Sign in to follow this  
ryahn

HFB Server Customers - Server Restarts

Im looking at the panel and it still says STATUS:unknown

Im not the owner...just his buddy. He gave me admin rights. I cant put ticket in. Please fix.

us 651

Btrizzle and rbosse, expec tyour hive be fixed in about a month:

It will be a little over a month before all of these will take place. All of the servers are running fine CPU and network wise. All the desync is caused by hive.

When he says "caused by hive." he means HFB's Failure in loading the correct hive file into their servers, not a Dayz issue, but their own lazyness and disregard for customer service

After the hardware is paid for more like it.Nice to know where my money is going to bad i havnt been able to played in 3 days

I feel ya there man. I'm happy that they went as far as continuing to post on the forum. But I agree, it's obviously the @hive folder because when I see a server stable with 75/75 players, there's obviously an issue directly involved with HFB. They'll need to fix this tonight or we'll move on.

Edited by rbosse

vilayer seems to have pretty good customer reviews.

Pretty sure the "hive" isn't jacked up for them

Edited by Keshik

I was just under the assumption that people are complaining about the hive and you stated there was an update that was applied. It's odd that some of your servers aren't having issues yet ours is....

Do you even admin an HFB server? I'm not trying to insult you I'm seriously asking. In the control panel for HFB servers (which is the defacto standard CP for many hosters including viLayer) there is the "updates" option. In that option you can see the files that are available to be applied. One of them has "DayZ 1.7.2.3 + Hive 0.6.2.1 + Beta 95054 + BattlEye v1.61.94945+"

See the "+ Hive 0.6.2.1"???

That designates the server has the newest hive file... i.e. different than a previous version... See that? If you were actually an admin of an actual dayz server run by HFB you'd know this.

That is the hive updated file we speak of. 1.7.2.3 patch was applied days prior to this hive update being announced and yet when brought to HFB's attention they went to the CP and updated the filename to reflect the hive update file. Meaning I was talking to them on TS then when I brought this to their attention and 2 minutes later the description for the update which I had already applied was changed to include the hive update. The file was not changed only the name.

Here it is even more simple.

1) patch 1.7.2.3 was made available. (I updated immediately, meaning I applied the patch through the HFB CP)

2) Hive update was released by dayz devs days after 1.7.2.3 patch.

3) Our server is/was having the issues addressed by hive update.

4) I went on hfbservers TS and talked with their guys (including INU). Who told me the patch on our server included the hive update. (see #1 and #2 above)

5) 2 mintues after bringing the hive update availability to the HFB techs attention, the HFB control panel description was changed to include the "+hive"

6) See #3 above

**** for more clarity.

Bottom line, the hive file is not the hotfix hive file on our server. Seems the latest patch if it included the hive update included a bad hive file, they released the hotfix for the hive file but the version did not change. So if the HFB folks compare the two the think they have the current one because they are named the same thing so they don't bother to go get us the fixed one.

Edited by chisel

I feel ya there man. I'm happy that they went as far as continuing to post on the forum. But I agree, it's obviously the @hive folder because when I see a server stable with 75/75 players, there's obviously an issue directly involved with HFB. They'll need to fix this tonight or we'll move on.

Damn demanding Americans... LOL

OMG- FIX US 651!

in server panel it says STATUS: UNKNOWN

This is because the server it was on is stuck. We have sent a ticket to all the datacenters to check all of our server and power cycle the ones that are not up. I do apologize for the hassle.

Btrizzle and rbosse, expec tyour hive be fixed in about a month:

When he says "caused by hive." he means HFB's Failure in loading the correct hive file into their servers, not a Dayz issue, but their own lazyness and disregard for customer service

I understand that you may not be happy with HFB. We are short staffed and managing as best as we can. We are currently waiting for one of our admins to come back to fix a part of the TCAdmin which will install everything in one package instead of 3.

This is the last post I will making in this thread as I will let it run its course.

Edited by Ryahn

Sounds like a bunch of kids with a new toy trying to figure it out.Alittle over your head boys?

Damn demanding Americans... LOL

LOL, I didn't go as far as telling chisel he was demanding, I said he was whining like a typical American, but yeah LOL!

Do you even admin an HFB server? I'm not trying to insult you I'm seriously asking. In the control panel for HFB servers (which is the defacto standard CP for many hosters including viLayer) there is the "updates" option. In that option you can see the files that are available to be applied. One of them has "DayZ 1.7.2.3 + Hive 0.6.2.1 + Beta 95054 + BattlEye v1.61.94945+"

See the "+ Hive 0.6.2.1"???

That designates the server has the newest hive file... i.e. different than a previous version... See that? If you were actually an admin of an actual dayz server run by HFB you'd know this.

