scarecrowq

How to take an Alice Pack?

So, I was teleported by some hackers on NZ 2 to some airbase that I have never seen (I'm new), and I instantly quit and jumped on another server, now don't give me shit about being a server hopper...I was teleported into a group of armed guys!) and have started looting the base...got lots of ammo...no guns sadly, but I found a guy with an Alice Pack on...how do I take it?

Scroll wheel, "Take ALICE backpack"

Make sure all your stuff is out of your original backpack first or it could be lost.

Edited by BobofTibia

I just found an alice pack...so I dropped my coyote pack, but have no option to take the alice pack. If I look at it the only option is "open alice pack"...there is no way to pick it up !

If I look at my original coyote pack, same thing....there is no option to pick it back up !

Now I have NO pack....

Help !! What am I doing wrong ?

keep trying with your scroll wheel. I had trouble with a czech pack, but eventually you will get the option!

try walking around it in a circle and scroll from every angle also switching from primary weapon to pistol or the other way gives you the scroll option.

If the ALICE is on the guy, you need to open up the gear of the guy (just gear in the scroll menu) and scroll all the way down to where is says ALICE in the list, and use the arrow to move it over to your character.

If it's on a dead body scroll to "Gear" over the corpse and their backpack will be on the bottom of the list of items, take it like a normal item to wear it.

EDIT: Baelethal beat me to it ¬_¬

Edited by Skyl1n3

Be aware your old backpack won't appear on the ground when you replace it for another. So take all your goodies out if you can.

Lots of good comments....thanks.

However, the only option I had was looking at the pack gave me a "open pack"....there was nothing else....no scroll options.

I tried changes weapons, moving about, etc but nothing did anything. In the end I left them both. Must have been a bug......

Thanks anyway......

Here is my foolproof method for swapping backpacks which i use every time.

1) clear away debris (empty cans, whiskey bottles, other stuff) from around the pack.

2) hover/scroll the new pack, open your pack, empty the contents of your pack into the new pack

3) move a bit away from your new pack, and drop your old pack

4) pickup new pack

5) profit

• Like 3