Sign in to follow this  
bastian3200@gmail.com

Bird spawn etc

Hello, just bought the combined operations, first had some troubles with getting in arrowhead operations but sorted it out by running the program as admin... after that got sorted, i downloaded the dayz mod files and extracted them to the right file and then done the stufff with launch options.. Well i thought it went fine and i logged in and joined a server and spawn as bird, then i continuely try to find a server without spawning as a bird and i just dont seem to find any! Then i go google spawn as bird and people say its because i got a fake copy of the game?

Can anyone help me or does anyone have the same annoying issue??

If you did purchase the game I suggest that you re-install both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead.

If you did not yet purchase the game you should buy it.

• Like 1

This is a serious glitch. So far the only known solution ive heard of is to reinstall the mod. If that dosent work... Try a full arma2 reinstall. Hopefully its not a cd key bug. Goodluck

bought from bistudio, steam version.. . I will try and uninstall

A few others have mentioned this issue, you probably made a mistake during the modifications to get DayZ to work.

Edited by thisisbleep

lol can you actually fly? If so U should get some of your friends and spot some heli spawns lol

Use Sixlauncher or Dayzcommander to do the installation and beta patches for you. So many stuff that can still go wrong doing it manually.

Hello there

Degrade (not known as FADE anymore) usually turns you into a bird after some time playing as well as other crippling issues.

I would contact the Devs on the Bohemia Forums rather than the chaps here.

Can you join non dayz MP games with no issue?

Try ALL the alternatives before raising the issue.

Rgds

LoK

Have you tried re-spawning? (esc->respawn).

On the video games show I watched which introduced me to DayZ one of the presenters once spawned in as a bird, she was able to fly around, looked fun! I'd doubt they'd use pirate copies to review games being as it's a TV company. I've also heard rumors that hackers can spawn people as birds, but rumors are rumors.

I'm willing to bet it's just a bug and re-spawning will sort it.

I'm off to start drawing up some UML diagrams for Bird Sim 2013.

I've also heard rumors that hackers can spawn people as birds, but rumors are rumors.

usually they go with cows but birds should be doable easily enough