpatch hive file and updated your files.

Unbelievable.

...and yes Phisher gets it, why do the HFB guys not get it?

Edited by chisel

I doubt you'd feel the same way if your server was basically unusable for you for several weeks and during that time you have ZERO contact from anyone at HFB. We have been ignored for weeks. I've submitted multiple tickets into their support system, I've sat in their TS channel multiple times, each time for about a half an hour while they just stayed down in their locked channels and ignored us.

No response via the ticket system and no offer of help in their TS, and they removed their forums. Total information blackout.

Impressive indeed.

They should not have to jump into random TS servers to explain what is going on. They should be professional and contact their customers to keep them in the know, not ignore them.

My server was offline for well over a week, also with no support. Also how tickets work is if you put one in and it gets into lets say 5th in the queue and if you "bump" it, it goes to the bottom of the list. Also keep in mind this is a new company with limited staff providing servers for a HUGELY popular game, so just be patient.

My server was offline for well over a week, also with no support. Also how tickets work is if you put one in and it gets into lets say 5th in the queue and if you "bump" it, it goes to the bottom of the list. Also keep in mind this is a new company with limited staff providing servers for a HUGELY popular game, so just be patient.

I'm glad you were impressed with no server for well over a week and no support then a TS drop in finally.

Seems you are easily impressed. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Look, up until this botched 1.7.2.3 update I was fairly happy with the server. It ran smooth, had good fps, no real issues. I wasn't pleased about the loss of some ftp stuff but that's not a deal breaker if it's across the board.

It's a real shame, it didn't have to go down like this.

fwiw, I think waiting two weeks to really start raising any hell is having a great deal of patience. Am I wrong? ... and lets face it here folks, they only really started doing anything after the hell was raised. If not for this thread we'd all still be sitting in the dark.

If any HFB staff wants to truly help and work with me to solve our issues I welcome it. They can PM me or respond to my tickets in their support system. I'll come to their TS, they can come to mine, I'll call them on the phone, they can call me. I'm open here. In the meantime I continue to play on other servers while the one I pay for sits unusable.

Edited by chisel

You have been posting over and over about the HIVE version. We are running the latest version. The same version that Ander has promoted on his forum post "0.6.2.1". Unless there is another version that we do not know about please tell me. I will be more then happy to put it on you server. And thanks to extensive help from the dev team (many suggestions on the issues) we here at hfb have found the exact cause of all our issues. Which a post will be made about when im done working through hundreds of servers.

As far as the month statement that was a statement regarding the overall upgrade of all hardware. Not to fix the current issues. The current issues will most likely be fixed here within a few hours of this post.

Your guys were asked a week ago to put the new hotfixed hive on our server, what changed between then and now?

Month quotes, perhaps you guys should keep to one thread instead of 3, gets a bit confusing when you reference the other threads and "upgraded hardware" in this thread...

Your crapped-up servers have taken a lot of time and money from our group and probably some new players away from dayz since they couldn't get onto or back onto our group's server.

Its bad enough for the player to keep up with Dayz versions AND Arma2 Beta versions, but now we gotta worry about the provider getting their head out of their asses.

Post #73 this thread:

The updates were not during this restart. The updates will be coming after the hardware is upgraded.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41444-major-hfbservers-changes-inbound/page__st__20#entry399629

Post on the other thread about new hardware., when asked about a time frame for servers to be "updated":

It will be a little over a month before all of these will take place. All of the servers are running fine CPU and network wise. All the desync is caused by hive.

Not a Hive issue huh?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42506-hfb-customers-please-read/

Ryahn: "I am trying to get a general idea of how many of our servers are having a Hive issues."

To translate the first post:

We are undermanned and in over our heads, please do our work for use by "I need you to check your arma2oaserver.RPT for these lines" and the blah blah thats in the quotes.

I really hope they decide to ALWAYS rename the hive versioning even after a hotfix. This has caused way too much uncertainty for people and is really just a pain in the ass.

Ryahn... please take the set up of US 725 into consideration... this server was having no issues with 40/40 and it's an HFB server. Mimic that and you're good to go.

Edited by rbosse

Well, look at that... servers are fine and no one is complaining... betcha the people bitching haven't changed services yet :)

Edited by rbosse

Well, look at that... servers are fine and no one is complaining... betcha the people bitching haven't changed services yet :)

I guess you haven't looked at the forums yet. The problems are still present.

Edited by Phisher

Thanks for the info, hope my server comes back online soon, been a few days now already..

I'm a little curious why the latest patch in TCAdmin says 95248. After installation the server still reports 95208.

US 560 on HFB.

Where does it report 95208? If it's on the server tag line you need to manually edit that in your server.cfg.

Once again, you are right...NOT! Why again do you troll this thread? You don't even have a server...

They will not get another penny from me until the server is running as it should. It can be done, I play on many other servers other than my own without issue. It's a shame I can't play on the one I pay for.

post-35007-0-00384600-1343173480_thumb.j

Went to Tier 2 Support, they still can't fix the camo/ghillie issue. Saying it is only affecting 'very few' of their servers. They want to completely reinstall it.

When I asked about a credit on the account yesterday they said it is a DayZ issue and camo/ghillie's have been disabled.... (which is complete BS)

Lovely.

Edited by Phisher