Sign in to follow this  
semipr0

So what are we going to do to protect ourselves?

It is a real shame what is going on with hackers. I have played my last couple of games in a private server(s) and haven't notice any issues, well I haven't been nuked or transported, not yet anyway.

But to answer your question Azrail, no I don't think there is a magic wand that makes hacks and hackers disappear. But I do think options need to be explored to remedy the situation as much as possible as soon as possible. And it isn't just hacking that drives me up a wall, it's the ghosting, the disconnecting to avoid death etc etc. There is a broad spectrum of things that are making it a challenge ( not in a good way) to enjoy the game/testing.

I would really luck to play the mod and be able to provide worthwhile feedback, "he this isn't working, how about adding this" etc etc etc. As it stands now I either have issues with updating and getting into games, or when I do get into a game I am either nuked, transported, or ghosted.

Whether or not some people want to admit it, this is dictating the flow of the game and its overall progress. It is an alpha yes, but in order for it to progress past the alpha stage there needs to be, well, progression. Bear traps and dogs are not crucial for game development in my humble opinion. Being able to play the game and give constructive feedback is.

• Like 1

And I'm supposed to just take your word that they are doing everything when they haven't commented recently on the amount of hacking going on?

Conspiracy theories aside, all the players have the power to get their attention. The server owners can cancel their servers, and players can quit playing.

rocket comments security in like every stream he talks on.

its not a simple task. accept it or run off to another new shiny

game with perfect developers whom fix every exploit and bug

instant, their game won't even pass alpha/beta ist just instant

stable and ready for release. maybe thats what you are looking

for. good luck.

btw... 800k unique players. 200k unique players within the last 24 hours.

we get MORE people, and MORE people keep returning to the mod.

go troll some other bs game.

Edited by Azrail

rocket comments security in like every stream he talks on.

its not a simple task. accept it or run off to another new shiny

game with perfect developers whom fix every exploit and bug

instant, their game won't even pass alpha/beta ist just instant

stable and ready for release. maybe thats what you are looking

for. good luck.

btw... 800k unique players. 200k unique players within the last 24 hours.

we get MORE people, and MORE people keep returning to the mod.

go troll some other bs game.

Didn't realize valid concerns were considered trolling...

I made a similar post in the server host area last week and the staff assured me they were doing everything they could to help thwart the cheaters. Unfortunately they're losing the battle convincingly.

Whew! Finally! Someone able to give me access to the root system so that I can 'bring it on'!

Just give me the link, a username/password to the admin and the same for development, and I WILL bring it on.

Otherwise, STFU.

i was more thinking into the direction of you coding your own game.

if you can fix someone else's game with such ease,it should be no problem for you to do that within reasonable time.

think of the shitload of money you will earn.....

Didn't realize valid concerns were considered trolling...

concerns? all of you are acting like as if they are sitting at some random beach, nipping drinks, checking chicks, trolling us with fake posts

none of you take into account that they are busy fixing the game you are playing on FOR FREE

inb4 "i paid for arma2"

Edited by Azrail

yeah everyone should just shut up and not worry about it.... :/

seriously though i think ther are some decent ideas in this thread, i think people are just really frustrated(i know i am) and maybe vent a bit in the wrong direction.

i am liking the sound of the global ban list, seems like a pretty basic thing to implement no? (i dont really know)

Today i walked 12 kilo's to meet my friend, as I was about to switch servers me, allong with the entire server were teleported to 153153, aka the far bottom right of the map in the middle of the ocean. I immediately disconnected as bombs started falling, very much like grenades dropping into a barrel of fish. After a quick server hop, I swim 2.8 kilos to the nearest island. Water indicator blinking, food indicator in the red, 4000 blood later and a bad case of hypothermia I make it. 8 kilometers later and near electro after raiding the hospital for antibiotics, I log off this server so i can meet my friend. We both pick a server and upon logging in I realise that there is a lot of smoke comming from electro. I turn around and, oh look, the entire town is practically leveled. I immediately give my friend the "LEAVE THIS *(^&(ing SERVER NOW!!!" and in the abort menu group chat, the server inhabitants are qq'ing about bombs and nukes.

I haven't played in about 4-5 weeks, friends just got arma since it was a summer sale on steam and decided now would be the best time to come back. If today is any indication of how hacking has grown in a month then there is a serious issue.

i was more thinking into the direction of you coding your own game.

if you can fix someone else's game with such ease,it should be no problem for you to do that within reasonable time.

think of the shitload of money you will earn.....

concerns? all of you are acting like as if they are sitting at some random beach, nipping drinks, checking chicks, trolling us with fake posts

none of you take into account that they are busy fixing the game you are playing on FOR FREE

inb4 "i paid for arma2"

You're an idiot.

As server admins we get 0 tools to help stop the hacking as it happens, now we don't even have a side chat for people to tell us whats going on, are we now suppossed to also pay for a public teamspeak 3 server and police that too so that people can tell us when they see hacking going on?

meanwhile the hackers out there have tools like this http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg13/scaled.php?server=13&filename=tentsrandom.jpg&res=landing that are reading from all the info stored in active memory the game client gets sent [for no good reason] letting them see where everyone is, where every vehicle is, where every tent is, where every zombie is, in fact that can see where and what every piece of spawned loot is in the game.

Thats not even counting the hacks for killing people instantly and spawning vehicles .etc., this is just the passive hacks that BE can never detect and that can't be stopped until the server stops sending every piece of data about everything on the server to the client all the time.

as a server admin, where are my tools to see people teleporting around the map? teleporting vehicles, tent duping .etc?

what I have to manually parse the log in notepad for hours per day trying to spot some script usage which 90% of the time BE doesn't even detect because of active memory injection?