poudjik

ONE Server for All DayZ players! (MMOFPS)

The success of DayZ mod still astonishes me, there are idk maybe 60 DayZ servers constantly full with 50 players. So you got maybe 3,000-5,000 players playing simultaneously.

The arma2 map is gigantic, and we all know is full of potential. My suggestion is, if technically possible:

wouldn't it be great to have all of the dayZ players on the same server?

50 players is nice, but its very scattered, considering the map is 250km². The only times I encountered other survivors was in the big cities.

If we could have thousands of players at the same time, I'm sure you would be more cautious even when walking in the countryside.

~70 to 80 players needs a Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge at 3-3.6GHz. With 1000 people you'd be looking at ~45GHz CPUs ;).

Do you have any idea what the hardware and bandwidth requirements for a server like that would be? And then imagine if you went to Cherno and your computer had to render 500 players simultaneously.

I don't think this is possible without rewriting the entire game. Just saying.

you guys are not serious right? What your asking is 7000+ player all on one server? THINK about it 2 seconds.

Would be way to crowded.

50-75 people per server is perfect. Cities are pretty crowded while the inlands are more scattered. It feels more real that way to me.

I agree. Perfect amount of players would however be abit higher. Like perhaps 100.

I was thinking of a launcher or something, then all servers would have a different maps, you to explore all, you ll need to walk from server to server

As some one mentioned earlier.

7000 people online at once, in one place... Think abuot it

Let me put it in perspective, Cherno is about 1kmx1km. With even 5 people having a shootout there, it's a madhouse...

You are talking about putting 7000 people in a 225square km... That is 31 people per each km... You grasping the reality yet? :)

If you had 1000s of people in an area 225k squared, which is mostly covered by forest or fields your not exactly a "survivor" any more :P

Lol, would be a clusterfack in cherno over beans.. And imagine nwaf.. My dear.