That is the hive updated file we speak of. 1.7.2.3 patch was applied days prior to this hive update being announced and yet when brought to HFB's attention they went to the CP and updated the filename to reflect the hive update file. Meaning I was talking to them on TS then when I brought this to their attention and 2 minutes later the description for the update which I had already applied was changed to include the hive update. The file was not changed only the name.

Here it is even more simple.

1) patch 1.7.2.3 was made available. (I updated immediately, meaning I applied the patch through the HFB CP)

2) Hive update was released by dayz devs days after 1.7.2.3 patch.

3) Our server is/was having the issues addressed by hive update.

4) I went on hfbservers TS and talked with their guys (including INU). Who told me the patch on our server included the hive update. (see #1 and #2 above)

5) 2 mintues after bringing the hive update availability to the HFB techs attention, the HFB control panel description was changed to include the "+hive"

6) See #3 above

Okay, you were seriously asking then you said if I were an admin, I'd know that... That sounds like an insult.. but anyway, no I'm not an admin but I'm in TS with the guy who is, talking about all the situations that we see and how a 75/75 server is having no issues yet HFB servers are (for the most part). Secondly, you just defended HFB against my claims... a bit ironic?

This is the last post I will making in this thread as I will let it run its course.

Didn't answer much anyway.

btw, if you have a ticket # send me a pm and I will laugh when I get it!

• Like 1

Didn't answer much anyway.

btw, if you have a ticket # send me a pm and I will laugh when I get it!

Didn't even notice that... We'll make our move hopefully tonight.

.. but anyway, no I'm not an admin but I'm in TS with the guy who is, talking about all the situations that we see and how a 75/75 server is having no issues yet HFB servers are (for the most part). Secondly, you just defended HFB against my claims... a bit ironic?

Im not an admin, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

• Like 4

FYI it's not an insult if it's true. Just sayin'.

Also, please show me how/where I defend HFB against your claims?

Edited by chisel

Yep, been in webhosting/dedicated servers for nearly 17 years, i have never seen such a bad host and customer service before..

Luckily... i don't need to rely on these sort of people, so i feel sorry for the people who do, nothing more annoying than this.

It's very unprofessional to write in a forum and not directly to the customers in email aswell, pretty poor, it's like to me they all met in these forums and decided to buy a couple of servers and split them up into many vps's and make a tidy profit selling garbage.

which will install everything in one package instead of 3.

This is not addressing the current issue. The problem at the moment is that there was a @hive files hotfix with the same name after the 1.7.2.3 was released. The simple way to fix this is to just redownload the full 1.7.2.3 package (this was suggested by Ander on his post). I am sure when 1.7.2.4 package is released by the devs all these issues will be moot but as it stands the bulk of your costumer complaints and server issues are coming from this one folder that needs to be updated on MOST of your servers.

Ryahn, I just want to thank you for your professionalism and patience when dealing with all this. I realize your new to the HFB crew and I hope that you guys get a break soon and figure out what the issue is as I'm sure that

it will fix many of these problems in one click of a button.

Our server restarted along with all the other 400+ servers that cycled through restarts and roughly a half hour after the restart we joined and sadly are still experiencing desync issues. I know you guys are doing your best.

Thanks for the attention to server "US 415" ;)

I'm just your typical fat lazy RICH American. I lose that much money in my couch cushions everytime I sit down, which is alot, remember I'm a typical fat lazy American with more money than brains.

I don't need to rely on royalty checks from a month old start up company that is already going under.

I'm RICH.

Poor people will always envy the rich. I am sorry that you cannot afford rice.

• Like 1

Oh and make US 555 come back to life please. I have a date with a guy at Elektro at 2am and I don't want to be late.

I am very impressed with HFB. Ryahn just jumped into my Teamspeak 3 server randomly and started explaining what was going on. The servers in Atlanta are down because of a complication between HFB and the data center. They are currently working to solve this issue. I know what other host providers support is like but i have never had a support staff personally come into my team speak and talk to me. So please be patient and it will all be fixed soon.

I am very impressed with HFB. Ryahn just jumped into my Teamspeak 3 server randomly and started explaining what was going on. The servers in Atlanta are down because of a complication between HFB and the data center. They are currently working to solve this issue. I know what other host providers support is like but i have never had a support staff personally come into my team speak and talk to me. So please be patient and it will all be fixed soon.

I doubt you'd feel the same way if your server was basically unusable for you for several weeks and during that time you have ZERO contact from anyone at HFB. We have been ignored for weeks. I've submitted multiple tickets into their support system, I've sat in their TS channel multiple times, each time for about a half an hour while they just stayed down in their locked channels and ignored us.

No response via the ticket system and no offer of help in their TS, and they removed their forums. Total information blackout.

Impressive indeed.

They should not have to jump into random TS servers to explain what is going on. They should be professional and contact their customers to keep them in the know, not ignore them.

Edited by chisel